News – 10 December to 16 December
Our Banner Photos
The 3 photo’s on the Homesite Banner are:
- Photo 1 – U16 Blue and U16 Gold Teams – Greenway Park, 2nd December 2017
- Photo 2 – U16 Blue and Gold mum’s in the ‘Ladies Pavilion’ at Greenway Park, 2 December 2017
- Photo 3 – Michael, Jenny and Josh Banner at Berowra Oval for the 2nd Grade T20 Grand Final, 22 October 2017
Kingsgrove Sports Christmas discount
Our long-term supporters, Kingsgrove Sports, North Parramatta are offering a 10% discount off all gear next Thursday (21 December) exclusively for people from our Club.
If anyone has any last minute Christmas gift needs then just pop on down to Kingsgrove, confirm that you are from West Penno, and our people will get 10% off the price for everything except cricket balls.
Kingsgrove Sports have been strong supporters of ours for almost 40 years and have the largest range of cricket gear in Sydney and at prices that are highly competitive.
Pink Stumps Day
One for the diaries. Our Annual Pink Stumps Day, run by our U9s, is fast approaching:
- When: Saturday 10 March 2018
- Time: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Where: Edward Bennett Oval (to be confirmed)
The day is a Fund-raiser double-header played between our U9s. Activities are:
- Four games of 10 : 10 overs each (can reduce to 8 overs each if necessary) – Teams will play against each other and the kids are expected to be in their cricket whites;
- Pink caps, sausage sizzle and a can of soft drink to be sold to each member of the team at $12.50 each
- Sale of cup cakes, brownies etc to be sold at $2.00 per piece;
- Pink collection boxes to be placed for donations on the day.
More details are to follow.
Grand Finals – Spring Season
Congratulations to our Grand Finalists:
The U15s played off for 5th / 6th position in their Comp.
Summer Competition Registrations
The Spring season is now over. The Summer Season for the T20 Blast and Sixers Competitions starts-up again at the end of January and runs until mid-March.
Full details of how to Register will be provided early in the New Year so continue to watch the website for details.
WPHC 4/63 drew with Parramatta – match Report to follow but wet weather caused a draw in this game. With Parramatta finishing higher in the Comp we came Runner-up for the Spring Comp.
U15 Spring Comp
WPHC 2/106 drew with Mercy Catholic College – another rain affected Final and with Mercy taking out the Minor Premiership the Girls finished as Runner-up. This was a disappointing outcome to a match that we had pretty much in control of.
U17 Spring Comp
WPHC Vs Castle Hill Thunder 3/95 – a shame the game was washed out as we had a real show after dismissing the powerful top order of Castle Hill.
School Holidays Coaching Clinics
Registrations are now open for the Association Coaches’ Association / Northern District CC’s Junior cricket coaching clinics for boys & girls aged 6 – 15 during the Christmas school holidays.
The Coaches’ Association is a not-for-profit organisation and has scheduled 4 junior clinics between 8 – 18 January 2018.
The venues are: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara and George Thornton Reserve, WPH (2 clinics at each location).
These popular school holiday clinics have been in operation since 2010 and have a proven track-record in developing the skills of players of all standards, ranging from beginners and club players to experienced representative cricketers. The online registration process is easy – see the attached flyer, which can also be accessed via this link – here
We thoroughly recommend these Clinics and it would be great to see good support from our Club – especially at George Thornton Reserve in our own backyard.
“Bistro WPH” Photo of the Month – November photo
Our Photo of the Month for November will be decided this week. The winner will get a $50 dinner voucher at the fabulous Bistro WPH – here
Photos are always welcome. To enter it is simple:
- Just take a photo of anything to do with our Club – Kanga, Girls, Boys and Seniors
- The photo can be of our players batting, bowling or fielding
- Also, we are keen to get any ‘quirky’ photos that are a bit of fun.
Just take a photo and send it to Ross Anderson (here ) with some brief commentary and it is that easy.
A special mention to the achievement of Naden Cooray (U12 Red & Association Reps).
Naden plays in the Association U11 Creak Shield that competes in the NSW DCA Representative Competition.
Naden finished the Representative season with 260 runs @ 65.0 with a top score of 93*. This is the highest number of runs by any player in the Creak Shield and the highest run scorer by any player from our Association.
Sid plays for our U14 Whites and U12 Arch Cawsey Association Rep side.
Sid finished the Rep season at number 2 in the Association top run scoring list with 230 runs @ 36.0
Well done fellas.
Our Juniors played Day 1 of Round 7 on Saturday. Highlights from Day 1 are:
Our top batting performances were:
- Shaan Bakshi 76* – U14 White Vs Hornsby
- Kai Carney (4/4) 0 U12 Purple Vs Hornsby
After 6 Rounds the standings are below:
- U16s – 1st (Blue), 3rd (White), = 4th (Gold)
- U15s – 4th (Blue), =7th (White)
- U14s – 3rd (White), 5th (Blue)
- U13s – 6th (Orange 6th), 7th (Red), 15th (White)
- U12s – 4th (Purple), 6th (Red), 7th (Blue), 15th (Green), 16th (Orange)
- U11s – 1st (White), 2nd (Green), 3rd (Orange), 4th (Gold), 8th (Red), 11th (Blue)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Our Skills training sessions continue on throughout the season.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 11 December – U10s
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Round 7, highlights
Best performances from the Round 7, 1-Dayer came from:
- Nick Bennett brought up his 3,000th run that moves him into our top 40 run scorers of all time
- A big congratulations to Steve Quanborough (A1, A2, B1, B2, c1, C2, C3, C4, D1 and D2), who after playing B2 on the weekend, is now the only player in our history to play in every Grade. More on this in the Anecdotes.
- Congratulations to our two players who scored tons this weekend:
- Zac Turner (B2 Blue) – 113* Vs Lankan Islanders – our 471st ton
- Nick Bennett (A2 Red) – 137* Vs Galson Glenorie – our 472nd ton
- Zac (113*) and Oliver Maybury (90) also put on 157 for the 2nd wicket in B2
- Rommel Pandey (C3) scored 3 runs off an over with a scoring sequence of 6,6,6,6,.,6 – a C3 Grade record number of runs off an over.
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.
Champion player points standings as at the end of Round 6 are:
- Dylan Bish (D1) – 103.0
- Andrew Morris (B2) – 88.6
- Brent Larkham (B2) – 84.4
- Ben Kinchington (D2) – 65.3
- John Rose (D2) – 60.2
- Indranil Mukherjee (C3) – 57.3
- Ray Khamis (B2) – 51.4
- Richard Hughes (B2) – 45.8
- Tanay Hira (C2) – 45.7
- Rob Knapman (B2) – 45.1