News – 17 February 2019
With Finals coming up the Association has asked for anyone interested in Umpiring the Senior and Junior Finals. The Association has advised:
Umpires for Senior and Junior Semi-Finals
Expressions of interest are called for players with captain ticket’s or umpire qualifications who want to help in officiating in our junior and senior semi-finals.
Semi-Finals: Sunday 10th March
Grand Finals: Sunday 17th March
Under 11s: 10am to 4:00pm
Under 12s to 16s: 10am to 5.10pm
Semi-Finals: Saturday 9th and 16th March
A to A Reserve: 11am to 6pm
B to D Reserve: 1pm to 6pm
Grand Finals: Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th March
A to B Reserve: 11am to 6pm
C to D Reserve: 12pm to 6pm
If interested, contact the Umpire’s secretary Simon Moore at here ph 0413 611 294
For details on payments, refer to: here
We have a number of Functions coming up:
Club Social function
Our Club Social function is on next weekend:
- When: 23rd February
- Where: WPH Sports Club
- Function: Trivia, Pizza and lots of fun
- Start time: from 6.30 / 7.00 pm with Trivia starting at 7.30 pm.
The cost is just $100 per team which will cover the cost of the Trivia person plus cover the cost for the first $500 worth of pizza’s.
Junior Blasters (Kanga)
The Presentation Day will be run on the last day of cricket with a game and Presentation – the same approach as in previous seasons. Details are:
- When: Saturday 2nd March
- Where: Edward Bennett Oval
- Time: Starting at around 9.15 am
Details will be confirmed after the Juniors Committee Meeting on 19 February, 2019. Likely details are:
- When: Saturday 24th March (one week after the Grand Final)
- Where: Oakhill Drive Public School
- Time: starting time 9.00 am
Details to be confirmed but so far:
- When: Saturday 16th March
- Where: James Henty Oval
- Time: Starting at 9.30 am
Seniors Presentation Night
One for the diary. We have now booked our ‘Night of Nights’. More details will follow but for the diary:
- When: Friday 26th April 2019
- Where: Castle Hill RSL – Sovereign Room
- Time: 7.30 pm
More details to follow.
Pink Stumps Day
Pink Stumps Day, run by our U9’s is going to be run on Saturday 9th March 2019. The ground is to be advised.
The format involves our 6 Teams playing-off against each other in a series of double headers with a party atmosphere.
Keep a lookout for information that will be coming out on Pink Stumps Day. To start off we have a fundraising page – here
Stay tuned but in the meantime, if anyone has anything to donate towards our Auction and the Raffle they are most welcome. Things like Sporting Memorabilia, Gift Cards, Sporting Goods and etc. More to follow.
A1 Grade Captains meeting
The Senior Competition Committee is running a good initiative on Tuesday 19th February 2019 with A1 Captains for a ‘fire-side’ chat about issues and improvements to the A1 competition.
Remaining Competition dates are:
- 16th February to 23rd February (Round 9 – 2-Dayer)
- 2nd March (Round 10 – 1-Dayer)
- 10th March (Semi Finals – all day games played on Sunday)
- 17th March (Finals – all days games played on Sunday)
- Jehan Polwaththe (U14 Orange) Vs Oakhill College
- 3/16 – Oscar Keys (U16 White) Vs Hornsby White
Team standings after Round 9 – this will be updated early in the week once all Association Teams update results from the weekend:
U16s – Blue 3rd, White 4th
U15s – 4th
U14s – Red 2nd, Orange = 3rd (4th on quotient), White =8th (8th on quotient)
U13s – Red 1st, Purple 3rd, Green =8th (9th on quotient), Blue 9th, Orange 10th
U12s – Orange 1st, Gold 7th, Green 9th, Red 13th, Blue 14th
U11s – Blue 6th, Green 7th, Red 11th,, Gold 17th
U10s – non competition
U9s – non competition
U8s – non competition
Our Girls Division is doing great things in developing the cricket pathway for Girls – take a bow Mr Chivers. Northern District CC has entered a Team in the new U15 Brewer Shield which is the Representative stream for Girls in the Sydney Grade Competition. We now have a record 10 Girls playing in the U15 Brewer or U18 Brewer this week plus two more on standby so 12 in all. How good is that!
