News – 28 January to 3 February 2018
The season starts up again as follows:
- Saturday 27 January 2018:
- Junior Girls – Saturday 27 January
- Junior Boys – Saturday 27 January.
- Saturday 3rd February – In2Cricket / Kanga starts.
Girls Summer Comp Registrations
After a successful Spring Comp, on 27 January, the Girls start their T20 Summer Competition. Matches start at 2.00 pm and go for about 2 ¾ hours.
If you are interested in playing then please contact Graham Chivers on 0415 891 004 or here for more information.
In2Cricket / Kanga Registrations
Starts up again on Saturday 3 February and runs until Saturday 3 March for the short summer season. Registrations are always welcome and it you have any queries please contact Bill Peterkin on 0488 110 942 or here
The Academy starts up again shortly after the School holidays break for the final 7-week run before concluding on 14 March 2018. Details are:
- Girls – Monday 29 January 2018
- Boys – Wednesday 31 January
- Where: Greenway Park
- U12 to U13 – 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- U14 to U16 – 5.30 to 6.30 pm
- Seniors – 6.30 to 7.30 pm.
Association Golf Day
The 6th Annual HK&HDCA Golf Championship will be held at the superb Kooindah Waters Course just outside Wyong – just 50 minutes up the M1.
- Day: Friday 2nd March 2018
- Time: 8.15 am for a 9.00 pm kick-off
The event is a Four Ball Ambrose – teams of four players, with each player hitting off at each tee, then the best shot of the four is selected and the four players then play their next shot from that spot.
Just $70.00 per player for 18 holes of golf in carts, a pre-game Breakfast of a Bacon & Egg Roll.
If you do not have a Golf Club Handicap, the Tournament Director will provide you with a generous handicap.
Contact Scott Burrows to here as soon as possible to enter or call him on 0405 546 488 if you have any questions.
Pink Stumps day
Our Annual Pink Stumps Day, run by our U9s, is fast approaching:
- When: Saturday 10 March 2018
- Time: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Where: Edward Bennett Oval (to be confirmed)
The day is a Fund-raiser double-header played between our U9s. Activities are:
- Four games of 10 : 10 overs each (can reduce to 8 overs each if necessary) – Teams will play against each other and the kids are expected to be in their cricket whites;
- Pink caps, sausage sizzle and a can of soft drink to be sold to each member of the team at $12.50 each
- Sale of cup cakes, brownies etc to be sold at $2.00 per piece;
- Pink collection boxes to be placed for donations on the day.
More details are to follow.
Competition started up again on the weekend (Saturday 27 January). This part of the Competition is a short one with just 5 weeks of competition followed by Semi Finals (4th March) and Finals (11 March). For Teams missing out on the Semi’s we play in the Kimbo Cup.
This weekend the outstanding performances are:
- U13 White Vs Glenorie:
- Jordan Netto 60* & Lachlan Daly – 103 partnership
- Lachlan Edwards – 3/17
- Jack Hutchinson – 3/21
- U14 White Vs Kissing point:
- Avi Lath – 4/7
- Shaan Bakshi – 4/8.
Saturday Competition Points table
The latest points table after 8 Rounds follows:
- U16s – 1st (Blue), 2nd (White), 3rd (Gold)
- U15s – 4th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14s – 3rd (White), 4th (Blue)
- U13s – 3rd (Red), 7th (Orange), 14th (White)
- U12s – 3rd (Purple), 6th (Red), 7th (Blue), 10th (Green), 15th (Orange)
- U11s – 1st (White), 2nd (Green), 3rd (Orange), 6th (Red), =6th (Gold), 12th (Blue)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Our Skills training sessions are now in recess and start up again on 5 February 2018.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Summer Competition Registrations
The Summer Season for the T20 Blast and Sixers Competitions starts-up again on 27 January 2018 and runs until 10 March.
Round 11 highlights
Best performances from the Round 11, 1-Dayer came from:
- Daniel Fiedler (A2 Blue) scored his 2,000th run
- Josh Mathias (A1) scored his 1,000 runs
- Ryan Gunn (B2) also scored his 1,000th career run
- Dan Costigan (A2 Red) scored 105 for our 13th ton this season and the 473rd in our History
- Rommel Pandey (C3) scored 71 that included 26 & 16 in consecutive overs to almost get an improbable win
- John Rose (D2) took an amazing 5/7 off 8 overs and just missing out on a hat-trick.
- Simon Smyth (A2 Red) – 4/8 in 5 overs in his first decent bowl since a hammy tear
- Ankit Grover (A2 Red) – 4/28 in the same game as Simon
- Nick Bennett (A2 Red) – took 6 catches behind the stumps.
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.
Champion player points standings as at the end of Round 11 are:
- Andrew Morris (B2) – 123.3
- Brent Larkham (B2) – 119.0
- Ben Kinchington (D2) – 95.2
- John Rose (D2) – 88.2
- Nick Bennett (A2) – 77.7
- Indranil Mukherjee (C3) – 71.2
- Michael Robertson (A2) – 66.7
- Richard Hughes (C1) – 66.2
- Ray Khamis (B2) – 62.0
- Rowan Keating (A2) – 63.7
“Bistro WPH” Photo of the Month – November winner
Congratulations to Graham Chivers who has won our Photo of the Month (the photo is above) for his photo of the Girls U15 Peden Shield game. Graham will get a $50 dinner voucher at the fabulous Bistro WPH – here
Photos are always welcome. To enter it is simple:
- Just take a photo of anything to do with our Club – Kanga, Girls, Boys and Seniors
- The photo can be of our players batting, bowling or fielding
- Also, we are keen to get any ‘quirky’ photos that are a bit of fun.
For our January Photo, just take a photo and send it to Ross Anderson (here ) with some brief commentary and it is that easy.