News – 17 December 2016
Main News items
- On behalf of our Club Executive we wish all of our players, family and friends a great Christmas / Holiday and New Year break and see everyone again in 2017
- Kingsgrove Sports Westside is offering a 10% discount on all cricket gear on 22 December – details below.
- The acclaimed HK&HDCA Coaches Association is now taking registrations for the very popular School Holidays clinics – details are below.
- Cricket Australia are now promoting Girls cricket. The advertisement is being shown during all the WBBL and some BBL matches on Ten. Click on to see the add and our Girls in the Advert – here :
- Congratulations to Andrew ‘Voice’ Driscoll (B1) who took his 300th wicket on the weekend – ranking him number 11 in our all time wicket-takers.
- The annual Association Golf Day (4-Ball Ambrose) is on again – 17 February at Kooindah Waters Resort at Wyong – details are below
- Our Girls Spring season Competition is now finished for the holidays. More info on the Summer season starting in January 2017 will follow shortly.
Welcome to our new website. Things to lookout for:
- This is now a one-stop shop where there are links to the Association website that are now only one click away
- The Photo Gallery has over 2,000 photos and you can now search photos by year, Division and Team
- The Player Profile page (under News > Player Profiles > Submit Player profiles) is open to everyone at U14 and older. A photo is needed with each profile
- To get back to Home just click on to the Club Waratah.
If anyone has a working knowledge of WordPress and an interest in website development it would be great to have you involved to initially tinker with the site and going forward to be involved with ongoing developments.
A final word
In November 1998, we launched our first website (www.jamark.com.au/wphccc ). In 2002, Peter W Lees then redeveloped and maintained our most recent site (www.wphccc.org ). It is estimated that this site has had over 280,000 hits during this time. A huge thanks to Peter who spent many hundreds of volunteer hours developing and maintaining the site. A special mention also to Andrew Fiedler who has also put in many hours and late nights in working with the developers on our new site – thank you Peter and Andrew.
Kingsgrove Sports Westside Special offer for West Penno folk
Sports Westside, our long-term supporters, are offering special 10% discount off cricket gear to ALL WPHCCC players for 1 DAY ONLY, Thursday, 22 of DECEMBER (note their opening hours are 9am-7:30pm). All you need to do is take a print along a print of this Website notification and you to receive the discount.
Association Golf Day – 17 February 2017
It’s on again this year – the Annual Association Golf Day at Kooindah Waters Resort and Spa – just outside Wyong – 50 minutes up the M1. The Golf Day is on 17 February 2017.
This is a 4-Ball Ambrose – just $68 / player. Tee-off time is between 8.15 am and 9.00 am. This is open to Individuals and Teams (3 or 4 players).
If you are interested in giving it a go then contact Geoff Hasler on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0412 871 816.
Association School Holiday Clinics
Registrations are now open for the Association Coaches’ Association cricket coaching clinics for boys & girls aged 6 – 15.
These clinics are run by Association Life Member Bruce Wood and are highly recommended. The Coaches’ Association is a not-for-profit organisation and has scheduled 4 junior clinics between 9 and 19 January 2017. Numbers are capped to keep the Coach / Participant ratio low so registrations close once the cap is reached.
The children get quality coaching in a fun environment and it also gets the kids out of the house and running around – the perfect combination.
The venues are: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara (2 clinics); George Thornton Reserve, WPH; and Curtis Oval, Dundas Park.
The online registration process is easy and can be accessed via – bit.ly/Jan-17-clinics-flyer .
Cricket Australia are now promoting Girls. The advertisement is being shown during all the WBBL and some BBL matches on Ten. Good to see some of our girls and the Club shirts appear here :
Amy Hale (U17s), Maeve McAllister (U13s) and Khushi Arora (U17s) feature.
T20 Blast (Girls aged 8 to 12 years)
The Spring season finished the spring season on Friday 3 December 2016 at James Henty Oval.
The Summer season will start in late January / early Feb and go through until the end of March. More info will follow on this one.
Saturday afternoon (Girls aged 10 to 16 years)
U13 Spring Season (North)
WPHC Green finished the season in 4th spot. Our top performing players for the Spring Season were:
- Batting – Aliysa Colbert – 42 runs @ 8.40
- Bowling – Maeve McAlister – 4 wickets @ 4.50.
Looking forward to seeing the Girls back-up in 2017 for the Summer season.
U17’s – North (Division 1)
The Spring Season finished last weekend and will start up again in 2017 – details to follow.
WPHC Blue came 4th place, winning 3 and losing 4 games. Our top performing players for the season were:
- Batting – Anushka Dongre – 114 runs @ 57.00
- Bowling – Abigail Pereira – 6 wickets @ 10.33
Well done on a fabulous season Girls.
U17’s – Upper North (Division 2)
WPHC White – best performed for us this season were:
- Batting – Lauren Kua – 139 runs @ 46.33
- Bowling – Lauren Kua – 4 wickets @ 19.75.
We start up again in late January / early February for the Summer Competition – more details will follow so keep a watch on the website for details.
WPHC Red – best for us during the Spring Season were:
Our best players were:
- Batting – Jess Phillips – 109 runs @ 15.57
- Bowling – Ragini Sen – 8 wickets @ 10.63.
After 8 Rounds our Teams are coming:
- U16’s 4th (Blue), Red (7th)
- U15’s 4th (Gold), 7th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14’s 5th (Blue), 8th (Gold), 11th (White)
- U13’s 2nd (White), 5th (Blue), 8th (Red)
- U12’s 5th (Green), 7th Orange), 8th (Red), 11th (White), 16th (Blue)
- U11’s 4th (Orange), 5th (Purple), 9th (Blue), 10th (Green), 21st (Gold)
- U8s, U9s, U10’s – no competition tables
Round highlights from Round 8 (1-dayer) were:
- 63 – Owen Cunningham (U15 Gold) Vs WPHC White
- 57* – Oliver Linschoten (U15 Gold) Vs U15 White
- 50* – Cameron Tunks (U12 Green) Vs Kenthurst Upper Hills
Owen and Oliver (U15s) also put on 98 for the 5th wicket – well done fellas.
Cameron’s efforts for the U12s has been outstanding so far this season. In 7 innings he has scored 389 runs (5 not outs) to average 194.5. Cameron has also taken 7 wickets @ 8.43! Batting restrictions make records difficult to achieve but the Club record aggregate in a season for the U12’s is 421 by Andrew Clarke @ in 1991/92 @ 105.25.
We now go into recess and start up again on Saturday 28 January 2017.