News – 18 February to 24 February 2018
The Season is coming to an end with Finals being played and for those Teams not making it through to Finals there are still games organised. Remaining Season details are:
- Last Competition game – Saturday 24 February
- Semi Finals – Sunday 4 March
- Grand Final – Sunday 11 March
Note: The Kimbo Cup (T20 Comp) for Teams missing out on the Semi Finals is played during the Semi Finals.
- Last Competition game – Saturday 10 March
- Grand Final – Saturday 17 March
- Last Competition game – Saturday 24 February
- Semi Finals – Saturday 3 & 10 March
- Grand Final – Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 March
- John Hayne Cup – Saturday 3 & Saturday 10 March
Note: The John Hayne Cup is a handicap T20 Competition between Teams missing out on the Semi Finals.
Our Club Survey for Seniors was run last week. In2Cricket / Kanga, Junior Girls and Boys will open shortly.
The Survey only takes a couple of minutes to complete, is anonymous and your input will used to change what needs changing and to build on what we do well. We will be reviewing the consolidated responses at our next Executive Meeting and the results will then be shared.
When you get the link it would be great if you can complete the Survey and help us to create an even better Club.
Pink Stumps Day
Our Annual Pink Stumps Day, run by our U9s, is fast approaching:
- When: Saturday 10 March 2018
- Time: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Where: Campbell Park
The day is a Fund-raiser double-header played between our U9s. Activities are:
- Four games of 10:10 overs each
- Pink caps, sausage sizzle and a can of soft drink to be sold to each member of the team at $12.50 each
- Sale of cup cakes, brownies etc to be sold at $2.00 per piece;
- Pink collection boxes to be placed for donations on the day.
More details are to follow.
$100 Active Kids payment
From 1st February 2018, parents can claim up to $100 per school aged child for a calendar year for help offset the cost of sports registrations. Details are available through the following link: here
Families with children who play winter sports will be able to access the payment as part of their Registration process via a voucher issued by a registered activity provider.
As Cricket registrations were held back in July last year we will have a supporting process in place for our Cricket registrations in July later this year.
Day 1 of the last Round of Competition was completed on the weekend. This is followed by Semi Finals (4th March) and Finals (11th March). For Teams missing out on the Semi’s, we play in the Kimbo Cup.
This weekend the outstanding performances are:
- Dylan Bish (U16 Blue) 4/13 Vs Castle Hill RSL
- Saarujan Sivakumarasingham (U15 White) Vs Kenthurst-Upper Hills
- Jake Condon (51 retired no) & Leo Herring (49*) put on an opening partnership of 121* for the U12 Orange Vs Glenorie
- Nick Sparkes (U16 Blue) took 5 catches as wicket keeper Vs Castle Hill RSL.
Congratulations to Cameron Tunks (U14 Blue) finished the season with 541 runs @ 77.29 after his Team (U14 Blues) just missed making the Semi Finals.
This has been a great year for Cameron who is playing 2 years above his age. This is the 3rd highest season aggregate for the U14s in our history. Cameron’s performance sits just behind:
- 569 runs by Steve Cass (1994/95)
- 545 runs by Kieran Lahey (1998/99).
Well done Cameron.
Saturday Competition Points table
The points table after 9 Rounds is:
- U16s – 1st (Blue), 4th (Gold), 5th (White)
- U15s – 6th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14s – 3rd (White), 5th (Blue)
- U13s – 5th (Orange) 6th (Red), 14th (White)
- U12s – 3rd (Purple), 4th (Red), 7th (Blue), 13th (Green), 15th (Orange)
- U11s – 1st (Orange), 2nd (White), 5th (Green), 8th (Gold),10th (Red), 13th (Blue)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Our Skills training sessions are now in recess and start up again on 5 February 2018.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s.
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Weekend results – Sixers League
WPHC Vs Thornleigh (Perry) – scores will be updated once they are updated in MyCricket.
WPHC 3/150 defeated Mercy Catholic College 6/103 – a big win for the Girls after winning the toss and batting first. We put on an imposing 6/150 in our 20 overs. Esha Tiwana (24) and Andrea Bennett (20) were dominant. Our bowlers continued the job with Amy Hale (2/7), Jess Phillips (1/6), Jess Meikle (1/10) and Tori Jackson (1/16) all taking wickets. A great performamce girls.
WPHC 40 lost to Gordon 2/102 – playing the powerful Gordon side we kept them to 102 in 15 overs. Well done to Lily Campbell who took our only wicket with 1/8. We didn’t fare too well in the batting with just Lily getting to double figures with a top score of 10 runs.
Round 14, Day 1
Best performances from the weekend came from:
- Nandu Ramesh (C1) scored 130 which is our 474th ton and 15th this season
- Tim Leyshon (A2 Red) got his best bowling figures with 5/13
- Ray Khamis (B2 Red) hammered a new record 22 runs off an over in B2 Grade
Also, Matt Jobson (A1) announced to the boys on the weekend that this is last last game and is retiring. Matt is a genuine warrior and one of our great bowlers. Next week to coincide with his alst day we will do a special section on Matt’s many achievements.
John Hayne Cup
One to look out for the Teams that did not make the Semi’s is the John Hayne Cup. This is a fun T20 handicap Comp played by Teams that didn’t make the Finals and all players who do not play in the Semi’s are eligible to play.
The Competition is played over the two weekends of the Semi Finals and are double header T20s. If Teams are drawn against higher graded Teams runs penalties apply to even the game.
Stay tuned on this one as more information will follow on this after the last round.
One for the diaries
Our Seniors Presentation Night is now locked in:
- When: Friday 4 May 2018
- Where: Castle Hill RSL
- Time: 7.30 pm to whenever.
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run-scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.
Champion player points standings as at the end of Day 1, Round 14 are:
- Andrew Morris (B2) – 161.2
- Brent Larkham (B2) – 126.1
- John Rose (D2) – 105.6
- Ben Kinchington (D2) – 104.8
- Indranil Mukherjee (C3) – 90.0
- Ben Meikle (B1) – 87.4
- Nick Bennett (A2) – 86.0
- Dan Costigan (A2) – 81.3
- Tanay Hira (A2) – 81.1
- Manu Verma (C3) – 80.7
After 13 Rounds the latest standings are:
- A1 Grade: 8th
- Red 2nd
- Blue 7th
- B1: 5th
- Red = 1st
- Blue 8th
- C1: 6th
- C2: =5th
- C3: 3rd
- D1: =4th
- D2: =2nd