News – 18th November 2018
A snapshot of achievements this week:
- In Junior Boys:
- Oscar Keys (U16 White) took 4/35 Vs Kenthurst
- Jehan Polwaththe (U14 Orange) 3/3 Vs Notmanhurst-Warrawee
- Ben Burrows (U12 Blue) 3/15 Vs WPHC Red
- Aditya Nair (U16 Blue) 3/16 Vs Berowra
- In Seniors – well done to the boys who got tons on the weekend:
- Josh Banner (A2) scored 123*
- Nathan Fathers (C2 Blue) – 118
- Josh Mathias (A1) – 108
- Shankar Ravi (C2 Red) took 5/46 bowling a marathon 25 overs against Glenorie and taking 3 catches.
Academy – Seniors
We are now into week 5 of the Academy and feedback has again been great. The Academy is offered to everyone in our Club:
- Girls only
- Boys – U12 to U13 & U14 to U16s
The program is over 10 weeks and has the best Coaches available – Premier 1st Grade and 1st Class cricketers.
For the Seniors, after a couple of people have had change in work commitments there are a couple of spots available. If you are serious about improving your game you can join up now with 6 sessions left. Details are:
- When: the Academy is held each Wednesday between 5.30 pm and 7.00 pm
- Where: John Purchase Oval / Greenway Park
- Cost: $110 – a 50% fee reduction to reflect the shorter time.
If you are happy with more of the same from your game then no problems. If you want to raise your game to the next level, irrespective of age or Grade, this is your opportunity to give it a go.
If you want to know more then just get back to Ross Anderson – here
Association Holiday Coaching Clinics
The HK&HDCA Coaches Association are again running their fantastic School Holiday Clinics. The Clinics are run by the legendary Bruce Wood and have a fantastic reputation extending well beyond our Association. They are targeted at boys and girls aged between 6 – 14 years and all levels of ability.
This season we are running 3 Clinics in the upcoming school holidays – 2 at Mark Taylor Oval (Waitara) and one at George Thornton Reserve (West Pennant Hills). The accompanying link has all the information and is thoroughly recommended – here
At a snapshot though:
- Clinic 1 – Tuesday (8th) & Wednesday (9th) January at Mark Taylor Oval
- Clinic 2 – Tuesday (15th) & Wednesday (16th) January also at MTO
- Clinic 3 – Wednesday (23rd) & Thursday (24th) January at George Thornton reserve WPH
- Cost – $135 for the 2 days or $200 if 2 children register.
These sessions are very popular, are run on a cost recovery basis and have high quality coaches with Rod Hokin (Level 3) running each session.
These are highly recommended and if you want to know more info then feel free to call Josh Miller on 0434 820 806
Please get in early as Registrations always close once places are filled.
T20 Feast – Back to Waitara
Northern District Cricket Club are hosting a T20 Double Header with their Premier 1st Grade side at Mark Taylor Oval. Our Kanga Cricketers will be involved during the break and everyone is welcome to come along and see some high class T20 cricket being played by the next generation of stars.
- Date – Sunday 25th of November 2018
- Time – two games:
- 10.00 am to 1.00 pm (Northern District Vs Bankstown)
- 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm (Northern District Vs Parramatta)
- Where – Mark Taylor Oval (Waitara)
During the lunch break our Kanga and U8s will be providing some entertainment for everyone attending so it will be a great day with a real West Penno flavour.
Blowfly Cricket is underway and is proving a great success.
A special call out to our Sponsors – those great people who can make this whole experience affordable for families:
- Veri Curtains
- Blanchard Internationa
- Rotary Club of West Pennnat Hills & Cherrybrook
- Sommers Sports Clothing
Blowfly Cricket gives young people aged between 5 and 25 years with autism, cerebral palsy and down syndrome the chance to play competitive sport.Check out the website link to find more information – here
If someone if your family is affected or if you know someone who would love to participate then please contact Bill Peterkin on here or 0488 110 942
High achievements for Day 2 of Round 5 will be updated as scores come through but the best so far are:
- No major scores received so far and this will be updated once they come though
- Oscar Keys (U16 White) took 4/35 Vs Kenthurst @ Kenthurst Park
- Jehan Polwaththe (U14 Orange) 3/3 Vs Notmanhurst-Warrawee @ Normo Oval
- Ben Burrows (U12 Blue) 3/15 Vs WPHC Red @ James Henty
- Aditya Nair (U16 Blue) 3/16 Vs Berowra @ Warrina street
Team standings after Round 5 are:
U16s – Blue =2nd (2nd on quotient); White 4th
U15s – 5th
U14s – =2nd (2nd on quotient), Red =2nd (3rd on quotient); White 5th
U13s – 3rd, Purple =4th (4th on quotient), Orange =7th (7th) ,Green 9th, Blue 11th
U12s – Orange =1st (1st on quotient),Gold 6th ,Red =8th (9th), Green ==11th (12th),Blue =13th (14th)
U11s – Green = 5th (6th on quotient), Blue 9th, Red 11th, Gold =14th (15th)
U10s – non competition
U9s – non competition
U8s – non competition
The results from Round 5 are listed below. Outstanding Individual achievements will be updated as scorecards are updated.
WPHC Vs Bye – no game this week.
WPHC Red 5/148 defeated Thornleigh 4/79 – individual performances will be updated shortly.
WPHC Blue 4/57 lost to Castle Hill 2/62 – as above.
- WPHC 1st
- Red = 2nd
- Blue 3rd
Round highlights – Day 1 Round 6
What a great day with some amazing results. How about these:
- Our 7th placed C1 side was playing the Competition leader and rolled them for 57 and we are 2/165 in reply!
- C2 Blue scored the highest Senior score in the Competition with 7/322
- C3 Blue then backed this up with the 3rd highest score of 5/293
- We had 3 century scorers and 2 players in their 90s with not outs:
- Josh Banner (A2) scored 123* (our 478th ton)
- Nathan Fathers (C2 Blue) – 118 (479th)
- Josh Mathias (A1) – 108 (480th)
Plus we have 2 players who may get to 100 by batting on next weekend:
- Nandu Ramesh 93* (C1)
- Matt Schwartzel 98* (C2 Blue)
Check out the Anecdotes but if the at least one of the not out batsmen bat on for a ton this will be a record number of toms scored in a first innings.
Training has been running since the season start but with Daylight savings now in place it becomes more of an option for people to turn-up who have work or other commitments. Details are:
- Wednesday @ John Purchase from 4.30 pm
- Friday @ WPH Sports Club nets also from 4.30 pm.
Standings after 6 Rounds are:
- A1 Grade – =4th (4th on quotient)
- A2 – =1st (1st on quotient)
- Blue (Rick) – 8th
- Red (Gunny) – 3rd
- B2 – =3rd (3rd on quotient)
- C1 – =7th (7th on quotient)
- Blue (Fieds) – 1st
- Red (Indranil) – 5th
- C3 – 3rd
- D1 – 3rd
- D2 – 5th
“Bistro WPH” Photo of the Month
Now that the season is underway for everyone, our ‘Photo of the Month’ Competition is underway. All photos are loaded on the website with the best Photo chosen to win a fabulous prize – a $50 dinner voucher at Bistro WPH – here
To is easy to enter:
- Just take a photo of anything to do with our Club – Kanga, Girls, Boys and Seniors
- The photo can be of our players batting, bowling or fielding
- Also, we are keen to get any ‘quirky’ photos that are a bit of fun.
Just take a photo and send it to Ross Anderson (here ) with some brief commentary and it is that easy.