News – 12 January 2020
Women’s Social Cricket is here
Attention all mum’s of our Junior players, partners of Senior players and anyone else over 16 years who wants to play social cricket
Cricket NSW, in partnership with Northern District Cricket Club, are launching a new initiative in Term 1, 2020 to encourage more women to be active and to participate in cricket.
This program give the opportunity to play the game they have likely watched hundreds of times and always wanted to give it a go, or even just take up the sport again after a bit of a break. The details are:
- When: Wednesday nights starting 12/2/20, ending 18/3/20
- Come and try night on 5/2/20
- 6 Week program
- Where: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Time: 7pm – 8:30pm. 8pm onwards up in the club house for BYO drinks and complimentary food for first 2 weeks. After that we will be encouraging people to bring their own food to share with everyone.
- Equipment/ Rules
- Soft Ball ‘Master Blaster’ style cricket – meaning no protective equipment needed (All bats and balls provided)
- Teams of 6-8 players
- Everyone bowls and bats
- Relaxed format is designed to allow everyone from beginners to experienced players to have fun
Registration is via www.playcricket.com.au as an individual, small group (2-5 people) or as a full team (6+ players)
In the first week of February 2020, we will be running our bi-annual Club Survey across, Junior Blasters, Girls and Juniors. We run these Surveys every 2 years with Seniors being held last season. This is an anonymous Survey that is a catalyst for change.
Already it has resulted in a rewrite of our ‘Participation over Results’ for Juniors, our successful efforts to introduce Pathways cricket to the U8s with the introduction of Master Blasters, ramped up communication, and the move towards greater diversity across the Club. So…..this is important and please keep a lookout for it in early February.
Dates for the calendar
- Christmas / New Year break:
- Juniors – 14th December. Start back 1st February
- Seniors – 21st December. Start back 11th January
- Junior Semi Finals – 8th March 2020
- Junior Grand Finals – 15th March
- Senior Semi Finals – 7th & 14th March
- Senior Grand Final – 21st & 22nd March
School Holiday Coaching Clinics
The renowned HK&HDCA Coaches’ Association has scheduled three more school holiday cricket clinics in January 2020. This program is recommended.
There is still time to register for the final 2 sessions – details below.
Led by experienced coaches, Rod Hokin (Cricket Australia – Level 3 Accredited) will provide a fantastic experience for all the junior players. A few details:
- Who can attend – boys and girls aged from 6 – 14 years of standards from beginners to representative level players
- Where & When:
- Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Wednesday 22nd & Thursday 23rd January
- Normanhurst Oval:
- Thursday 16th & Friday 17th January 2020
- Time – 8.30 am to 2.00 pm
- Cost – $120 / Clinic or $170 for 2 clinics. Fees are at cost recovery as the Coaches Association is a not for profit organisation.
- Registration – please refer to the attachment. History tells us though to get in quickly as spaces do fill up.
See flyer – here
Women’s cricket – Social initiative
With the success of Girl’s cricket, CNSW are now running an initiative that for the mums and women who want to get out there and have a bit of fun.
Something else to keep an eye out for in January is our Women’s Social Cricket initiative which will be launched in early January.
The program will be all soft ball on Wednesday nights at Mark Taylor Oval for 6 weeks in Term 1 2020.
It would be great if you could please start sharing this with anyone who is a mother, partner or friend of a current player. We are aiming to provide a fast, friendly and easy option for women (Over 16 yrs old) in our district to stay active and play the game that they have probably watched hundreds of times over the years but never had the chance to play!
If you know of anyone who may be interested please tell them so send me an email at here.
Girl’s-only Master Blaster
The Spring Competition of the Girls-only Master Blaster, run at Thornleigh Oval on Friday nights, is now in recess. This has been a fantastic success with 14 of our Girls combining with Girls from Normanhurst, Thornleigh and Castle Hill to play Twilight games.
We start up again in on Friday 31st January 2020 at Thorneigh Oval. This runs for 8 weeks and finishes on Friday 20th March 2020.
To register, all you need to do is to Register via our website Registration portal – here and register via the Girls-only section. The rest is easy. A few things.
