News – 18 March to 24 March 2018
Congratulations to our Premiers & Runners-up
With Seniors finishing their Grand Finals on Sunday (18 March) congratulations to our Premiers and Runners-up for this season:
- Premiers – D2
- Runners-up – B2 (Red)
- U11 Orange
- U12 Red
- U16 Gold
- Runners-up – U11 Purple
Thanks to everyone who played, volunteered and supported our Teams this season. The website will be updated regularly during the off-season so check-in frequently to keep in touch with how next season is progressing – our 87th season.
Pink Stumps day
Congratulations and thank you to Ratna Siva and his team of U9 parents who ran Pink Stumps Day last weekend at Campbell Park. The Team are on track to raising close to $8,000 for this great cause and this brings us up over $35,000 over the last 5 years.
The McGrath Foundation has called out our Club as being one of the largest supporters of Pink Stumps day in Australia and last year was invited to a special ‘Thank you’ function at Government House.
Greenway Park Community Centre Development
Through the combined effort of all the local sporting groups that use Greenway Park (AFL, Baseball, Cricket, Little A’s and Rugby League) we are well on the way to having a $3.6m Community facility built on the grass bank between Greenway Park 1 and 2 Ovals. It will be a large facility with a verandah on both sides, open community space and meeting rooms, undercover storage for gear and a Display area for Trophies and Awards. Players and supporters will be able to sit on the verandah and watch the games.
Julian Leeser, our Local Federal Member, has been a great supporter and is actively pushing this initiative.
Last Thursday we had a site visit from Mattias Cormann (Minister for Finance and Special Minister of State) and on this coming Monday John McVeigh (Minister for Regional Development, Territories and Local Government). To get 2 Cabinet Ministers to the ground all goes well for funding approval in May this year.
If approved, while not guaranteed it is looking likely, we will have one of the best facilities in the District and Greenway Park will become one of the best grounds in the Association.
Representative selection trials
Trials for next season are fast approaching. Details are:
U10s to U12s Boys & U13 to U15 Girls
- Completed on Sunday 18 March 2018.
U13 to U16 Boys
- When: Sunday 25 March 2018
- Where: Action Indoor Sports, Mt Ku-ring-gai
- U13 – 9.00 am to 11.00 am
- U14 – 11.30 am to 1.30 pm
- U15 – 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- U16 – 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm
Registrations close on Thursday 15 March 2018 at 7.00 pm and this cut-off is strictly observed. Full details are available at: here
Rising Stars off-season Coaching Program (U12 to U15)
This Rising Stars Coaching Program is expected to be in high demand again this year, after our similar Specialist Coaching Program sold out in advance in 2015, 2016 & 2017, with great feedback. Checkout the following link: here
- When – Sunday: 29 April, 20 May, 3 June, 24 June
- Time – 9.30 to 2.30 pm with dedicated sessions on pace bowling, batting, spin and w/k
- Cost – $120 for a specialist skill (e.g.; batting); $200 for 2 skills (e.g.; batting and spin bowling)
Who is this aimed at?
These are advanced coaching sessions for Girls and Boys at Representative standard and stronger Club players.
You can register online and choose which coaching sessions you would like your child. The link is – here
The Coaches’ Association has built up an excellent reputation for delivering quality coaching programs with experienced coaches and small Coach/Player ratios, which provide more individual coaching.
The Coaches’ Association will also be conducting a separate Junior Rising Stars coaching program for U/9 – U/11 players (details will be finalised and distributed shortly).
Congratulations to our Junior Premiers who played on Sunday 11 March:
- U11 Orange
- U12 Purple
- U16 Gold
Congratulations also to the U12 Red Team who were Runner up to the Purple Team.
Presentation Day – major Award winners
Congratulations to our major award winners this Season:
- John Coulthard (Junior Player of the Year) Trophy – Dylan Bish
- Charles Booth Memorial Award – James Stuart-Gray
- Ross Anderson Trophy (U11 Rising Star) – Blake Morrison
- Volunteer of the Year:
- U8 to U11 – Ratna Siva
- U12 to U16 – Andrew Morris
Well done and thank you to each of these folk who have achieved great things this year and in the case of our Volunteers, over many years.
