News – 2nd January 2017
Main News items
- We wish all of our players, family and friends a great New Year break and see everyone again in 2017. Good luck to our U14s and U15s travelling to Tamworth and Carnival for the Country Carnivals
- Seniors cricket starts up again this coming Saturday (7 January) with 1-Day games all starting at Noon
- The acclaimed HK&HDCA Coaches Association is now taking registrations for the very popular School Holidays clinics – details are below.
- Our whole Club Social function – Saturday 4 March @ Dural Country Club – please note your diary
- The annual Association Golf Day (4-Ball Ambrose) is on again – 17 February at Kooindah Waters Resort at Wyong – details are below
- Our Girls Summer competition starts in late January 2017. Details are in the Playing Info tab.
Good luck to our Junior Teams travelling at the end of this week to their Country Carnivals played in the week commencing 8 January:
- U14’s travel to Tamworth
- U15’s go to Armidale for the Walter Taylor Shield
We are the only Club side that receives these invitations and they are great fun against strong regional representative teams.
Club Social Function
We are organising a whole Club end of season Social function so keep the following details in your diary:
- When: Saturday 4 March 2017
- Where: Dural Country Club
- Cost: $50 for a 2-course meal.
Plus guest speaker, auctions and music. More details are to follow but lock it in to your schedule.
Cricket has a temporary break over the Christmas / New Year period and starts up again:
- Seniors – Saturday 7 January 2017 starting at Noon
- Junior Boys – Saturday 28 January 2017
- Junior Girls Summer Competition:
- T20 Blast – Friday 27 January
- Sixers – Saturday 28 March
- Kanga (In2Cricket) – Saturday 28 January
MyCricket has all player stats since 2008/09. If you want to see your complete historical stats then just log-in on the Home page using the sign-in created at Registration. If you registered online, and have forgotten a password then just reset your password. DO NOT CREATE A NEW USER/LOG-IN as it will not link to their MyCricket Id, which is critical in making the stats work – & to save us having duplicate player entries.
For all users (Juniors, Girls, Kanga’s) by logging you they can also see other functions, like their order/payment history, change your address & user details so that we have accurate contact details. This log-in will be used year after year for registrations.
If anyone has a working knowledge of WordPress and an interest in website development it would be great to have you involved to initially tinker with the site and going forward to be involved with ongoing developments.
Association School Holiday clinics
Registrations are now open for the Association Coaches’ Association cricket coaching clinics for boys & girls aged 6 – 15.
These clinics are run by Association Life Member Bruce Wood and are highly recommended. The Coaches’ Association is a not-for-profit organisation and has scheduled 4 junior clinics between 9 and 19 January 2017. Numbers are capped to keep the Coach / Participant ratio low so registrations close once the cap is reached.
The children get quality coaching in a fun environment and it also gets the kids out of the house and running around – the perfect combination.
The venues are: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara (2 clinics); George Thornton Reserve, WPH; and Curtis Oval, Dundas Park.
The online registration process is easy and can be accessed here.
Association Golf Day – 17 February 2017
It’s on again this year – the Annual Association Golf Day at Kooindah Waters Resort and Spa – just outside Wyong – 50 minutes up the M1. The Golf Day is on 17 February 2017.
This is a 4-Ball Ambrose – just $68 / player. Tee-off time is between 8.15 am and 9.00 am. This is open to Individuals and Teams (3 or 4 players).
If you are interested in giving it a go then contact Geoff Hasler on email@example.com or on 0412 871 816.
Cricket Australia are now promoting Girls. The advertisement is being shown during all the WBBL and some BBL matches on Ten. Good to see some of our girls and the Club shirts appear
Amy Hale (U17s), Maeve McAllister (U13s) and Khushi Arora (U17s) feature.
T20 Blast (Girls aged 8 to 12 years)
The Spring season finished the spring season on Friday 3 December 2016 at James Henty Oval.
The Summer season will start in late January / early Feb and go through until the end of March. More info will follow on this one.
Saturday afternoon (Girls aged 10 to 16 years)
U13 Spring Season (North)
WPHC Green finished the season in 4th spot. Our top performing players for the Spring Season were:
- Batting – Aliysa Colbert – 42 runs @ 8.40
- Bowling – Maeve McAlister – 4 wickets @ 4.50.
Looking forward to seeing the Girls back-up in 2017 for the Summer season.
U17’s – North (Division 1)
The Spring Season finished last weekend and will start up again in 2017 – details to follow:
WPHC Blue came 4th place, winning 3 and losing 4 games. Our top performing players for the season were:
- Batting – Anushka Dongre – 114 runs @ 57.00
- Bowling – Abigail Pereira – 6 wickets @ 10.33
Well done on a fabulous season Girls.
U17’s – Upper North (Division 2)
WPHC White – best performed for us this season were:
- Batting – Lauren Kua – 139 runs @ 46.33
- Bowling – Lauren Kua – 4 wickets @ 19.75.
We start up again in late January / early February for the Summer Competition – more details will follow so keep a watch on the website for details.
WPHC Red – best for us during the Spring Season were:
Our best players were:
- Batting – Jess Phillips – 109 runs @ 15.57
- Bowling –Ragini Sen – 8 wickets @ 10.63.
