News – 22 March 2020
Dates for the calendar
- Seniors Presentation Night (Friday 1 May 2020) – CANCELLED
- Registrations (on-line) – open 1 July 2020
- Information Day – Sunday 26th July 2020 (Oakhill Drive Public School)
- Seniors first Pre-season training – Saturday 1st August (WPH Sports Club nets
- 1st game of the 2020/21 season – Saturday 5th September 2020
WPH Sports Club nets – Closed
Then Sports Club has advised (24 March) that the cricket nets have been shut for an undefined time due to the COVID-19 virus. To quote the Sports Club:
“The decision was based on the social distancing regulations and the fact that we have advised our insurers that the Club is closed until the COVID-19 situation is resolved.”
Seniors Grand Finals & Junior Rep Trials – cancelled
A note from our Association:
“On the basis of Cricket Australia and Cricket NSW’s strong recommendations, and in the interests of player, official and community health and safety, all 2019/20 senior grand finals are cancelled, and the highest placed teams have been awarded premiers. Refer to the links below for details of CA and CNSW announcements.
The above resolution was passed at the Executive teleconference meeting 17/3/2020.
All executive members agreed this was a difficult decision and disappointing end to the season, but we are experiencing extraordinary times.
Junior representative trials have also been postponed. The rescheduled date of the trials cannot be confirmed in this quickly evolving COVID-19 pandemic.”
Following the Federal Government’s ban on non-essential gatherings with > 500 people our Club has decided to cancel the Juniors Presentation Day next weekend (22nd March) due to a duty of care. Alternatives arrangements will be advised once determined.
U13s to U15s boys – POSTPONED
Originally scheduled for Sunday 29 March 2020, all Junior Rep Trials have been postponed.
U10s to U12s Boys – POSTPONED
Results of the GF played on Saturday 7 March 2020:
WPHC (Sthalekar) 2nd defeated Thornleigh 4th in the Plate Final.
The 5th placed Annetts Team just missed the Finals by finishing 5th.
Final Competition standings are:
- WPHC Sthalekar – 2nd (45 points)
- WPHC Annetts – =4th (5th on quotient) – 29 points
Congratulations to our Grand Finalists:
WPHC Perry 4/31 lost to Castle Hill RSL 30 in the Plate Final.
Final Competition standings are:
- WPHC Healy 1st (49 points)
- WPHC Perry – 3rd (43 points)
- Blue (2nd) 76 lost to Normanhurst-Warrawee (1st) 93
- Orange (3rd) 135 lost to Hornsby (1st) 141
- 35 by Joshua Wright (U11 Orange) Vs Hornsby (Grand Final)
- 35 by Jehan Polwaththe (U11 Orange) Vs Hornsby (GF)
- No significant achievements (wickets > 3)
- As above
After the last competition Round – 29th February, Team standings:
- U15 /U16s – Orange =2nd (3rd on quotient); Blue 7th; Red 8th; White 10th
- U14s – Red 1st; Purple =2nd (3rd on quotient), Blue 6th; Orange 7th, Green 9th
- U13s – Red 6th, Green 7th, Blue 10th, White 11th
- U12s – Blue 4th; Green 8th; Orange 15th; Gold 17th; Red 19th.
- U11s – Blue 2nd; Orange 3rd; Gold 9th; Red 12th; Green 14th
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated.
Seniors (All Age)
The Senior Presentation Day, scheduled for Friday 1 May 2020 has been cancelled due to COVID 2020.
Semi-Finals & Grand Finals
Round Semi Final (Day 2) highlights are listed below. Grand Finals were cancelled due to COVID-19:
Congratulations to our Minor Premiers and Premiers (declared after finishing highest on the Competition table):
- C1 Red (Phill)
- C3 (Buzz)
Commiserations to our Teams that missed out in the Semi Finals – wet weather ensured drawn games meaning our 4 lower placed sides missed out:
- A2 Blue (Gunny)
- C2 (Indranil)
- D1 Blue (Rob)
- D2 (Mike)
- 57* by Xander Vink (C3) Vs St Ives @ Les Shore 1
- 6/44 by Ben Meikle Vs Berowra @ Headen Park
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Team standings after the final Round (14) follows:
- A1 – 5th (37 points)
- Blue (Gunny) – 3rd (53 points)
- Red (Andy) – 5th (47 points)
- B1 – 6th (38 points)
- B2 – 8th (33 points)
- Red (Phill) = 1st
- Blue (Fieds) – 8th
- C2 – 4th (42 points)
- C3 – 1st (70 points)
- Blue (Rob) – 3rd 48 points)
- Red (Diggers) – 5th (44 points)
- D2 – 3rd (52 points)