Congratulations to Naden Cooray (U12 Red) who won the NSWDCA Representative J H Creak Shield batsman of the Year award for his fantastic batting effort this rep season. Nathan scored 260 runs @ 65.0 to be the best performed batsman in the Creak Shield.
This is a wonderful achievement and he will be presented with his award at the SCG in 2 weeks.
Outstanding performances from the Grand Final played on Sunday 11 March 2018 were from:
- U11 Grand Final:
- Harry Rushton – 26 runs
- Blake Morrison – 21 runs
- James Forder – 18 runs
- Neel Jetley – 4/7 from an amazing 8 overs
- Aryan Gupta – 3/17 from 7 overs
- U12 Grand Final:
- Abhay Bhatt (U12 Red) – 74 runs
- Louis Malandrino (U12 Purple) – 42
- Kai Carney (U12 Purple) – 42
- Sam Cutler (U12 Purple) – 4/16 off 8 overs
- Himantha Walawage (U12 Purple) – 3/23
- U16 Grand Final:
- Jack Barry – 51*
- Varun Ravindran – 2/8 (9 overs)
- Alex Silins – 2/6 (7 overs).
Saturday Competition Points table
The final standings for this season are:
- U16s – 1st (Blue), 3rd (Gold), 5th (White)
- U15s – 5th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14s – 3rd (White), 5th (Blue)
- U13s – 5th (Red) 7th (Orange), 14th (White)
- U12s – 3rd (Red), 4th (Purple), 9th (Blue), 14th (Green), 15th (Orange)
- U11s – 1st (Orange), 2nd (White), 7th (Gold), 8th (Green),9th (Red), 11th (Blue)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
- Grand Final – Saturday 17 March.
Weekend results – Sixers League
WPHC 8/43 lost to Parramatta 5/136 – after winning the toss and sending the undefeated Parramatta in to bat they put on a good score in their 20 overs but we still took 5 wickets in our 20 overs. Details of the bowling will be updated once they are received. Our turn to bat and the task was just too much with us getting to 43 runs in our 20 overs.
This is the last game of the season with the Grand final being played next weekend to finish the season.
WPHC 4/73 defeated Epping 71 – this is last week’s score with the season finishing last game. Overall we finished 4th in the 8 Team Comp to have a solid Summer season.
WPHC Vs Bye – no game this week and with the Girls missing out on the Finals this ends the season.
And then there were 2. Congratulations to our Two Teams who are playing in the Grand Final. Day 1 was played on Saturday and the games finish this Sunday:
- B2 (Red) Vs Normanhurst-Warrawee @ Kenthurst Park
- D2 Vs Hornsby @ Thornleigh Park
The last time we won these Competitions were:
- B2 – 2014/15 under Justin Paterson’s captaincy
- D2 – 2006/07 (Rob McBrien).
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Grand Final Day 1 highlights
Best performances from Day 1 of the Grand Final:
- Mike Kinchington (D2) took his 100th career wicket last match
- Brent Van Wyk (D2) scored 58 for the 3rd highest score in the Association on Day 1 of the Finals
- Ben Kinchington (D2) scored 35
- Brent Larkham (B2) with 4/32 got the figures of the Round.
One for the diaries
Our Seniors Presentation Night is now locked in:
- When: Friday 4 May 2018
- Where: Castle Hill RSL
- Time: 7.30 pm to whenever.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run-scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.
Points standings as at the end of Day 1 of the Grand Final.
- Andrew Morris (B2) – 172.0
- Brent Larkham (B2) – 137.2
- Ben Kinchington (D2) – 124.2
- John Rose (D2) – 106.0
- Nick Bennett (A2) – 96.2
- Tanay Hira (A2) – 94.1
- Indranil Mukherjee (C3) – 94.1
- Manu Verma (C3) – 92.5
- Dan Costigan (A2) – 91.5
- Ben Meikle (B1) – 90.5