The Season is now in recess for the Christmas / New Year break. At the break, our Sthalekar Team is tracking at 4 wins & 3 losses. The Annetts Team has a 1/4 (+ a draw) track record.
- WPHC Sthalekar – 3rd (33 points)
- WPHC Annetts – 5th (19 points)
Top performances so far are:
- Halle Newbury – 169 runs @ 56.3
- Charlotte Raeburn – 70 runs @ 23.3
- Sofia Culas99 runs @ 49.5
- Lilly Hayhurst – 73 runs @ 36.5
- Teyana La Brooy – 7 wickets @ 7.6
- Sofia Culas – 6 wickets @ 17.2
- Halle Newbury – 3 wickets @ 26.0
- Charlotte Raeburn – 3 wickets @ 29.7
The Season is also in recess for the Christmas / New Year break. At the break, our Healy Team is tracking at 6 x wins, 1 x loss & 1 x draw. The Perry Team is at 5 x wins and 2 x losses. Top performances are:
- Ellen Hall – 104 runs @ 104.0
- Grace Keane – 91 runs @ 91.0
- Esha Tiwana – 216 runs @ 108.0
- Tuvini – 167 runs @ 83.5
- Elysa Oliveri – 7 wickets @ 13.9
- Danielle Chivers – 6 wickets 13.8
- Divyanshi – 9 wickets @ 12.4
- Amy Hale – 6 wickets @ 10.3
WPHC (Healy) – 1st (45 points)
WPHC (Perry) – 2nd (44 points)
The drought and the fires have caused the cancellation of 2 of our 3 Country Carnivals. The current status with the Carnivals is:
- U14 Tamworth JCU Carnival – cancelled
- U15 Walter Taylor Shield (Armidale) – held
- U16 Stan Austin Cup (Taree) – cancelled
Our U15s did managed to play in the Walter Taylor Carnival against Country sides at Armidale last week and played against kids doing it tough plus do their bit in supporting local businesses. We 1, lost 3 games but left a huge positive impact off the field. The Anecdotes section of the website has a story on this one.
After the final Round before the break (14 December) highlights follow. Competition starts again on Saturday 1st February 2020.
- 102* – Jordan Netto (U15/16 White) scored his 3rd ton in a row – 102*, 100* and now 102* for 318 runs at no average yet as he hasn’t been out
- 60 by Louis Malandrino (U14 Purple)
- 158* by Jordan Netto 102* and Lachlan Daly (U15/16 White) Vs WPHC Blue @ Greenway Park.
- No Individual bowling highlights.
After the latest Round (10), our Team standings are:
- U15 /U16s – Orange 3rd; Blue 5th; White 8th; Red 11th
- U14s – Red 2nd; Purple 3rd; Orange 7th ; Blue 8th ; Green 9th
- U13s – Green =7th (7th); Red =7th (8th); Blue; 10th; White 11th
- U12s – Blue =3rd (4th); Green 6th; Orange 15th; Gold 17th; Red 19th.
- U11s – Blue 2nd; Orange =6th (6th); Gold =8th (8th); Red 14th; Green 15th
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated.
Seniors (All Age)
Round 9 (1-Dayer) highlights:
- 97* by Alastair Fullerton (D1 Blue) Vs Hornsby
- 93 – Billy Gaunt (A2 Red) Vs Kenthurst
- Ryan Loveridge took our 50th Hat-trick Vs Sydney Lions.
- 4/17 by Simon Smyth (A1) Vs Berowra
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Match Reports of every game are on the Match Report section of the website.
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk.
After 8 Rounds, Team standings are:
- A1 – 6th
- Red (Andy) – 2nd
- Blue (Gunny) – 1st
- B1 – 5th
- B2 – =3rd (3rd on quotient)
- Red (Phill) –= 1st
- Blue (Fieds) – 8th
- C2 – 5th
- C3 – 1st
- Red (Diggers) – 4th
- Blue (Rob) – 7th
- D2 – – 2nd
Club Champion player points
Our top 5 players based on Champion player points allocation is (as at 21/12/2019). This will be updated during the week as scores are loaded into MyCricket: