News – 26 November 2016
Main News items
- The acclaimed HK&HDCA Coaches Association is now taking registrations for the very popular School Holidays clinics – details are below.
- Our Girls Spring season Competition is coming to a close with the U17s Finals this weekend, the U13s next week and T20 blast next Friday (3 December)
- Congratulations to our latest high achievers:
- Andrew Morris (C2 Red) for his 139 (our 456th ton and 11th this season)
- Ishaan Singh (C3) who had match figures of 11/58 (3/18 & 8/40) – only the 52nd time in our history this has been achieved
- One for the diary – planning for our Club function is underway so keep a lookout for more information that will start to come out soon
- With Movember coming to an end our Team has now raised $5,648 and is ranked number 177 nationally. Congratulations to the 13 boys who participated in this great cause.
Association School Holiday Clinics
Registrations are now open for the Association Coaches’ Association cricket coaching clinics for boys & girls aged 6 – 15.
These clinics are run by Association Life Member Bruce Wood and are highly recommended. The Coaches’ Association is a not-for-profit organisation and has scheduled 4 junior clinics between 9 and 19 January 2017.
The children get quality coaching in a fun environment and it also gets the kids out of the house and running around – the perfect combination.
The venues are: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara (2 clinics); George Thornton Reserve, WPH; and Curtis Oval, Dundas Park.
The online registration process is easy and can be accessed via – bit.ly/Jan-17-clinics-flyer .
We are going to be running a Club Survey before Christmas across: In2Cricket, Junior Boys, Girls and Seniors. This will be a simple survey that will take a few minutes but will form an important information base to guide the Club Executive in policies and decisions for the next few years. Keep a lookout for more information on this important initiative.
One to lookout for. We are planning a whole Club function for late February / March next year. More information will follow on this one but stay tuned for what is looking like a great night with entertainment, auctions and lots of fun.
Christmas Gift Opportunity
I got an email from one of our long-term past players who has a collection of more than 100 rare Tour books and autobiographies between 1960-2000. This is being offered in one lot, for $200 or the nearest offer.
If you are interested then please give Phill Smith a call, weekdays between 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm on 9875-1786.
Our Movember Team has 13 members and is going great guns. They have now raised $3,767 to be ranked 221 nationally. Congratulations to our Team:
- Rob Knapman (C2)
- Ian Digby (C3)
- Mikey Fiedler (C1)
- Tarun Lath (C3)
- Steve Quanborough (D1)
- James Makin (A1)
- Alex Robertson (A1)
- Phil Wurth (A1)
- Aaron Carlini (B2)
- Matt Jobson (A1)
- Ian Paterson (C2 Red)
- Sol Tomlinson (A1)
- Graham Chivers (Girls Director and father of Danielle)
1. Click here and click “Donate to team”
2. Fill out details and submit
(Took less than 2 mins and is tax deductible with receipt sent to email address).
T20 Blast (Girls aged 8 to 12 years)
The Spring season has its last game this coming Friday 3 December 2016 at James Henty Oval. Congratulations to Graham Chivers and the Girls for another great season night where the girls play cricket with music and dancing and is a perfect way to introduce the girls to the game.
Details will come out a little later, after the Christmas break, on arrangements for the Summer season in 2017. This will start in late January / early Feb and go through until the end of March. More info will follow on this one.
Saturday afternoon (Girls aged 10 to 16 years)
The Spring Season finishes next week for our U13’s. The U17s finish up this weekend with their Finals before the Christmas break and then start up again in 2017.
U13 Spring Season (North)
WPHC Green Vs North Sydney Juniors @ Thomas Thompson – details to be updated
U17’s – North (Division 1)
The Finals are being played this week for the Spring season.
U17’s – Upper North (Division 2)
WPHC White Vs Gordon/St Ives – @ Warrimoo Oval. Report to follow.
WPHC Red Vs Abbotsleigh B – Thomas Thompson – as above.
Not a big week for the batters this weekend but our bowlers starred:
- 4/2 – James Stuart-Gray for our U12 Orange boys against our White team
- 4/2 – Owen Prowse (U11 Blue) Vs Kissing Point
- 4/4 – Ryan Diblasio (U11 Orange) Vs ARL
- 4/5 – Ben Dunkerley (U14 Blue) Vs Castle Hill RSL
- 4/7 – Aden Hanich (U14 Blue) Vs Castle Hill RSL
Well done fellas.