After 8 Rounds our Teams are coming:
- U16’s 4th (Blue), Red (7th)
- U15’s 4th (Gold), 7th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14’s 5th (Blue), 8th (Gold), 11th (White)
- U13’s 2nd (White), 5th (Blue), 8th (Red)
- U12’s 5th (Green), 7th Orange), 8th (Red), 11th (White), 16th (Blue)
- U11’s 4th (Orange), 5th (Purple), 9th (Blue), 10th (Green), 21st (Gold)
- U8s, U9s, U10’s – no competition tables
Round highlights from Round 8 (1-dayer) were:
- 63 – Owen Cunningham (U15 Gold) Vs WPHC White
- 57* – Oliver Linschoten (U15 Gold) Vs U15 White
- 50* – Cameron Tunks (U12 Green) Vs Kenthurst Upper Hills
Owen and Oliver (U15s) also put on 98 for the 5th wicket – well done fellas.
Cameron’s efforts for the U12s has been outstanding so far this season. In 7 innings he has scored 389 runs (5 not outs) to average 194.5. Cameron has also taken 7 wickets @ 8.43! Batting restrictions make records difficult to achieve but the Club record aggregate in a season for the U12s is 421 by Andrew Clarke @ in 1991/92 @ 105.25.
We now go into recess and start up again on Saturday 28 January 2017.
After 8 Rounds we have 8 Teams in the top 4 with 4 Teams leading the Comp:
- A1 =2nd
- A2 3rd
- B1 =2nd
- B2 1st
- C1 1st
- C2 Blue 4th
- C2 Red 7th (10 points out of 4)
- C3 1st
- D1 1st
- D2 6th (1 point off 4th spot).
Match Results – games coming up
WPHC Vs Sydney Lions – being played at Berowra Oval and is a big clash between the two Teams locked in 2nd place. We won the Round 1 game outright in a thriller and a win here will consolidate a position in the top 4. The boys have done an outstanding job this year – they have a core of experienced players but also a number of quality younger players up from A2 who in time will develop into the next generation of stars. With bowlers of the calibre of Hendo, Jobbo, Riley, Patto and Buckets Scoular part-time only one team has scored more than 200 against us this season. Add to this the best Captain in A1 (James Makin) by a long way.
WPHC Vs Castle Hill RSL – after the last game at The Glade was washed out and with others getting on this 3rd Vs 8th at Kenthurst Park is a big game. We are comfortably in the top 4 but need a win to stay in touch with the top placed Team that has a 9 point break.
WPHC Vs Sydney Lions – 7 points off first place for our boys in equal 2nd spot and a win here against the sixth placed Sydney Lions at Greenway will put us in striking distance of the leading Team – Hornsby on 40 points.
WPHC Vs Sydney Lions – what a mighty Team who are undefeated going into Round 2 against 5th placed Sydney Lions at Annangrove Park. The boys are leading the Comp with 48 points – 11 ahead of 2nd place. The challenge is to keep the momentum we had before the break.
WPHC Vs Sydney Lions – after a hard fought win last round the boys have a 5 point break on 2nd place but need to win this one against the 5th placed Lions. The boys won the Hornsby Theatre Cup in 2013/14 and again in 2015/16 and are after back-to-backs in this tight competition.
WPHC Blue Vs Normanhurst-Warrawee – a massive game for the Blues who forced their way into the top 4 after a last over win against our Reds last match. We play Normo at Glenhaven Oval who have only lost 1 game in the past 18 months (against our Reds) and lead the Comp on 43 points. A win against this strong opponent will consolidate a spot in the top 4.
WPHC Red Vs Berowra – the boys are a deceptive 7th on 23 points, 10 points out of the top 4 but capable of beating anyone on their day as shown in their big win over Normo. We are playing 3rd placed Berowra at the Brooklyn Dairy ground and this is a must win game to get us within striking distance.
WPHC Vs Castle Hill RSL – going into this game with a 5/3 win record with 2 outrights on their day this side is unstoppable. After losing Game 1 outright they have built an imposing record. The boys are leading the Competition and play 4th placed Castle Hill. We lead on 40 points with an 8 point break on Castle Hill. A win here at the slow Fred Caterson ground will give us momentum to go on with it.
WPHC Vs St Ives – the boys go into this game as Competition leaders by 4 points and last up winners against 3rd placed St Ives at our spiritual Home – Campbell Park. The boys have had some amazing wins only to be beaten by the lowest placed Teams but with a 5/3 win record and going in with winning form we are confident. This is a 6-Team competition with only 5 points separating us from 3rd place. We should win this but St Ives, on their day are competitive.
WPHC Vs St Ives – our D2 boys area work in progress with a number of new players this season. We are sitting in 6th spot in a 6-Team Comp on 22 points but are just 5 points off 2nd place – that’s how tight the Competition is. The challenge is that we are playing St Ives who are the Comp leaders on 47 points. Win here and we are on a roll.
The website now has the latest stats on our Top Performers this season. We only use Seniors stats as with Juniors we promote Participation over Results.
The following information is on our top fielding performances that is not covered in the website:
Top 5 fielders
- Riley Behlevanas (C2 Blue) – 14 (plus 2 w/k)
- Tarun Lath (C3) – 12 catches
- Stanton Tam (C1) – 10 catches
- Luke Herzog (A2) – 8
- Ben Meikle (B2) – 7
Top 3 wicket-keepers
- Joel Behlevanas (C2 Blue) – 10 catches + 2 stumpings
- Gautam Ayyar (C3) – 10 catches (plus 4 as a non-keeper)
- Nick Bennett (A1) – 10 catches.