Our Team entries are:
- 1 x U13
- 2 x U15s
If you are interested in playing, have a family member or know someone interested in playing then you are most welcome. Please direct any questions on Girls Cricket to Graham Chivers or firstname.lastname@example.org or 0415 891 004.
WPHC 1/100 lost to Vs Thornleigh 1/101 – results will be updated once they are available.
WPHC Reds 2/91 defeated Castle Hill 7/90 – details to follow shortly.
WPHC Blue 2/106 defeated Thornleigh 54 – details to follow.
Round highlights – Round 13, Day 2
- Pratah Sinnetamby (C2 Blue):
- 3,000 runs to be in the top 42 batsman of all time
- 77 runs Vs St Ives
- Josh Banner (A2) – 96 not out Vs Kissing Point
- 400 Career wickets to Simon Smyth (A2) – amazing
- 5/80 – Ben Meikle (B1 Red) Vs Berowra
- 4/14 – Michael Richards (A1) Vs St Ives. This was off 17.5 overs!
Top 5 batsmen
- Josh Banner (A2) – 388 runs @ 43.1
- Brent Larkham (B1 Red) – 383 runs @ 34.8
- Matt Watts (B1 Red) – 376 runs @ 37.6
- Richard Hughes (C1) – 355 runs @ 29.6
- Asees Rajput (C1) – 347 runs @ 34.7
Top 5 Bowlers
- Luke Herzog )A2) – 29 wickets @ 11.5
- Amit Sen (D1) – 23 wickets @ 9.8
- Napier Gryst (C1) – 22 wickets @ 9.5
- Nirav Desai (D2) – 22 wickets @ 10.4
- Shankar Ravi (C2 Red) – 21 wickets @ 17.5
- Brent Larkham (B2) – 9 catches
- Connor Mayoh (D1) – 9 catches
- Dan Schwartzel (C2 Blue) – 8 catches
- Asees Rajput (C1) – 7 catches.
Top 3 wicket-keepers
- Indranil Mukherjee (C2 Red) – 16 dismissals (11 catches + 5 stumpings)
- Alex Robertson (A1) – 14 dismissals (13 + 1)
- Matt Schwartzel (C2 Blue) – 14 dismissals (12 + 2)
Standings after 13 Rounds follow. This will be refreshed early in the week as results come through across the Association:
- A1 Grade – 5th
- A2 – 1st
- Blue (Rick) – 8th (13 points off 4th spot)
- Red (Gunny) – 1st
- B2 – 4th
- C1 – 6th (2 points off 4th spot)
- Blue (Fieds) – 1st
- Red (Indranil) – 5th (7 points off 4th spot)
- C3 – 1st
- D1 – 1st
- D2 – 6th
Training has been running since the season start but with Daylight savings now in place it becomes more of an option for people to turn-up who have work or other commitments. Details are:
- Wednesday @ John Purchase from 4.30 pm
- Friday @ WPH Sports Club nets also from 4.30 pm.
“Bistro WPH” Photo of the Month
Congratulations to Jane Bish who has won the Bistro WPH Photo of the Month prize. Jane has provided us with a number of photos this season but series of Photos taken at BlowFly Cricket have been great. Check them out – here
Jane has won a $50 voucher at the fabulous Bistro for – here
To is easy to enter:
- Just take a photo of anything to do with our Club – Kanga, Girls, Boys and Seniors
- The photo can be of our players batting, bowling or fielding
- Also, we are keen to get any ‘quirky’ photos that are a bit of fun.
For our next winner, just take a photo and send it to Ross Anderson (here ) with some brief commentary and it is that easy.