News – 15 September 2019
Level 1 Coaching Accreditation
We are again running a Cricket Australia accredited Level 1 Coaching Course in our own backyard. The course is run by Level 2 accredited CNSW Coaches.
This Program is open to the Public and will fill quickly. So if you are interested then please register quickly to avoid missing out.
If you are coaching a side and would like to get the formal qualifications plus learn new skills and drills then this is a must do course. Details are:
- When: Sunday, 29th September
- Where: Edward Bennett Oval
- Time: 00 am to 1.00 pm
- Cost: $Nil
How do I register?
The Registration system will be open on Thursday (19/9) and will included in this news update so stay tuned for more information.
Girls Only Master Blasters
An exciting initiative for Girls cricket is about to start. A Girls-only Cricket Blast Program is starting in October.
There will be a Centre Hub at Thornleigh Oval for girls aged between 7 and 10 years of age. Girls from WPHCCC, Thornleigh, Castle Hill, Kenthurst, Galston-Glenorie, Normanhurst, Pennant Hills and Beecroft will come together to play fun, fast cricket with music and lots of activity at the one venue.
- When – Starting (10th, 11th and 13th October – ending 28th, 29th November and 1st December)
- Where – Thornleigh Oval
- Time – 6.00 pm to 7.30 pm
- Cost – $100 plus you can use your Active Kids voucher so the cost can be $0
How do I register?
Register via our website Registration page or contact Suzanna or Grant Colburt at here or by phone: Grant: 0413 594 077 / Suzanna: 0413 594 082.
Season is underway
Junior Blasters (formerly known as Kanga)
Registrations remain open and we encourage you to register as soon as possible to play in the same Team as your mates. Key dates are:
- Information Night (Parents) – Tuesday 24 September 2019
- Program starts – Saturday 12th October @ Edward Bennett Oval
Registrations remain open and the season will start in the first week of October. Like the boys, details are being worked on but the Competition is likely to start on the first weekend in October.
Started on Saturday 14th September. Highlights of the Round will be updated on the website once all the scores are updated on MyCricket.
Day 1 highlights are:
- 65 runs by Vipul Manjunath (U14 Orange) Vs Castle Hill
- 55 by Rigved Sodal (U14 Green) Vs Castle Hill
- 51* by Ahan Vinod (U12 Green) Vs WPHC Red
- 3/3 by Harrison Hawse (U12 Blue) Vs ARL
- 3/5 by Ansh Gupta (U11 Red) Vs CHRSL
- 3/7 by Kristian Kohlhagen (U11 Red) Vs CHRSL
- 3/10 by Ben Burrows (U13 Blue) Vs Normanhurst-Warrawee
- 3/17 by Meet Vyas (U15/16 Blue) Vs Normanhurst-Warrawee
- 3/8 by Shakeel Mistry (U13 Green) Vs Hornsby (all wickets bowled)
Seniors (All Age)
The season started on Saturday and the Match Report section of the website reports on each game. The 1st 2 weeks (14th & 21st September) are T20 games and the standard Competition on the 28th September.
Congratulations to our Captains for the main season:
- A1 Grade – Justin Paterson (23rd A1 Captain)
- A2 Grade – Andy Meikle
- B1 Grade – Michael Gunn
- B2 Grade – Rick Turner
- Red – Rob Knapman
- Blue – Phill Hando
- C2 Grade Indranil Mukherjee
- C3 – Steve (Buzz) Burrows
- Red – Ian Digby
- Blue – Rob Hanich
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk. Training starts when Daylight Savings comes in.
Association School Holidays Clinic
The highly acclaimed Coaching Clinics run by the Association Coaches’ Association (led by Bruce Wood) are on again in the October School Holidays. The Coaches’ Association has now run 50 successful Clinics. They are highly recommended by our Club.
The Coaches’ Association are running 2 Clinics at Mark Taylor Oval (Waitara) and George Thornton Reserve.
Who can participate?
These clinics are designed for boys and girls aged from 6 – 14 years and they cater for all standards from beginners to representative level players.
- Where – Mark Taylor Oval (Waitara)
- When – Wednesday 2nd October & Thursday 3rd October
- Time – 8.30 am to 2.00 pm
- George Thornton Reserve (WPH)
- When – Tuesday 8th October & Thursday 9th October
- Time – 8.30 am to 2.00 pm
- $120 / Clinic or $170 for 2 clinics
See flyer – here
For the Diary
The Academy will again be operating this season. This has been very popular over the last couple of years and we will again be working with elite 1st Grade and First Class cricketers to provide specialist coaching.
We will also be running again the Skills Clinics for our Junior Boys and Girls throughout the season. These Clinics are free and run throughout the season where our Juniors get high quality coaching that is an add-on to the normal Team based coaching.
One of the privileges of playing for West Penno is that we are the only Club side in NSW that is invited to participate in Country Carnivals during the New Year period in early January. These are very popular and we see long term friendship develop between players and parents afer what is a wonderful week away in our Country areas. The Carnivals are:
- U14s – Tamworth JCU Carnival
- U15s – Walter Taylor Shield (Armidale)
- U16 Stan Austin Cup (Taree)
Sydney Sixers membership
Included in the Registration form is an option to become Sydney Sixers Members. This is your choice to accept or decline to opportunity. It is though worth noting the benefits of Membership:
- Discounts of $5 for single membership and $15 for families
- Club priority for donation requests (Please note we are expecting an increase in Club Partners this season, so we highly recommend registering if you think that you may need any donations to ensure that you don’t miss out)
- W/BBL team signed bat.
- Entry to 3 matches (including Sydney Smash).
- Blast Squad on-field opportunity during home games.
So if you would like to signup it is as easy as doing so when you register.
One to look out for is a Special General Meeting to consider a new Constitution to replace the Model Form we have had since the early 1980s.
Since our Cub became an incorporated body all those years ago, we adopted the Model Constitution under the Act which with our growth/development since has now become somewhat irrelevant to our needs.
A revised, updated document has now been prepared and has been approved by the Executive Committee. For this to be adopted, the law requires it to be presented and approved at a special general meeting of members for which they have been given 21 day’s notice.
All members, who attend the meeting, may vote provided they are financial and over 18 years of age. The formal notice, showing venue, time, date and attaching the new constitution document, will be sent to you in the coming weeks.
Please understand that the only business allowed at that meeting will be a motion to adopt the new constitution as submitted.
More information will follow on this so stay tuned.