News – 25 February to 3 March 2018
Semi Finals this weekend
- Semi Finals – Sunday 4 March (all-day game)
- U16 Blue Vs Castle Hill RSL 2 Greenway Park
- U14s – came 3rd but with only 6 Teams there is only a GF next week
- Purple Vs Hornsby Gold 2 Montview Oval East
- Red Vs Hornsby Green @ Montview Oval East
- Grand Final – Sunday 11 March (all day game)
Note: The Kimbo Cup (T20 Comp) for Teams missing out on the Semi Finals is played during the Semi Finals.
- Last Competition game – Saturday 10 March
- Grand Final – Saturday 17 March
- Semi Finals – Saturday 3 & 10 March
- A2 (Red) Vs Berowra @ Storey Park (11.00 am start)
- B2 (Red) Vs SKLPS @ Greenway Park (1.00 pm start)
- C3 Vs St Ives @ Normanhurst Oval
- D2 Vs Kissing Point @ Campbell Park (1.00 pm).
- Grand Final – Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 March
- John Hayne Cup – Saturday 3rd & Saturday 10th March
Note: The John Hayne Cup is a handicap T20 Competition between Teams missing out on the Semi Finals.
Association Representative selection trials
Trials for next season are fast approaching. Details are:
U10s to U12s Boys & U13 to U15 Girls
- When: Sunday 18 March 2018
- Where: Action Indoor Sports, Mt Ku-ring-gai
- U12 – 9.00 am to 11.00 am
- U11 – 11.30 am to 1.30 pm
- U10 – 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- U13 & U15 Girls – 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm.
U13 to U16 Boys
- When: Sunday 25 March 2018
- Where: Action Indoor Sports, Mt Ku-ring-gai
- U13 – 9.00 am to 11.00 am
- U14 – 11.30 am to 1.30 pm
- U15 – 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- U16 – 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm
Registrations close on Thursday 15 March 2018 at 7.00 pm and this cut-off is strictly observed. Full details are available at: here
Extreme Heat Policy
The days of Junior Coaches & Managers / Seniors Captains insisting on playing cricket in extreme conditions will come to an end next season. The current Guideline is that if one Team wants to play then the game goes ahead but with more drink breaks.
Common sense and Duty of Care will finally prevail next season when the Grade Cricket policy is adopted and this involves:
- 37 degrees (based on the ‘Feels like’ Weatherzone app) – more and longer drinks breaks
- 43 degrees – play ceases immediately and doesn’t start again until it drops below 43
- 45 degrees – if the forecast at 4.00 pm the day before scheduled play no play will occur.
Greenway Park update
Our Local Federal Member (Julian Leeser) is seeking $3.6m to improve Greenway Park. The major initiative is to build a Community Hall on the grassed slope right next to the existing facilities. It would be Council run and provide a Community meeting place for the Sports who use Greenway (Athletics, AFL, Rugby League and Cricket). The building would have storage facilities for gear, a place to put Trophies and a large meeting place to watch games on both Ovals.
All the Sporting Clubs are forming a Sub-Committee to work with Julian and more information will be communicated as this progresses.
Pink Stumps Day
Our Annual Pink Stumps Day, run by our U9s, is fast approaching:
- When: Saturday 10 March 2018
- Time: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Where: Campbell Park
The day is a Fund-raiser double-header played between our U9s. Activities are:
- Four games of 10:10 overs each
- Pink caps, sausage sizzle and a can of soft drink to be sold to each member of the team at $12.50 each
- Sale of cup cakes, brownies etc to be sold at $2.00 per piece;
- Pink collection boxes to be placed for donations on the day.
The Team are selling raffle tickets at Cherrybrook Village as follows:
- Thursday 1st March between 5.00 pm and 7.00 pm
- Sunday 4th March between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm
Any support you can offer would be appreciated.
Our Club Survey for Seniors, In2Cricket and Junior Girls was run last week. Junior Boys will open shortly.
The Survey only takes a couple of minutes to complete, is anonymous and your input will used to change what needs changing and to build on what we do well. We will be reviewing the consolidated responses at our next Executive Meeting and the results will then be shared.
