News – 3 December to 10 December
Our Banner Photos
The 3 photo’s on our Homesite banner are:
- Photo 1 – U16 Blue and Gold mum’s in the ‘Ladies Pavilion’ at Greenway Park – 2 December 2017
- Photo 2 – Michael, Jenny and Josh Banner at Berowra Oval for the 2nd Grade T20 Grand Final – 22 October 2017
- Photo 3 – Jess Jonassen with Sahana (U13s) at the Women’s Test – 11 November 2017.
Girls Grand Finals – Spring Season
Congratulations to our Grand Finalists:
The U15s were playing off for 5th / 6th position in their Comp.
WPHC 4/63 drew with Parramatta – match Report to follow but wet weather caused a draw in this game. With Parramatta finishing higher in the Comp we came Runner-up for the Spring Comp.
U15 Spring Comp
WPHC 2/106 drew with Mercy Catholic College – another rain affected Final and with Mercy taking out the Minor Premiership the Girls finished as Runner-up. This was a disappointing outcome to a match that we had pretty much in control of.
U17 Spring Comp
WPHC Vs Castle Hill Thunder 3/95 – a shame the game was washed out as we had a real show after dismissing the powerful top order of Castle Hill.
The Spring season is now finished. The Summer Season though starts-up again after the Christmas / New Year break. Full details of how to Register will be provided early in the New Year so continue to watch the website for details.
School Holidays Coaching Clinics
Registrations are now open for the Association Coaches’ Association / Northern District CC’s Junior cricket coaching clinics for boys & girls aged 6 – 15 during the Christmas school holidays.
The Coaches’ Association is a not-for-profit organisation and has scheduled 4 junior clinics between 8 – 18 January 2018.
The venues are: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara and George Thornton Reserve, WPH (2 clinics at each location).
These popular school holiday clinics have been in operation since 2010 and have a proven track-record in developing the skills of players of all standards, ranging from beginners and club players to experienced representative cricketers. The online registration process is easy – see the attached flyer, which can also be accessed via this link – here
We thoroughly recommend these Clinics and it would be great to see good support from our Club – especially at George Thornton Reserve in our own backyard.
“Bistro WPH” Photo of the Month – November photo decided
Our Photo of the Month for November will be decided this week. The winner will get a $50 dinner voucher at the fabulous Bistro WPH – here
Photos are always welcome. To enter it is simple:
- Just take a photo of anything to do with our Club – Kanga, Girls, Boys and Seniors
- The photo can be of our players batting, bowling or fielding
- Also, we are keen to get any ‘quirky’ photos that are a bit of fun.
Just take a photo and send it to Ross Anderson (here ) with some brief commentary and it is that easy.
WPHCCC Cricket Academy – underway
Our Academy started with the Girls on Monday and the Junior Boys & Seniors on Wednesday.
The Academy provides high quality elite coaching over 10 weeks for:
- Junior Boys:
- U12 – U13
- U14 – U16
- Junior Girls
How do I register?
There are now only a handful of places available for Junior Girls, Junior Boys U12-U13 and Seniors. With week 1 now over if you are interested in being part of this initiative then please register your interest asap. Contacts for more information and details are:
- Girls – Graham Chivers on here or 0415 891 004
- Junior Boys – Rob Hanich, here or 0414 551 546
- Seniors – Ross Anderson on here or 0422 841 169
Our Juniors played Day 2 of Round 6 on Saturday. Highlights from Day 1 are:
Our top batting performances were:
- Jonathan Moran 101 (U16 White) Vs Kenthurst Upper Hills
- Aditeya Nair with 87 (U15 White) Vs Kenthurst Upper Hills
- Best partnership on the Round was 151* by Josh Wright (60*) & Rishi Bajaj (61*) – U11 Orange Vs Castle Hill RSL Blue
- Dylan Bish (3/7) – U16 Blue Vs WPHC (Gold). Dylan now has an amazing 21 wickets @ just 12.2
After 6 Rounds the standings are below:
- U16s – 1st (Blue), 3rd (White), = 4th (Gold)
- U15s – 4th (Blue), 7th (White)
- U14s – 3rd (White), 5th (Blue)
- U13s – 7th (Red), 8th (Orange), 14th (White)
- U12s – 4th (Purple), 6th (Red), 7th (Blue), 15th (Green), 16th (Orange)
- U11s – 1st (White), 2nd (Green), 3rd (Orange), 5th (Gold), 8th (Red), 10th (Blue)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Our Skills training sessions continue on throughout the season.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 4 December – U11 Gold, Red & White
- 11 December – U10s
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Round 6, Day 2 Highlights
A quiet weekend with all games rain affected. Best performance though came from:
- Tim Scoular (A1) who took 5 wickets on a flat track against the top side.
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.
Champion player points standings as at the end of Round 5 are:
- Dylan Bish (D1) – 99.6
- Andrew Morris (B2) – 86.6
- Brent Larkham (B2) – 84.4
- John Rose (D2) – 59.2
- Indranil Mukherjee (C3) – 56.7
- Ben Kinchington (D2) – 56.5
- Ray Khamis (B2) – 51.4
- Tanay Hira (C2) – 45.5
- Rob Knapman (B2) – 44.1
- Richard Hughes (B2) – 43.7