News – 9 February 2020
Dates for the calendar
- Junior Semi Finals – 8th March 2020
- Junior Grand Finals – 15th March
- Senior Semi Finals – 7th & 14th March
- Senior Grand Final – 21st & 22nd March.
Women’s Social Cricket is here
Women’s Social Cricket kicked off with a ‘Come & Try’ Day at Mark Taylor Oval (Waitara) last Wednesday (5 February). Wow! What a success. We had over 70 Mum’s, daughters and friends come along. Supporting them were husbands, partners and family who were noisy supporters on the sidelines.
The Program runs for 6 weeks, uses a soft ball and importantly no playing experience is necessary. There is no Elyse Perry or Alyssa Healy and even if they did they would be equally welcomed. The Norther District Grade Club and CNSW also had lots of Coaches on hand to help and give guidance,
The environment is one of support and encouragement so there is no downside. To cap it off, everyone is welcome to drinks (soft drinks, wine and champagne) and nibbles in the Club Rooms at Mark Taylor Oval.
- When: Wednesday nights starting 12/2/20, ending 18/3/20
- Where: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Time: 7pm – 8:30pm. 8pm onwards up in the club house for BYO drinks and food.
- Equipment/ Rules
- Soft Ball ‘Master Blaster’ style cricket – meaning no protective equipment needed (All bats and balls provided)
- Teams of 6-8 players
- Everyone bowls and bats
Registration is via here as an individual, small group (2-5 people) or as a full team (6+ players)
In the first week of February 2020, we will be running our bi-annual Club Survey across, Junior Blasters, Girls and Juniors. We run these Surveys every 2 years with Seniors being held last season. This is an anonymous Survey that is a catalyst for change.
Already it has resulted in a rewrite of our ‘Participation over Results’ for Juniors, our successful efforts to introduce Pathways cricket to the U8s with the introduction of Master Blasters, ramped up communication, and the move towards greater diversity across the Club. So…..this is important and please keep a lookout for it in early February.
Girl’s-only Master Blaster (7 to 10 years) – started 31 January
The Spring Competition of the Girls-only Master Blaster, run at Thornleigh Oval on Friday nights, is up and running again after the School holiday break. This has been a fantastic success with 14 of our Girls combining with Girls from Normanhurst, Thornleigh and Castle Hill to play Twilight games.
We started up again on Friday – 31st January 2020 at Thornleigh Oval. This runs for 8 weeks and finishes on Friday 20th March 2020.
To play, all you need to do is to Register via our website Registration portal – www.wphccc.com.au/player-registrations/ and register via the Girls-only section. The rest is easy.
As expected, with heavy rain during the week and Saturday n play wsas possible:
WPHC (Annetts) Vs Thornleigh
WPHC (Sthalekar) Vs Castle Hill – no play due to hot conditions.
- WPHC Sthalekar – 3rd (41 points)
- WPHC Annetts – 4th (25 points)
WPHC Healy Vs Castle Hill Thunder
WPHC Perry Vs Bye – no play due to washout
WPHC (Healy) – 1st (51 points)
WPHC (Perry) – 2nd (46 points)
All games were cancelled due to rain during the week and on Saturday. The highlights of last weekend were:
- 99* by Andrew Murdoch (U15/16) Vs Berowra @ Greenway
- 72* by Rigved Sodal (U14 Green) Vs Berowra @ Warrina Street
- 57* by Hashene Dahanayake (U14 Red) Vs WPHC Purple @ Dural Park
- 4/3 – Sodhan Gowda (U13 Red) Vs Berowra @ Old Dairy
- 3/10 – Andre Guerin (U11 Blue) Vs Berowra @ Brooklyn
- 126 (2nd wicket) by Andrew Murdoch (99*) and Ryan Richards (36) Vs Berowra @ Greenway Park
After the latest Round (11 – 2 Feb), our Team standings are:
- U15 /U16s – Orange 2nd, Blue 7th; White 8th; Red 9th
- U14s – Red 1st; Purple =4th (5th on quotient), Blue 6th, Orange 8th, Green 10th
- U13s – Red 6th, Green 8th, Blue 9th, White 11th
- U12s – Blue 5th, Green 8th; Orange 16th; Gold 17th; Red 19th.
- U11s – Blue 2nd; Orange 6th; Gold 8th; Red 12th; Green 15th
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated.
Seniors (All Age)
Round 13 (Day 1) was washed out across all Grades. The highlights from last weekend are summarised:
- 63 by Ryan Gunn (B2) Vs Berowra @ Warrina Street
- 6/21 by Kyle Townsend (A2 Blue) Vs Hornsby @ Headen Park
- 3/17 by Dean Carlin (B1) Vs Castle Hill @ Dural Park.
- 77 – 1st wicket by Andrew Morris (45) and Zac Morris (31) Vs Hornsby @ Headen Park
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Match Reports of every game are on the Match Report section of the website.
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk.
After 12 Rounds, Team standings are:
- A1 – 5th
- Red (Andy) – 4th
- Blue (Gunny) – 3rd
- B1 – 6th
- B2 – 7th
- Red (Phill) = 1st
- Blue (Fieds) – 8th
- C2 – 6th
- C3 – 1st
- Red (Diggers) – 6th
- Blue (Rob) – 4th
- D2 – – 3rd