When you get the link it would be great if you can complete the Survey and help us to create an even better Club.
Day 2 of the last Round of Competition was completed on the weekend. We now move into Semi Finals (4th March) and Finals (11th March). For Teams missing out on the Semi’s, we play in the Kimbo Cup.
This weekend the outstanding performances are listed below. More performances will be updated as scores are entered:
- Shalin Dissanayake took 4/12 for the U12 Reds
- Saarujan Sivakumarasingham took 4/23 for the U15 Whites
Saturday Competition Points table
The final standings for this season are:
- U16s – 1st (Blue), 3rd (Gold), 5th (White)
- U15s – 5th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14s – 3rd (White), 5th (Blue)
- U13s – 5th (Red) 7th (Orange), 14th (White)
- U12s – 3rd (Red), 4th (Purple), 9th (Blue), 14th (Green), 15th (Orange)
- U11s – 1st (Orange), 2nd (White), 7th (Gold), 8th (Green),9th (Red), 11th (Blue)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Congratulations to our Semi Finalists:
- U16 – Blue & Gold
- U14 – White
- U12 – Red and Purple
- U11 – Orange and White.
Our Skills training sessions are now in recess and start up again on 5 February 2018.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s.
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Weekend results – Sixers League
WPHC Vs Thornleigh (Healy) – scores will be updated once received.
WPHC 71 defeated by Gordon 34 – playing at Thomas Thompson we got to 71 in 19 overs. With rain approaching we only got 5 overs in but Gordon got away to a flier and had enough runs before the game was called off.
WPHC 57 lost to Castle Hill 2/59 – losing the toss and batting first we got to 57 in our 20 overs with Lily Campbell top scoring with 10 runs. Castle Hill were just too strong with the bat and powered their way to 59 in just 8 overs. Danielle Chivers 1/8 (2 overs) along with Minoli Silva 1/9 were our best with the ball.
Round 14, Day 2
Best performances from the weekend came from:
- Congratulations to Michael Gunn (B1) who scored his 2,000th run
- Dean Carlin (5/38) & Aaron Hawkins (5/48) each took 5 wickets for B2 in their outright win
- Andrew Morris (B2) took 10 dismissals as wicket-keeper for the match
- Gautam Ayyar (D1) played a great Captain’s knock of 88 to get the boys home in a close one.
Also, Matt Jobson (A1) announced to the boys on the weekend that he is retiring. Matt is a Warrior and one of our greatest bowlers. Check out the Anecdotes to get an insight into Matt’s amazing performances.
John Hayne Cup
One to look out for the Teams that did not make the Semi’s is the John Hayne Cup. This is a fun T20 handicap Comp played by Teams that didn’t make the Finals and all players who do not play in the Semi’s are eligible to play.
The Competition is played over the two weekends of the Semi Finals and are double header T20s. If Teams are drawn against higher graded Teams runs penalties apply to even the game.
Stay tuned on this one as more information will follow on this after the last round.
One for the diaries
Our Seniors Presentation Night is now locked in:
- When: Friday 4 May 2018
- Where: Castle Hill RSL
- Time: 7.30 pm to whenever.
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run-scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.
Champion player points standings as at the end of Round 14 are:
- Andrew Morris (B2) – 167.7
- Brent Larkham (B2) – 127.0
- John Rose (D2) – 105.6
- Ben Kinchington (D2) – 104.8
- Manu Verma (C3) – 92.4
- Nick Bennett (A2) – 91.8
- Indranil Mukherjee (C3) – 90.0
- Dan Costigan (A2) – 89.0
- Tanay Hira (A2) – 85.1
- Ben Meikle (B1) – 84.5
After 14 Rounds the latest standings are:
- A1 Grade: 8th
- Red 2nd
- Blue 7th
- B1: 7th
- Red 1st
- Blue 6th
- C1: 6th
- C2: 6th
- C3: 3rd
- D1: 5th
- D2: 2nd
Congratulations to our Semi Finalists:
- A2 Red (2nd) – Simon’s Team
- B2 Red (1st) – Rob’s Team
- C3 (2nd)
- D2 (2nd)