News – 23 February 2020
Dates for the calendar
- Junior Semi Finals – 8th March 2020
- Junior Grand Finals – 15th March
- Junior Presentation Day – Saturday 21 March at Oakhill Drive Public School
- Senior Semi Finals – 7th & 14th March
- Senior Grand Final – 21st & 22nd March
- Seniors Presentation Night – Friday 1st May
Women’s Social Cricket and Festival of Cricket – Wednesday 26th February
A great initiative for anyone interested in cricket let alone Girl’s & Women’s cricket.
First is the runaway success of Women’s Social Cricket at Mark Taylor Oval with over 100 Women playing on Wednesdays at twilight. This is now about to be topped again. CNSW has organised:
- Sixers BBL Trophy will be there! – Photo opportunities will be available from 4-8pm
- Woolworths Bus Activation – Beanbags, Smoothies and more!
- Woolworths Cricket Blast activities for the kids
- Sixers Family Challenge – Take on your family members in some fun activities!
- Sixers Women’s Social Cricket from 7pm under lights
- The NSW Breakers Squad will be training and available for meet and greets – Come and watch them train from 12pm and meet them from 4pm
- Sixers giveaways
All of the above activities will be up and running all afternoon and throughout the night so if you would like to come along early, grab a smoothie and take a photo with the BBL trophy then we would love to see you there from 4pm!
Woolworths Blast Bus at Junior Blasters – 22nd February
On Saturday we had the Woolworths Blast Bus – the same bus that goes along to the big bash games at Edward Bennett Oval. The Junior Blasters and their families had activities a nice chill out area for those needing a rest.
There are only 10 clubs across NSW who had this opportunity so we are very lucky!
Women’s T20 World Cup
The Women’s T20 World Cup started on Friday. This will be an amazing opportunity with big crowds and great cricket. Also there is no Competition from the Men’s side as they have disappeared, somewhere, for the summer.
Tickets for the World Cup are $5 for kids (2-16yrs) and start from $20 for Adults.
The opening match on Friday 21st Feb (AUS v IND) at Sydney Showground Stadium has adult category C tickets at $20, category B tickets at $30 and category A tickets at $40, with kids $5 for all categories.
Key dates for Australia;
- Thurs 5th March – Semi-final (double header) at the SCG. The best 4 teams in the world playing off.
Tickets are $5 for kids (2-16yrs) in all categories, while Adults tickets are $20 for category C (Pink), $35 for category B (yellow) and $50 for category A (white). The first semi-final will begin at approx. 3:00pm and the 2nd semi-final approx. 7:00pm.
Seating map is here; here
- Sun 8th March – World Cup Final at the MCG on International Women’s Day (IWD).
The seating map is here; here
Tickets are $5 for kids (2-16yrs) in all categories, while Adults tickets are $20 for category C (Pink), $40 for category B (yellow) and $60 for category A (white). The match will begin approx. 6:00pm. This includes the pre and post-match entertainment by Katy Perry!
Our bi-annual Club Survey across, Junior Blasters, Girls and Juniors is underway. We run these Surveys every 2 years with Seniors being held last season. This is an anonymous Survey that is a catalyst for change.
Already it has resulted in a rewrite of our ‘Participation over Results’ for Juniors, our successful efforts to introduce Pathways cricket to the U8s with the introduction of Master Blasters, ramped up communication, and the move towards greater diversity across the Club.
Girl’s-only Master Blaster (7 to 10 years)
Is underway at Thornleigh Oval and runs until Friday 20th March 2020.
To play, all you need to do is to Register via our website Registration portal – here and register via the Girls-only section. The rest is easy.
After a washout last weekend results from our 1st match back are:
WPHC (Annetts) 6/147 defeated Thornleigh 45
WPHC (Sthalekar) 5/70 defeated Caste Hill RSL 3/69
- WPHC Sthalekar – 3rd (45 points)
- WPHC Annetts – =4th (5th on quotient) – 29 points
WPHC Healy 86 lost to Castle Hill RSL Thunder 6/87 –
WPHC Perry Vs Bye
WPHC (Healy) – 1st (49 points)
WPHC (Perry) – 3rd (43 points)
All matches were played this week. Highlights are:
- 103* by Shaan Bakshi (U15/16 Blue) Vs WPHC Orange @ Greenway Park
- 67 by Sparsh Polepalle (U15/16 Blue) Vs WPHC Orange @ Greenway Park
- 4/23 by Kristian Kohlhagen (U11 Red) Vs Castle Hill White @ Coolong Reserve
- 3/5 by Samuel Baker (U13 Red) Vs Oakhill College @ Headen Park.
- 186 (2nd wicket) by Shaan Bakshi (103*) & Sparsh Polepalle (67) for U15/16 Blue @ Greenway Park
This partnership just missed out beating the U16 Club record 2nd partnership of 213 scored way back in 2004.
After the latest Round 13 – 15 Feb, our Team standings are:
- U15 /U16s – Orange =3rd (4th on quotient); Blue 7th; White =9th (9th); Red = 9th (10th)
- U14s – Red 1st; Purple =4th (5th on quotient), Orange 6th; Blue 7th; Green 9th
- U13s – Red 6th, Green 8th, Blue 10th, White 11th
- U12s – Blue =4th (4th); Green 7th; Orange 14th; Gold 17th; Red 19th.
- U11s – Blue 2nd; Orange 6th; Gold 8th; Red 12th; Green 15th
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated.
Seniors (All Age)
Round 14 (Day 1) highlights are summarised:
- 62 by Zac Morris (A2) Vs Kenthurst Upper Hills @ Dural Park
- Nil outstanding individual performances
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Match Reports of every game are on the Match Report section of the website.
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk.
After 13 Rounds, Team standings are:
- A1 – 5th
- Red (Andy) – 5th
- Blue (Gunny) – 3rd
- B1 – 6th
- B2 – 8th
- Red (Phill) = 1st
- Blue (Fieds) – 8th
- C2 – 5th
- C3 – 1st
- Red (Diggers) – 6th
- Blue (Rob) – 4th
- D2 – – 3rd
Club Champion player points
Our top 5 players based on Champion player points allocation is (as at 21/2/2020):