News – 27 October 2019
While talk about Constitutions can make the eyes glaze, this one is important. For the first time since the 17th September 1983, we are about to change our Constitution – in part to embrace new legal requirements and also because so much has changed.
All members who are financial and over 18 years of age may contribute and vote on what will be the governing model for the way we operate for many years to come. For this reason there is a Special General Meeting to discuss and vote on the proposed constitution. Details of the meeting are:
- When – Wednesday 20th November
- Where – WPH Sports Club
- Time – 7.30 pm
Please understand that the only business allowed at that meeting will be a motion to adopt the new constitution as submitted.
A copy of the Constitution will be sent shortly and if anyone wants a copy then please send an email to Ross Anderson at here and a copy will be sent to you.
Given the importance of this meeting you are most welcome and in fact, encouraged, to come along and be part of the decision making process on the way we operate.
Northern District Festival of Cricket
Keep Sunday 10th November free as the Northern District Grade Club is having their 1st Grade T20 double header games at Mark Taylor Oval. This is where the big boys play with many BBL players on show with lots of sixers and action. Apart from having the best cricketers in Sydney on show Mark Taylor and Nathan Lyon, both ND’s players, will be around for most of the game. More info will follow.
Our 2nd season of Blowfly Cricket started on Friday (25th October). We are thrilled to be able to offer this wonderful initiative again.
Blowfly Cricket gives young people with autism, special needs &/or disabilities the chance to play organised sport. It also gives families the chance to be involved and enjoy seeing their children having fun and just enjoying life. The following link provides a great insight into Blowfly Cricket – here
If there anyone in your family, or if you know someone who would like to play Blowfly, games are played as follows:
- When – every Friday starting 18th October
- Where –James Henty Oval
- Time – 6.00 pm until around 7.30 pm
How do you register?
Just contact Bill Peterkin on here or 0488 110 942
Photo of the Month
Our Photo of the Month is on again this season. Our good supporters, Bistro WPH, have sponsored us with a gift voucher to the value of $50 for the best photo of the month. Bistro WPH run the Bistro at the Sports Club and make the best pizza’s in the District plus lots of other eating options. Check out their website on here
Photos are always welcome from across our Sections – Junior Blasters, Junior Boys & Girls plus Seniors.
They can be traditional photos of players batting and bowling, team shots, family and friends who are spectators – anything. In the past, the some of the best photos have been fun shots of people having fun.
How do I participate?
Just take a photo of anything cricket related and send it to Ross Anderson – here . The photo will be put on the website and our Club Chairman will make a decision on the best photo. The winner will get a $50 dinner voucher – it is that easy.
Girls Only Master Blasters (7 to 10 years of age) – started on Friday 18th October at Thornleigh Oval and new starters are always welcome.
We have a really good turnout with 14 Girls already registered from West Penno plus Girls from Thornleigh, Castle Hill, Kenthurst, Galston-Glenorie, Normanhurst, Pennant Hills and Beecroft.
We take registrations throughout the season so it is never too late to give it a go.
How do I register?
Register via our website Registration page or contact Suzanna or Grant Colburt at here or by phone: Grant: 0413 594 077 / Suzanna: 0413 594 082.
Junior Blasters (aged 5 to 7 years)
We now have 17 Girls playing and Registrations are open throughout the season.
Girls aged 8 to 16
Round 3 started this weekend with the following games – match highlights will be updated shortly:
WPHC (Annetts) Vs Thornleigh – results not yet to hand
WPHC (Stalakher) 5/73 defeated Normanhurst-Warrawee 7/72
WPHC (Perry) 4/76 lost to Castle Hill Thunder 7/112
WPHC (Healy) 2/97 defeated Thornleigh 96
After Day 2 of Round 3 details are:
- No significant achievements this week.
- 3/4 – Ritish Manocha (U15/U16 Blue) Vs WPHC Red.
After the Round, our latest Team standings are:
- U15 & U16s – Blue =1st )1st on quotient); Orange =4th (5th); White =6th (6th); Red =8th (8th)
- U14s – Orange =1st (2nd ); Red =1st (3rd); Green =8th (11th); Purple 12th, Blue 13th
- U13s – Green 5th; White 6th; Red =8th (9th); Blue 10th
- U12s – 1st (1st); Green =7th (8th); Orange 13th; Gold 16th; Red 20th
- U11s – Blue =2nd (3rd); Gold =5th (6th); red =5th (7th); Orange =8th; Green -14th
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated
Seniors (All Age)
Round 4 (Day 2) highlights:
- Ayush Tamhankay (157) and Nathan Vishaal (47) put on a Club D2 record partnership of 210 Vs St Ives @ Foxglove
- Andrew Morris (A2 Blue) scored 100 our 487th ton
- Jack Hutchinson (D1 Red) scored 93 and just missed out on becoming our youngest century scorer in Seniors.
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Match Reports of every game are on the Match Report section of the website.
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk.
After 4 Rounds, Team standings follow:
- A1 – 7th
- Red (Andy) – 3rd
- Blue (Gunny) – =1st (1st of quotient)
- B1 – 1st
- B2 – =4th (5th on quotient)
- Red (Phill) –3rd
- Blue (Fieds) – =4th (6th on quotient)
- C2 – =4th (4th on quotient)
- C3 – 1st
- Red (Diggers) – 7th
- Blue (Rob) – 8th
- D2 – 2nd
Sydney Sixers membership
Included in the Registration form is an option to become Sydney Sixers Members. This is your choice to accept or decline to opportunity. It is though worth noting the benefits of Membership:
- Discounts of $5 for single membership and $15 for families
- Club priority for donation requests (Please note we are expecting an increase in Club Partners this season, so we highly recommend registering if you think that you may need any donations to ensure that you don’t miss out)
- W/BBL team signed bat.
- Entry to 3 matches (including Sydney Smash).
- Blast Squad on-field opportunity during home games.
So if you would like to signup it is as easy as doing so when you register.