Caterson 2, 4 and 6
A match to remember
- 15/10/2011- Riley Miedler (A2) had a day to remember. After taking 5/18 on Day 1 Riley. On the 2nd day, opening the bowling in the 2nd innings he took 6/11. An outstanding standalone performance but how about this effort:
- Match figures of 11/29 – the 47th time in our 81 year history a player has taken 10 wickets in a match
- This is the best bowling performance in any grade since the 14 wickets for 96 runs by Ben McNamara in D1 on the 12th and 13th February 2006
- Riley’s hat-trick is the 36th taken in our history
- It was also the first time a hat-trick had been taken in the 1st over on an innings.
- 17/2/2018 – Rick Turner, Alex Turner and Zac Turner became the first time a father and 2 x son combination played A2 Grade together. The first game of the 2017/18 season was the 1st time a father and son (Rick and Alex) played A2 together on 23 September 2018 at Dural Park.
- 10/1/04 – the great Tony Hadley went for 29 (the 2nd highest number of runs from an over in our history). The sequence was nb,6,4,6,6,6, Vs Castle Hill.
- 8/10/2011 – Day 1. Our A2 boys rolled Castle Hill for 22 in 9.4 overs. Darren Morrow was superb, taking 4/4 from 5 overs and emerging star Riley Miedler took 5/18 from 5 overs. Castle Hill were all out after 9.3 overs.
- 15/10/2011 – Day 2. To finish the massacre we bowled Castle Hill out for 19 in the 2nd innings. Some records were achieved:
- 41 runs is the lowest 2 innings combined score by an Opposition team in our history – all Grades
- The 19 in the 2nd innings is the 7th lowest innings total in our history (as a bowling side). The record is:
- 12 by C2 Vs Arcadia in 1967/68
- 15 by our B1 side Vs Glenorie 1958/59
- 15 Vs Pymble (B2) in 1974/75
- 18 Vs Kissing Point (C1) @ Auluba 20/1/2004
- 18 Vs Wahroonga (D1) @ Karuah 28/10/2000
- 18 Vs St Ives (D1) @ Pennant Hills 29/11/2003
- The 2 innings were completed in 17.4 overs – 9.4 in the 1st innings and 8.0 in the 2nd innings
- It is the first time a hat-trick was taken in the 1st over of an innings by a WPHC player – all Grades.
- 8/9/2013 – 9th wicket D1 Club record partnership 108 between Greg Bourke (73) & Dave Behlevanas (41) Vs Kissing Point
- 17/12/2016 – Andrew Driscoll took his 300th wicket Vs Castle Hill RSL to be only to 10th player to achieve this milestone.
- 22/9/2007 – Peter Westerberg (D2) set a Club record of being run out (0) twice on the same day.
- 17/1/2009 – Russell Ingram (C3) scored 36* but…..in this he scored 5 sixes with 4 coming from one over in five balls with 3 lost balls. One massive six went over square leg (Caterson 4) that cleared the top of several of the tall gum trees that surround the ground (they would be at least 20m high trees). The scoring sequence was: dot, 6 (ball lost), 6 (ball lost), dot, 6 (ball lost), 6. This is the equal greatest number of 6’s in an over by a West Penno player equalling the record set on 12/1/2008 (A2 Vs Galston-Glenorie 2 @ Mt Ku-ring-gai) when Ronan Barrett hit 4 in the 16th over to win the game.
- 3/12/2011 – Ray Khamis (D1Red and U16) scored 98 and included in this is a record 11 sixers hit in an innings. It beat the previous record of 10 held by Alex Sutcliffe (D1 28/3/1998) and Russel Ingram (C2 24/10/2009).
- 28/9/2013 – Greg Bourke (73) & Dave Behlevanas (41) put on a D1 Club record partnership of 108 Vs Kissing Point
- 13/3/2015 (John Hayne Cup) – Peter Lees (C2) brought up his 4,000th career run with a massive 6 to become the 15th highest run scorer in our history
- 9/12/2017 – Rommel Pandey belted a C3 Grade record of 30 runs off an over in a scoring sequence of 6, 6, 6, 6, dot, 6. This beat the previous record of 24 held jointly by Indranil Mukherjee and Russel Ingram.
- 10/9/2005 D2 – Ben Pilipowski (26) and Rolf Rasmussen (172 retired) set a Club record 4th wicket partnership of 108 Vs Castle Hill
- Also in this innings Rolf’s ton was the 300th in our history.