News – 12 November to 19 November
$100 State Government Rebate
The NSW Government recently announced the ‘Active Kids’ voucher. The ‘Active Kids’ program, via the Office of Sport and Service NSW, will allow eligible recipients to receive a $100 voucher per calendar year that can be redeemed towards the payment of membership or participation fee with sports and activity providers including cricket.
CNSW has advised that the NSW Govt will periodically be releasing more information about the Program between now and 31 January 2018 and that they will share the info with Clubs and Associations as more information is received.
Hornsby Shire Council news
Hornsby Council has written to us and requested that:
“In light of a recent event in Greenacre this week Council would like to place a friendly reminder to our sporting community in regards to how carparks & access routes are used.
Pedestrian safety is paramount and must be considered the highest of priorities at all times.
In the last 3 days a number of gates & chains have been left unlocked during & after training/games which places a major risk to pedestrians as vehicles then have direct access onto sporting fields.
Under no circumstances are vehicles to be driven onto any Council sporting field, these access routes onto sporting fields are for council & emergency vehicles only. “
WPHCCC Cricket Academy – positions are filling up fast
We are excited to be launching our own Cricket Academy starting in late November. It will run for 10 weeks. No other Club offers anything like this and it will be available exclusively to West Penno players.
Who is the Academy intended for?
- All WPHCCC registered players – Boys, Girls of all ages plus Senior players
- Players of all abilities from those new to the game to elite Representative players – the program is adapted to individual skills
- An Individual coaching option is also be available for those players who want to have intensive personal 1 on 1 coaching.
What happens at the Academy
- The Academy will be run over 10 weeks with a Coach / Player ratio of around 1:6
- Academy Registrations will be capped to ensure that every person gets personal focus
- Sessions will be both Outdoor and occasional Indoor sessions depending on weather conditions and availability
- Session numbers will be capped as follows:
- U12 – U13: 18 players
- U14 – U16: 18 players
- 16 years+ / Seniors: 12 players
- Girls: 12 players
- Specialist expert Coaches /strength and conditioning experts will be engaged to ensure an elite experience for all Academy players
- A1 Grade and high level Grade cricketers will provide specialist coaching on a needs basis.
When is the Academy held?
- Day: 29 November
- Ground: most likely Cherrybrook Public School
- U12 – U3 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- U14 – U15 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm
- 16 years+ / Seniors : 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm
$200 for a 10-week Program. This cost is ridiculously low and is well below any comparable Cricket Academy Program available – anywhere.
We can do it at this low price as we operate on a not-for-profit basis and our Club subsidises any cost shortfall so that our players can get the best coaching available at very low cost.
The Academy is proving very popular and sessions are filling up fast and will be capped at the numbers above to get the best quality outcome. Late registrations will be added to a waiting list so don’t delay.
How do I register?
Please contact the person for more information and details on next steps:
- Girls – Graham Chivers on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0415 891 004
- Junior Boys – Rob Hanich, email@example.com or 0414 551 546
- Seniors – Ross Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0422 841 169
To help with planning we need please to have Registrations completed by Wednesday 15 November.
Round 4 results
Round 4 was played on the weekend. We will update the scores and provide a brief Match Report by Monday. We are playing the following games:
WPHC 5/45 lost to Parramatta 4/90 – match report to follow.
U15 Spring Comp
WPHC 3/86 lost to Epping 3/98 – we won the toss and sent Epping into bat. There was some good bowling earlier on in the game, with or without any rewards, then towards the middle of the innings we were able to get 3 wickets.
Good bowling from Amy, Izzy with the hat on? And a great run out throw from Esha. We went into bat chasing 98 runs, there was a solid start from Nicole who finished her innings not out, and Jess P.
Down the order with also good batting from Andrea who incidentally called NO to a ball that went for 4. WELL DONE ANDREA! Esha also did well with the bat, hitting some nice boundaries. Overall a good performance for the team, just falling short of the target by 13 runs
U17 Spring Comp
WPHC 0/102 defeated PLC 7/72 – in stark contrast to the cold wet weather last week, this week’s match between WPHCC Vs Pymble Ladies College was played under clear skies at Darnley Oval. After being put into bat, PLC scored 72 runs after 18 overs were bowled in the allotted time. WPHCC comfortably achieved this, for no loss of wickets, after strong batting performances by the top 4 batgirls.
Registrations remain open all season but to play in the same Team as your friends please don’t delay registering. Once registered, you are guaranteed a game and in the Team of your choice.
Our Juniors played Day 1 of Round 5 on Saturday. Highlights from Day 1 are:
- Oscar Keys (75*) – U14 Blue Vs Hornsby
- Cameron Tunks (75*) – U14 Blue Vs Hornsby – part of a 171 opening partnership
- Luc White (74) – U15 Blue Vs Hornsby
- Aditya Arora (68*) – U12 Green Vs WPHC Orange
- Louis Malandrino (50*) – U12 Purple Vs WPHC Green.
- Dylan Bish (5/9) – U16 Blue Vs Kenthurst (off 9.5 overs)
After 4 Rounds the standings are below:
- U16s – 2nd (Blue), 3rd (White), 5th (Gold)
- U15s – 5th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14s – 4th (Blue), 5th (White)
- U13s – 4th (Red), 9th (Orange), 13th (White)
- U12s – 3rd (Purple), 5th (Blue), 6th (Red), 10th (Orange), 18th (Green)
- U11s – 1st (Gold), 2nd (Green), 3rd (White), 4th (Orange), 7th (Blue), 11th (Red).
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Our Skills training sessions continue on throughout the season.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 13 November – U13s, U12 Blue, Green & Orange
- 20 November – U12 Purple, Red & Girls
- 27 November – U11 Blue, Green & Orange
- 4 December – U11 Gold, Red & White
- 11 December – U10s
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
The Association has surprisingly decided not to make any changes to the Draw and only tinkered with some minor changes. As strange as this is to understand w now move on and give it our best shot in all Grades.
Day 1 Highlights
Some great performances this weekend:
- James Makin (A1) scored his 5,000th career run to be only one of 7 players in this prestigious Club
- Nathaniel Chidgey (B1) scored his 1,000th run
- Dylan Bish (D1) scored his first ton and a big one – 149 Vs Berowra @ Caterson 6. To make this day even more special Dylan took 5/9 bowling for the U16s in the morning, off 9.5 overs!
- Scott Henderson (66) and Tim Scoular (60) both scored their 1st 50s. The boys also set a new Club A1 Grade record 8th wicket partnership of 129 runs.
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.