News – 8 December 2019
T20 Grand Finals
The Seniors T20 Grand Finals were played on Sunday (8 December). Results were:
WPHC A2 (Andy) 148 lost to Berowra A1 168.
WPHC (Rob) 5/73 lost to Glenorie 116 on run rate due to an injury to an opposition player.
BBL Blast Squad Invite
Our Master Blaster’s have been given a great opportunity to be part of the BBL – with 11 of our players invited to run on as part of the Sixers Blast Squad and get their hat signed by a Sixers or Hurricanes player. Our on-ground experience will be at the Sixers BBL match on 16th January 2020.
We also have an opportunity for our Girls Only Master Blasters and details will follow shortly.
Dates for the calendar
- T20 senior GF – 8th December 2019
- Christmas / New Year break:
- Juniors – 14th December. Start back 1st February
- Seniors – 21st December. Start back 11th January
- Junior Semi Finals – 8th March 2020
- Junior Grand Finals – 15th March
- Senior Semi Finals – 7th & 14th March
- Senior Grand Final – 21st & 22nd March
Girls-Only Holiday Fest
Our Coaches Association, in combination with CNSW, are again running the acclaimed Girls Only Holiday program. The day is as much about cricket as it is about music, dancing, crafts and just being around friends.
- When: Monday 13th January 2020
- Where: Normanhurst Oval
- Time: 9.00 am to 3.00 pm
- Ages: 7 to 12 years
- Cost: $35
All girls, aged 7 to 12, are welcome to come along. No playing experience is necessary, so if you have ever thought about giving cricket a go this is the perfect opportunity.
Just to the following link – here
It is that easy.
School Holiday Coaching Clinics
The renowned HK&HDCA Coaches’ Association has scheduled three more school holiday cricket clinics in January 2020. This program is recommended. It fills quickly so please get in fast.
Led by experienced coaches, Rod Hokin (Cricket Australia – Level 3 Accredited) will provide a fantastic experience for all the junior players. A few details:
- Who can attend – boys and girls aged from 6 – 14 years of standards from beginners to representative level players
- Where & When:
- Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Wednesday 8th & Thursday 9th January 2020
- Wednesday 22nd & Thursday 23rd January
- Normanhurst Oval:
- Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Thursday 16th & Friday 17th January 2020
- Time – 8.30 am to 2.00 pm
- Cost – $120 / Clinic or $170 for 2 clinics. Fees are at cost recovery as the Coaches Association is a not for profit organisation.
- Registration – please refer to the attachment. History tells us though to get in quickly as spaces do fill up.
See flyer – here
Girls-only Master Blaster
The Girls-only Master Blaster run at Thornleigh Oval on Friday nights has now gone into recess over Christmas / New Year. This has been a fantastic success with 14 of our Girls combining with Girls from Normanhurst, Thornleigh, Castle Hill to play Twilight games.
We start up again in late January / early February 2020 so keep a lookout on the website for details as they become available.
After 6 Rounds our Sthalekar Team is tracking at 3 wins & 3 losses. The Annetts Team has a 2/4 track record. Top performances so far are:
- Halle Newbury – 119 runs @ 59.5
- Charlotte Raeburn – 58 runs @ 29.0
- Sofia Culas71 runs @ 35.5
- Lilly Hayhurst – 55 runs @ 55.0
- Teyana La Brooy – 5 wickets @ 7.8
- Sofia Culas – 5 wickets @ 15.4
- Charlotte Raeburn – 3 wickets @ 26.3
- Halle Newbury – 2 wickets @ 27.0
WPHC (Annetts) Vs Castle Hill – scores not yet available
WPHC (Stalakher) Vs Bye
WPHC (Stalakher) – =4th (4th on 21 points)
WPHC (Annetts) – 5th (16 points)
WPHC Perry Vs Bye
WPHC Healy Vs Castle Hill Thunder – scores to come.
Top performances have been:
- Danielle Chivers – 87 runs @ 87.0
- Ellen Hall – 81 runs @ 81.0
- Elysa Oliveri – 7 wickets @ 11.43
- Ailya Colburt – 6 wickets @ 18.8
WPHC (Healy) – 1st (42 points)
WPHC (Perry) – 3rd (32 points)
After the current Round (7 December) highlights are:
- No Individual batting highlights this week
- Our best partnership was 101* by S Prasad (30) and A Aujla (46*) – U14 Blue Vs Mt Colah@ Headen Park.
- No Individual bowling highlights.
After the latest Round (8), our Team standings are:
- U15 & U16s – Orange =1st (1st on quotient); Blue 5th; Red =9th (9th); White =9th (10th)
- U14s – Red 2nd; Purple 3rd; Orange =6th (7th); Blue 8th ; Green 9th
- U13s – Green =6th; Red =6th (7th); Blue; 10th; White 11th
- U12s – Blue =3rd (4th); Green 6th ; Orange 16th; Red =18th (18th); Gold =18th (19th)
- U11s – Blue 2nd; Orange =6th (7th); Gold 8th; Red 12th; Green =13th (14th)
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated.
Seniors (All Age)
Round 7 (Day 2) highlights:
- 103* – Tanay Hira (B2) Vs Kissing Point @ Auluba is our 490th century
- 103* – Warren Schwartzel (C1 Red) was our 491st Century
- C1 8th wicket Club record 167* partnership between Warren Schwartzel (103*) and Alex Silinis (57*).
- How about our mighty top of the table C3 side with successive scores of: 336, 291 & 300
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Match Reports of every game are on the Match Report section of the website.
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk.
After 6 Rounds, Team standings follow:
- A1 – 5th
- Red (Andy) – =3rd (3rd)
- Blue (Gunny) – 1st
- B1 – 4th
- B2 – =5th (5th on quotient)
- Red (Phill) –= 1st (2nd)
- Blue (Fieds) – 7th
- C2 – =4th (4th)
- C3 – 1st
- Red (Diggers) – 5th
- Blue (Rob) – 8th
- D2 – – =1st (1st)