News – 2 February 2020
Dates for the calendar
- Junior Semi Finals – 8th March 2020
- Junior Grand Finals – 15th March
- Senior Semi Finals – 7th & 14th March
- Senior Grand Final – 21st & 22nd March.
Cricket NSW has issued the following update:
“Cricket NSW advises all clubs and associations to heed the advice of the NSW Health Department and NSW Government in relation to Coronavirus.
Anyone of school age who has visited China should not attend training, matches or any other events until 14 days have lapsed from their date of departure.
Likewise, any adults returning from mainland China and:
- Have been in Hubei Province
- Have been in close contact with a person with confirmed coronavirus, and
- Are unwell
Should not attend training, matches or any other events until 14 days have lapsed from their date of departure.
Other adults returning from China should consult their club or association as to whether teammates and opponents are comfortable playing with and against them during the 14-day incubation period.
Anyone who is unwell or unsure should seek medical advice.”
WPH Sports Club support
A big thank you to the Sports Club who has provided us with $2,500 to support Blowfly Cricket. This allows us to be able to provide the support that this wonderful initiative requires. Our relationship with the Sports Club goes back over 50 years and this just helps to build on this great relationship.
Women’s Social Cricket is here
Attention all mum’s of our Junior players, partners of Senior players and anyone else over 16 years who wants to play social cricket
Cricket NSW, in partnership with Northern District Cricket Club, are launching a new initiative in Term 1, 2020 to encourage more women to be active and to participate in cricket.
This program gives the opportunity to play the game they have likely watched hundreds of times and always wanted to give it a go, or even just take up the sport again after a bit of a break. The details are:
- When: Wednesday nights starting 12/2/20, ending 18/3/20
- Come and try night on 5/2/20
- 6 Week program
- Where: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Time: 7pm – 8:30pm. 8pm onwards up in the club house for BYO drinks and complimentary food for first 2 weeks. After that we will be encouraging people to bring their own food to share with everyone.
- Equipment/ Rules
- Soft Ball ‘Master Blaster’ style cricket – meaning no protective equipment needed (All bats and balls provided)
- Teams of 6-8 players
- Everyone bowls and bats
- Relaxed format is designed to allow everyone from beginners to experienced players to have fun
Registration is via here as an individual, small group (2-5 people) or as a full team (6+ players)
In the first week of February 2020, we will be running our bi-annual Club Survey across, Junior Blasters, Girls and Juniors. We run these Surveys every 2 years with Seniors being held last season. This is an anonymous Survey that is a catalyst for change.
Already it has resulted in a rewrite of our ‘Participation over Results’ for Juniors, our successful efforts to introduce Pathways cricket to the U8s with the introduction of Master Blasters, ramped up communication, and the move towards greater diversity across the Club. So…..this is important and please keep a lookout for it in early February.
Girl’s-only Master Blaster (7 to 10 years) – starts 31 January
The Spring Competition of the Girls-only Master Blaster, run at Thornleigh Oval on Friday nights, starts up again this coming Friday. This has been a fantastic success with 14 of our Girls combining with Girls from Normanhurst, Thornleigh and Castle Hill to play Twilight games.
We started up again on Friday – 31st January 2020 at Thornleigh Oval. This runs for 8 weeks and finishes on Friday 20th March 2020.
To play, all you need to do is to Register via our website Registration portal – here and register via the Girls-only section. The rest is easy.
The season started up again this weekend after the Christmas / New Year break and results from Day 1 follows:
WPHC (Annetts) Vs Bye
WPHC (Sthalekar) Vs Thornleigh – no play due to hot conditions.
- WPHC Sthalekar – 3rd (33 points)
- WPHC Annetts – 5th (19 points)
WPHC Healy Vs Bye
WPHC Perry Vs Thornleigh – no play due to hot conditions.
WPHC (Healy) – 1st (45 points)
WPHC (Perry) – 2nd (44 points)
Competition started up again started again on Saturday 1st February 2020. Highlights of the Round are:
- 99* by Andrew Murdoch (U15/16) Vs Berowra @ Greenway
- 72* by Rigved Sodal (U14 Green) Vs Berowra @ Warrina Street
- 57* by Hashene Dahanayake (U14 Red) Vs WPHC Purple @ Dural Park
- 4/3 – Sodhan Gowda (U13 Red) Vs Berowra @ Old Dairy
- 3/10 – Andre Guerin (U11 Blue) Vs Berowra @ Brooklyn
- 126 (2nd wicket) by Andrew Murdoch (99*) and Ryan Richards (36) Vs Berowra @ Greenway Park
After the latest Round (10), our Team standings are:
- U15 /U16s – Orange 3rd; Blue 5th; White 8th; Red 11th
- U14s – Red 2nd; Purple 3rd; Orange 7th ; Blue 8th ; Green 9th
- U13s – Green =7th (7th); Red =7th (8th); Blue; 10th; White 11th
- U12s – Blue =3rd (4th); Green 6th; Orange 15th; Gold 17th; Red 19th.
- U11s – Blue 2nd; Orange =6th (6th); Gold =8th (8th); Red 14th; Green 15th
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated.
Seniors (All Age)
Round 12 (1-Dayer) highlights:
- 63 by Ryan Gunn (B2) Vs Berowra @ Warrina Street
- 6/21 by Kyle Townsend (A2 Blue) Vs Hornsby @ Headen Park
- 3/17 by Dean Carlin (B1) Vs Castle Hill @ Dural Park.
- 77 – 1st wicket by Andrew Morris (45) and Zac Morris (31) Vs Hornsby @ Headen Park
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Match Reports of every game are on the Match Report section of the website.
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk.
After 11 Rounds, Team standings are:
- A1 – 5th
- Red (Andy) – 4th
- Blue (Gunny) – 3rd
- B1 – 6th
- B2 – 7th
- Red (Phill) = 1st
- Blue (Fieds) – 8th
- C2 – 6th
- C3 – 1st
- Red (Diggers) – 6th
- Blue (Rob) – 4th
- D2 – – 3rd