News – 3 December 2016
Main News items
- The acclaimed HK&HDCA Coaches Association is now taking registrations for the very popular School Holidays clinics – details are below.
- Our Girls Spring season Competition is now closed with the U17s Finals finished last week, the U13s on Saturday and T20 Blast on Friday. Stay tuned for more info on the Summer season starting in January 2017
- Congratulations to our latest high achievers:
- Andrew Meikle (A2) who got his 50th wicket on the weekend
- With Movember coming to an end our Team has now raised $7,111 and is ranked number 221 nationally. Congratulations to the 13 boys who participated in this great cause.
Social Media Manager
Congratulations and a big thank you to Gav Taylor (A1) who has volunteered to be our Social Media manager. Until now this has been done on an ad hoc basis with a number of folk making contributions. Gav will now be managing our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram mediums on our new website that has been built around Social Media capability.
Our Movember Team has now pulled stumps for this year and the boys have raised $7,111 and were ranked 221 nationally. Our 13 participants all were amazing with a special mention to Rob Knapman (C2 Red) who setup our Team plus the boys who raised over $1,000:
- James Makin (A1) – $2,299
- Graham Chivers (Girls) – $1,269
- Ian Digby (C3) – $1,088.
Association School Holiday Clinics
Registrations are now open for the Association Coaches’ Association cricket coaching clinics for boys & girls aged 6 – 15.
These clinics are run by Association Life Member Bruce Wood and are highly recommended. The Coaches’ Association is a not-for-profit organisation and has scheduled 4 junior clinics between 9 and 19 January 2017.
The children get quality coaching in a fun environment and it also gets the kids out of the house and running around – the perfect combination.
The venues are: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara (2 clinics); George Thornton Reserve, WPH; and Curtis Oval, Dundas Park.
The online registration process is easy and can be accessed via – bit.ly/Jan-17-clinics-flyer .
We are going to be running a Club Survey before Christmas across: In2Cricket, Junior Boys, Girls and Seniors. This will be a simple survey that will take a few minutes but will form an important information base to guide the Club Executive in policies and decisions for the next few years. Keep a lookout for more information on this important initiative.
One to lookout for. We are planning a whole Club function for late February / March next year. More information will follow on this one but stay tuned for what is looking like a great night with entertainment, auctions and lots of fun.
Christmas Gift Opportunity
I got an email from one of our long-term past players who has a collection of more than 100 rare Tour books and autobiographies between 1960-2000. This is being offered in one lot, for $200 or the nearest offer.
If you are interested then please give Phill Smith a call, weekdays between 4.00 pm and 6.00 pm on 9875-1786.
T20 Blast (Girls aged 8 to 12 years)
The Spring season finished the spring season on Friday 3 December 2016 at James Henty Oval.
The Summer season will start in late January / early Feb and go through until the end of March. More info will follow on this one.
Saturday afternoon (Girls aged 10 to 16 years)
U13 Spring Season (North)
WPHC Green 7/73 lost to West Ryde Rovers 3/109 – the Girls finished the season in 4th spot. Our top performing players for the Spring Season were:
- Batting – Aliysa Gilbert – 42 wickets @ 8.40
- Bowling – Maeve McAlister – 4 wickets @ 4.50.
Looking forward to seeing the Girls back-up in 2017 for the Summer season.
U17’s – North (Division 1)
The Spring Season finished last weekend and will start up again in 2017 – details to follow.
WPHC Blue Vs Bye – the Blues finished last weekend and lost to Wakehurst Redbacks. The Girls finished the season in 4th place, winning 3 and losing 4 games. Our top performing players for the season were:
- Batting – Anushka Dongre – 114 runs @ 57.00
- Bowling – Abigail Pereira – 6 wickets @ 10.33
Well done on a fabulous season Girls.
U17’s – Upper North (Division 2)
WPHC White 4/70 defeated Gordon/St Ives 4/69 – a good win to finish the season with Abigal Pereira 1/10 and Rhea Saxon with 1/7. Our best batter was Lauren Kua with 11 not out. Best performed for us this season were:
- Batting – Lauren Kua – 139 runs @ 46.33
- Bowling – Lauren Kua – 4 wickets @ 19.75
We start up again in late January / early February for the Summer Competition – more details will follow so keep a watch on the website for details.
WPHC Red 7/119 lost to Abbotsleigh B 6/156 – we went down in the 3rd Vs 4th Final. Best for us was Amy Harkin 34 not out and Ellen Hall who took 2/37. One wicket was taken by Amy, Isabelle McEwan and Nicole Bennett. We finished the season with 3 wins and 2 losses. Our best performed players for the Spring Season were:
Our best players were:
- Batting – Jess Phillips – 109 runs @ 15.57
- Bowling – Sen Ragini – 8 wickets @ 10.63
Day 1 of Round 7 and our bowlers again made the highlights with our top personal performances being:
- 4/4 – Alexander Dunne (U11 Orange) Vs St Ives Wahroonga
- 4/35 – Alex Silins (U15 Gold) Vs Hornsby Berowra
- 3/1 – Neel Jetley (U9 Green) Vs Thornleigh)
- 3/17 – Edward Corby (U15 White) Vs Kenthurst Upper Hills
- 3/20 – Samarth Ganju (U14 White) Vs Normanhurst-Warrawee
Well done fellas.
Just one for the records – our U16 Reds had a long day in the field, going for 6/452 in their game again Normanhurst-Warrawee at Normanhurst Oval. This is the highest score by an opposition against a West Penno side so a day of records.