Keeping it in the family
For our C2 side (17/1/2009) there were 4 Creais’ (David, James, Marcus and Chris) on the field. With 2 Fiedler’s (Andrew and Daniel), 2 Miedler’s (Andrew and Riley) & 2 (Geoff and Nick) Starr’s you can only imagine the scorer’s life.
Not sure if the 4 Creais’ is a Club record but it would be up there. This still has a long way to go from the early teams of the Association though. The South Colah Cricket Club had 18 sons of Patrick and John Duffy (Duffy Ave) of Thornleigh, Dural CC was sustained by the seven sons of Thomas Best, Pennant Hills CC by the 10 sons of Arthur Thompson (Thompson Corner) and Castle Hill CC by the eleven sons of John James.
Annangrove Park (1939/40)
Renovated in 1981/82 and used regularly since.
- 26/10/2002 – Jon Burns (D1) took his 250th wicket and scored his 2,000th run for WPHC Vs Glenorie
- 2002/03 C1 – Club 7th wicket C1 record partnership of 153 between Craig Hutchinson (100*) & Joshua Lovell (55) Vs Normanhurst
- 20/11/04 – C2 Club 4th wicket record partnership of 174 by Daniel Moye (115) and Iain Ryan (96) Vs Kenthurst
- 11/11/06 – C2 Club 6th wicket record partnership of 140 by Mark Carnerio (118) & Ben O’Sullivan (49) Vs Pennant Hills
- 22/9/07 Ross Anderson C1 Vs ARL brought up a Club record 7,000 career runs
- 8/1/2011 – B2 Ansel Castelino bowled 4 overs and in these 24 deliveries he took 5/5 that included a hat-trick in his 2nd over. It didn’t end here. Four balls later he was on another hat-trick, and on the critical ball the batsman edged to 2nd slip. However, we didn’t have a 2nd slip in place and this was an opportunity missed. Unfortunately the Team was rolled for 40 chasing 94 to win which is our 2nd lowest score in B2 Grade.
- 4/11/2017 – Brent Larkham (200*) and Eric Junkkari (75*) put on a record 248* for B2 Red Vs Lankan Islanders. Some facts on this partnership:
- Brent’s 200 is just the 6th double in our history and sits behind:
- 225 – Ken Smith (B1) – 1951/52
- 223 – Russel Ingram (C2) – 5/12/2009
- 215 – John Chadwick (C1) – 1952/53
- 211 – Russel Ingram (C2) – 1/11/2009
- 205 – Rob Gailey (C1) – 1991/92
- Brent is the youngest player in our long history to score 200 at 17 years and 10 months of age
- The 6th wicket partnership of 248* has smashed the Association and Club records:
- 183 runs set in 1991/92
- 156 runs set by Eric Joiner (69) and Scott Roderick (50) Vs Mt Colah in 1984/85
- Eric’s 75* brought up his 5,000 career runs and became just the 7th player to reach this milestone.