News – 20 October 2019
Cricket NSW Opportunity
CNSW is running two Gala Days at Cherrybrook PS on the 25th and 27th November on the School Grounds. There is a great opportunity for anyone from Year 10, 11 and 12 to come along and umpire a field for a day.
It is an opportunity to use this as an opportunity for formal work experience. It would be unpaid work but a good chance for them to network with Cricket NSW and get some coaching experience. Participants would need them to be available from 8:45am to 2:30pm and they would need to umpire 4 games.
Northern District Festival of Cricket
Keep Sunday 10th November free as the Northern District Grade Club is having their 1st Grade T20 double header games at Mark Taylor Oval. This is where the big boys play with many BBL players on show with lots of sixers and action. Apart from having the best cricketers in Sydney on show Mark Taylor and Nathan Lyon, both ND’s players, will be around for most of the game. More info will follow.
Our 2nd season of Blowfly Cricket kicks off next Friday (25th October). We are thrilled to be able to offer this wonderful initiative again.
Blowfly Cricket gives young people with autism, special needs &/or disabilities the chance to play organised sport. It also gives families the chance to be involved and enjoy seeing their children having fun and just enjoying life. The following link provides a great insight into Blowfly Cricket – here
If there anyone in your family, or if you know someone who would like to play Blowfly, games are played as follows:
- When – every Friday starting 18th October
- Where –James Henty Oval
- Time – 6.00 pm until around 7.30 pm
How do you register?
Just contact Bill Peterkin on here or 0488 110 942
Photo of the Month
Our Photo of the Month is on again this season. Our good supporters, Bistro WPH, have sponsored us with a gift voucher to the value of $50 for the best photo of the month. Bistro WPH run the Bistro at the Sports Club and make the best pizza’s in the District plus lots of other eating options. Check out their website on here
Photos are always welcome from across our Sections – Junior Blasters, Junior Boys & Girls plus Seniors.
They can be traditional photos of players batting and bowling, team shots, family and friends who are spectators – anything. In the past, the some of the best photos have been fun shots of people having fun.
How do I participate?
Just take a photo of anything cricket related and send it to Ross Anderson – here . The photo will be put on the website and our Club Chairman will make a decision on the best photo. The winner will get a $50 dinner voucher – it is that easy.
Girls Only Master Blasters (7 to 10 years of age) – started last Friday 18th October at Thornleigh Oval. It is never too late to register.
We have a really good turnout with 13 Girls already registered from West Penno plus Girls from Thornleigh, Castle Hill, Kenthurst, Galston-Glenorie, Normanhurst, Pennant Hills and Beecroft.
We take registrations throughout the season so it is never too late to give it a go.
So if you have a daughter, sister, grand-daughter or have a neighbour who hits a ball around at a Park or in the backyard then please let them know about this great initiative.
Some brief details:
- When does this start – Friday 18th October and ends 29th November (8 weeks)
- Where are the games played – Thornleigh Oval
- What time – 6.00 pm to 7.30 pm
- What is the cost – $100
- What do the Girls wear – we will have special coloured shirts for the girls plus they get a Big Bash League hat of their preference.
How do I register?
Register via our website Registration page or contact Suzanna or Grant Colburt at here or by phone: Grant: 0413 594 077 / Suzanna: 0413 594 082.
Junior Blasters (aged 5 to 7 years)
Wet weather has pushed back our start date by 1 week to next Saturday (19th October). Registrations are open throughout the season but it is wise to register soon so that friends can play together in the same team.
Girls aged 8 to 16
Round 1 started this weekend with the following games – match highlights will be updated shortly:
WPHC (Annetts) 4/94 lost to Normanhurst-Warrawee 5/163
WPHC (Stalakher) 1/67 defeated Castle Hill RSL 61
WPHC (Perry) 1/115 defeated Thornleigh 6/108
WPHC (Healy) 1/128 defeated Castle Hill RSL (Lightning) 21
After Day 1 of Round 4 details are:
- No significant achievements this week.
- 3/4 – Ritish Manocha (U15/U16 Blue) Vs WPHC Red.
After the Round, our Team standings are:
- U15 & U16s – Orange =1st (1st on quotient); White =3rd (3rd); Blue =3rd (4th); Red =7th (8th )
- U14s – Orange =1st (3rd ); Red =1st (5th ); Green =8th (12th), Purple 12th, Blue 13th.
- U13s – Green =2nd (3rd); White =6th (7th); Blue =10th (10th); Red =10th (11th)
- U12s – Blue =3rd (3rd); Green 11th, Gold 12th, Orange 13th, Red 20th
- U11s – =1st Red (2nd), Blue; 6th; ., Orange =7th (9th), Gold =11th (12), Green =13th (15)
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated
Seniors (All Age)
Round $ (Day 1) highlights:
- D2 dominated their game with an opening partnership of 178* to already cruise past their Opposition
- Included in this score was a ton by Ayush Tamhankar who scored 115* – our 486th ton
- Rohit Ninan (B1) batted the day out to finish with 109* – our 485th century
- B1 finished the day with 7/271 – the 2nd highest Team score in the Association.
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Match Reports of every game are on the Match Report section of the website.
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk.
After 3 Rounds, Team standings are:
- A1 – 7th
- Red (Andy) – =1st
- Blue (Gunny) – =2nd
- B1 – =1st (4th on quotuient)
- B2 – =3rd (6th on quotient)
- Red (Phill) – =1st (2nd on quotient)
- Blue (Fieds) – =4th (5th on quotient)
- C2 – =4th (4th on quotient)
- C3 – =3rd (3rd on quotient)
- Red (Diggers) – =6th (8th on quotient)
- Blue (Rob) – =6th (7th on quotient)
- D2 – =3rd (5th on quotient)
Sydney Sixers membership
Included in the Registration form is an option to become Sydney Sixers Members. This is your choice to accept or decline to opportunity. It is though worth noting the benefits of Membership:
- Discounts of $5 for single membership and $15 for families
- Club priority for donation requests (Please note we are expecting an increase in Club Partners this season, so we highly recommend registering if you think that you may need any donations to ensure that you don’t miss out)
- W/BBL team signed bat.
- Entry to 3 matches (including Sydney Smash).
- Blast Squad on-field opportunity during home games.
So if you would like to signup it is as easy as doing so when you register.
One to look out for is a Special General Meeting to consider a new Constitution to replace the Model Form we have had since the early 1980s.
Since our Cub became an incorporated body all those years ago, we adopted the Model Constitution under the Act which with our growth/development since has now become somewhat irrelevant to our needs.
A revised, updated document has now been prepared and has been approved by the Executive Committee. For this to be adopted, the law requires it to be presented and approved at a special general meeting of members for which they have been given 21 day’s notice.
All members, who attend the meeting, may vote provided they are financial and over 18 years of age. The formal notice, showing venue, time, date and attaching the new constitution document, will be sent to you in the coming weeks.
Please understand that the only business allowed at that meeting will be a motion to adopt the new constitution as submitted.
More information will follow on this so stay tuned.