News – 26th March to 1 April 2017
With the season now over the key dates to look out for are:
- Presentation Night – Friday 5th May at Dural Country Club
- Club Registration Day for 2017/18 – Sunday 30th July 2017
Seniors Grand Final’s were held on the weekend (25th & 26th March) and this concluded our 86th season. We played in 5 Grand Finals and won 2 with a 1-run loss in A1 Grade. Congratulations to Seniors who achieved the following wins:
- Seniors Club Championship
- Premierships – B1 & C1
- Runners-up – A1, B2 & C3
- T5th Grade T20 Premiership
- Joint Hayne Cup.
Specialist Off-Season Coaching Program
The Coaches’ Association is taking registrations for its annual off-season Specialist Coaching Program.
- Who can attend – U/12 – U/15 players covering batting, pace & spin bowling and wicket-keeping, and is designed for representative standard players and/or stronger club players
- Where – James Park, Hornsby
- When – Sunday 30 April; 21 May; 18 June & 30 July 2017
- Cost – $120 for one skill (e.g.; batting) and $240 for 2 skills (e.g.; batting & bowling)
This Specialist Coaching Program sold out in advance in 2015 and 2016, with great feedback from the players and their parents, so please register early.
To register please access the following link – here
Congratulations to our U13 Whites who made it through to the Grand Final last weekend. The result was:
WPHC White 9/108 lost to Pennant Hills 131. Best batsman for us was Shaan Bakshi with 20 and best bowler was Arya Tyagi with 3/25.
Congratulations to our major Award winners from the Presentation Day held on Saturday:
- John Coulthard Award (Junior Player of the Year) – Rowan Love
- Charles Booth Memorial Award (U13s) – Shaan Bakshi
- Ross Anderson Trophy (U11 Rising Star Award) – Harry Flower
- Volunteer of the Year Award:
- U8s to U11s – Phil Carney
- U12s to U16s – Rob Hanich
- Girls – Michelle Boccalatte
Congratulations also to Julian Bish (Juniors Director) who was awarded the prestigious President’s Award for service to our Club. Julian has been Juniors Director since 2013 and has done an amazing job in running the Juniors and building a great Team.
The Juniors season is over as we move into winter sports. Our 87th season starts with Registration Day in the last week of July – just on 4 months away.
The last leg of the season finished on Saturday 4th March with our Presentation Day. Due to a wet weekend the Presentation was held in the Sports Club and some photos are loaded on the Gallery. This now brings the season to a close and a big thank you to all of our players, parents and supporters.
A special thanks to the Sports Club who kindly allowed us into the Club before opening hours and at short notice to help us out – really appreciated folks.
The normal season finished on the weekend and the match reports follow. Our focus now moves to our Presentation Day next Friday and then the Rep trials for those keen to give this a go.
Our Girls had their end of season Presentation Day on Friday. Congratulations to our major Award winners:
- Lisa Sthalekar Award (Player of the Year) – Lauren Kua (217 runs at average of 72.33)
- Volunteer of the Year – Michelle Boccalatte
- Arthur Souter Award – Christina Phillip
Note – Christina is our first Girl player to be awarded the Arthur Souter Award. This is awarded to those graduating players who have played every season since Kanga and is a great achievement.
- U13s – Aliya Colbert
- U17 Blue – Auushka Dongre
- U17 Red – Jess Phillips
- U17 White – Lauren Kua
- U13s – Maeve McAlister
- U17 Blue – Abigail Pereira
- U17 Red – Danielle Chivers (plus 5 wickets in an innings)
- U17 White – Varsha Krithivasan
- U13s – Lauren Dean
- U17 Blue – Lily Campbell
- U17 Red – Ellen Hall
- U17 White – Amy Sherlock
- Ages – U13 and U15 Age Groups
- When – Sunday 26th March
- Where – Action Indoor Sports, 7 Gundah Rd, Mt Ku-ring-gai
- Starting times –a 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm
- Registrations closure date – Thursday 16 March at 7.00 pm.
Full details are located at the following link – here