News – 29 October to 4 November
WPHCCC Cricket Academy
We are excited to be launching our own Cricket Academy starting in late November. It will run for 10 weeks. No other Club offers anything like this and it will be available exclusively to West Penno players.
Who is the Academy intended for?
- All WPHCCC registered players – Boys, Girls of all ages plus Senior players
- Players of all abilities from those new to the game to elite Representative players – the program is adapted to individual skills
- An Individual coaching option is also be available for those players who want to have intensive personal 1 on 1 coaching.
What happens at the Academy
- The Academy will be run over 10 weeks with a Coach / Player ratio of around 1:6
- Academy Registrations will be capped to ensure that every person gets personal focus
- Sessions will be both Outdoor and occasional Indoor sessions depending on weather conditions and availability
- Session numbers will be capped as follows:
- U12 – U13: 18 players
- U14 – U16: 18 players
- 16 years+ / Seniors: 12 players
- Girls: 12 players
- Specialist expert Coaches /strength and conditioning experts will be engaged to ensure an elite experience for all Academy players
- A1 Grade and high level Grade cricketers will provide specialist coaching on a needs basis.
$200 for a 10-week Program. This cost is well below any comparable Cricket Academy Program available – anywhere.
We can do it at this low price as we operate on a not-for-profit basis and our Club subsidises any cost shortfall so that our players can get the best coaching available at very low cost.
When is the Academy held?
- Day: 29 November
- Ground: most likely Cherrybrook Public School
- U12 – U3 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- U14 – U15 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm
- 16 years+ / Seniors : 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm
How do I register?
Please contact the person below for more information and details on next steps:
- Girls – Graham Chivers on email@example.com or 0415 891 004
- Junior Boys – Rob Hanich, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0414 551 546
- Seniors – Ross Anderson on email@example.com or 0422 841 169
To help with planning we need please to have Registrations completed by Wednesday 15 November.
Association Integrity Cup
There isn’t much that Barry McDonald, our Chairperson hasn’t achieved during his involvement with Cricket. This week it was announced that Barry had been awarded the prestigious Association’s Integrity Cup – for an amazing 2nd time. The 1st time was in 2013/14. To put this in context, In addition to the Integrity Cup, Barry has the following amazing achievements:
- WPHCCC Chairman (1985 to present)
- Life Memberships:
- HK & HDCA Umpires Association
- Patron of the Umpires Association
- Integrity Cup – 2013/14; 2017/18
- Honorary Auditor.
Well done Barry!
Peden Shield Reps – U15 Girls
Our Girls represent the Association compete in the Margaret Peden Shield NSWDCA Rep competition.
So far the Girls have played 4 games and have shown such rapid improvement that they just fell short of one of the top teams last weekend.
We have 8 of our Girls in the 14 player squad and this is a record level representation for our Club in a single rep Team. Congratulations to our Rep players:
Ellen Hall, Amy Harkin, Danielle Chivers, Jess Meikle, Ragini Sen, Amy Hale, Lauren Kua, Esha Tiwana
Our Photo Gallery has some great shots of the Girls in the most recent Rep game last weekend.
Round 3 results
Round 3 was played on the weekend. We will update the scores and provide a brief Match Report by Monday. We are playing the following games:
WPHC 2/81 lost to Castle Hill Perry 127 – last Saturday’s game was a fun and interesting one, even though we didn’t win. Nearly all of us faced twenty balls, which was a great effort but we didn’t manage to outrun Thornleigh Perry’s score. They were a pretty tough team with a few experienced fast bowlers. Overall we all enjoyed batting, bowling and fielding in the warm and sunny weather.
U15 Spring Comp
WPHC 2/90 lost to North Sydney Green – WPHC won the toss and put ourselves in to bowl. Congratulations to Jess M, Ragini and Esha for a wicket a piece. Supported by a catch from Isabella and an amazing juggling catch from Nidhi. The chase ended up being very close with top scores from Jess P (20 not out) and 6 a piece not out from Esha and Amy. Shout out to our captain for the day, Jess M, for her awesome appealing.
U17 Spring Comp
WPHC 155 defeated Ravenswood 5/54 – it was hot muggy afternoon today at the Fred Caterson grounds for the Girls U17 match between Castle Hill RSL Lighting and WPHCC. After the loss of an early wicket WPHCC put on 155 runs with great batting from Lauren with 46*, Amy H with 34*and Lily with 45.
The team followed it up with all round solid bowling and and fielding performance to win the match. Castle Hill scored 5 for 54
Registrations remain open all season but to play in the same Team as your friends please don’t delay registering. Once registered, you are guaranteed a game and in the Team of your choice.
Our Juniors played Day 1 of Round 4 on Saturday. After the achievements from last week this was a quiet day with 2 significant performances
- Daniel Schwartzel (U16 Gold) – 78 Vs Berowra-Glenorie
- Daniel Schwartzel (78) and Varun Ravindran (55) put on 142 for the 2nd wicket in the same game
- Jehan Polwaththe and Matthew Nealon 42 put on 89 runs for the 5th wicket for the U13 Orange team Vs Redfield.
Well done fellas.
After 3 Rounds the standings are below:
- U16s – 2nd (Blue), 3rd (White), 4th (Gold)
- U15s – 2nd (Blue), 7th (White)
- U14s – 4th (Blue), 5th (White)
- U13s – 7th (Red), 10th (Orange), 16th (White)
- U12s – 4th (Purple), 6th (Blue), 8th (Red), 10th (Orange), 18th (Green)
- U11s – 1st (White), 2nd (Green), 3rd (Gold), 4th (Orange), =5th (Blue – 10th on quotient), 14th (Red).
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Our Skills training sessions continue on throughout the season.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 30 October – U15s & U14s
- 6 November – U13s
- 13 November – U12 Blue, Green & Orange
- 20 November – U12 Purple, Red & Girls
- 27 November – U11 Blue, Green & Orange
- 4 December – U11 Gold, Red & White
- 11 December – U10s
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Highlights of the Round are:
- Michael Banner (A2) set a new A2 Club record in his innings of 61 on the weekend. He has now scored 2,046 A2 runs, breaking the record set by Amir Marzouk in 2010/11
- Josh Banner (A2) scored his 1,000 runs in the 2nd Grade T20 Grand Final last Sunday
- Zac Turner (C1) scored his maiden ton (134) and our 466th and his 1,000th run
- Andrew Miekle A1 was our best with the ball taking 5/66 closely followed by Justin Paterson (A1) with 4/23 for the spin twins to get 9 for the match – so far
- Ross A (C2) batted in his 500th innings for our Club.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.