News – 29 October 2016
Main News items
- Congratulations to Danielle Chivers (Girls U17 Upper North Div) who took 5/26 on Saturday – our 1st 5 wicket haul in a Girls T20 game since 2001/02 – a great effort for T20 games with 9 players a side!
- West Penno has a Movember Team set up and everyone is welcome to make a contribution to this great cause
- The T20 Grand Finals were played on Sunday. Congratulations to our 5th Grade who won their 3rd Premiership in 4 years. Commiserations to 4th Grade who went down in the last over
- Our popular coaching sessions run by our Level 1 and 2 accredited coaches continues on Monday at Cherrybrook Public School with our U8s.
Rob Knapman (C2 Red) has organised a Movember team (group of blokes growing mo’s which is still being added too) to raise money for Men’s Health in the month of November. Congratulations and many thanks to our Movember Team:
- Rob Knapman (C2)
- Ian Digby (C3)
- Mikey Fiedler (C1)
- Tarun Lath (C3)
- James Makin (A1)
- Alex Robertson (A1)
- Phil Wurth (A1)
It would be great if players / parents and anyone connected with our Club are willing to put in a few $$$ to support the initiative of our players. For those who are interested in looking at this further here is the link with details:
1. Click on above URL and “Donate to team”
2. Fill out details and submit
(Took less than 2 mins and is tax deductible with receipt sent to email address).
Any amount would be greatly appreciated as we are big a club, adding a little can become a lot.
Joining the Team:
If anyone wants to join the cause and grow the mo, please sign up at the same URL (or contact Rob Knapman) and you can join the amazing team.
Junior Coaching sessions
On Monday we kick-off our Club Coaching sessions for our junior Boys and Girls where every player gets free skills coaching from Level 1 and Level 2 Coaches from our Coaches who have already come through our Juniors and are playing a high level of Senior cricket.
These sessions are very popular. They are run every Monday Our first session is as follows:
o Age Group – U8s
o When – 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm
o Where – Cherrybrook Public School
Check out our Facebook page for the full schedule.
T20 Blast (Girls aged 8 to 12 years)
The season is underway. Games start at 5pm and are played at James Henty Oval. This is a fun night where the girls play cricket with music and dancing and is a perfect way to introduce the girls to the game. Newcomers are welcome at any time.
Saturday afternoon (Girls aged 10 to 16 years)
U13 Spring Season (North)
WPHC Green 4/44 lost to West Ryde Rovers 3/45 – match report to follow.
U17’s – North (Division 1)
WPHC Blue 2/126 defeated Ravenswood A 67 – match write-up to follow
U17’s – Upper North (Division 2)
WPHC 4/84 lost to Castle Hill Thunder 1/86 – our Girls batted well to get 84 in our 20 overs. Best for us was Lauren Kua 17 and Jyothi Krithivasa 16. In the bowling, the Thunder blew us away, getting the runs in just 8 overs with only Ashlie MacPhee making an impact with 1/25.
WPHC 6/86 defeated Gordon / St Ives 5/76 – match update to follow.
Registrations are open all season as we want as many girls as possible playing cricket. We are keen to encourage all the sisters, daughters, grand-daughters, nieces and any other relations or friends to sign up to play in either or both of these formats. If you are interested in playing then please contact Graham Chivers on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0415 891 004.
Round 4 was rain affected but in the limited number of games that were played our best performances from Day 1 were:
- Dylan Bish – 55 (U15 Blue Vs WPHC White)
- Rajat Chatterjee – 75 (retired; U14 Gold Vs Normanhurst-Warrawee)
- Aidan Jackson – 58* (U14 Blue Vs Kenthurst-Upper Hills)
Day 2 of the Round highlights will be updated once scores come through.