News – 4 February to 10 February 2018
We are about to run a survey across our Club (In2Cricket, Junior Boys, Girls and Seniors).
This will be a simple survey that will take just a few minutes and provide us with important information to guide us in policies and decisions for the next few years. Survey responses are anonymous and we will provide a summary of the results.
So….stay tuned and your support would be appreciated.
“Bistro WPH” Photo of the Month – January
The Photo of the Month Competition is gearing up with another Photo being chosen to win our Monthly award next week. The prize is a fabulous one – a $50 dinner voucher at Bistro WPH – here
To is easy to enter:
- Just take a photo of anything to do with our Club – Kanga, Girls, Boys and Seniors
- The photo can be of our players batting, bowling or fielding
- Also, we are keen to get any ‘quirky’ photos that are a bit of fun.
Just take a photo and send it to Ross Anderson (here ) with some brief commentary and it is that easy.
$100 Active Kids payment
From 1st February 2018, parents will be able to claim up to $100 per school aged child for a calendar year for help offset the cost of sports registrations. Details are available through the following link: here
Families with children who play winter sports will be able to access the payment as part of their Registration process.
As Cricket registrations were held back in July last year we are waiting on direction from Cricket NSW on the process for our cricketing families.
What is likely to happen is that our cricketers who play winter sports will be able to get the $100 payment when they register. For our children who do not play any winter sports we will have a process in place shortly to make sure you don’t miss out.
The Association is doing some great stuff in developing a strategy for the next 3 – 5 years. While our Club has had a strategy for many years this is a first for the Association. A draft has been produced by our own Andrew Miedler and will be discussed at a workshop to be held on Sunday 25 February between 1.00 pm and 5.00 pm.
The Key Strategic Pillars cover:
- Clubs – need to offer In2Cricket, Juniors Boys and Girls), Senior
- Implemented a senior Women’s Competition
- Legally separate Associations – e.g.; Coaches Rep, Umpires
- Community partnerships with all 3 levels of government
- Succession planning for all Executive positions.
This is all really important and we will update you as this progresses.
Annual Golf Day
The 6th Annual HK&HDCA Golf Championship will be held at the superb Kooindah Waters Course just outside Wyong – just 50 minutes up the M1.
- Day: Friday 2nd March 2018
- Time: 8.15 am for a 9.00 pm kick-off
The event is a Four Ball Ambrose – teams of four players, with each player hitting off at each tee, then the best shot of the four is selected and the four players then play their next shot from that spot.
Just $70.00 per player for 18 holes of golf in carts, a pre-game Breakfast of a Bacon & Egg Roll.
If you do not have a Golf Club Handicap, the Tournament Director will provide you with a generous handicap.
Contact Scott Burrows to here as soon as possible to enter or call him on 0405 546 488 if you have any questions.
Pink Stumps day
Our Annual Pink Stumps Day, run by our U9s, is fast approaching:
- When: Saturday 10 March 2018
- Time: 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
- Where: Edward Bennett Oval (to be confirmed)
The day is a Fund-raiser double-header played between our U9s. Activities are:
- Four games of 10 : 10 overs each (can reduce to 8 overs each if necessary) – Teams will play against each other and the kids are expected to be in their cricket whites;
- Pink caps, sausage sizzle and a can of soft drink to be sold to each member of the team at $12.50 each
- Sale of cup cakes, brownies etc to be sold at $2.00 per piece;
- Pink collection boxes to be placed for donations on the day.
More details are to follow.
Day 2 of latest round was played on the weekend. This part of the Competition is a short one with just another 4 weeks of competition followed by Semi Finals (4th March) and Finals (11 March). For Teams missing out on the Semi’s we play in the Kimbo Cup.
This weekend the outstanding performances are:
- Cameron Tunks (U14 Blue) scored 77*. A few things on this effort:
- Cameron is playing 2 years above his age and is averaging a cool 84.7 with 508 runs
- He is closing in on an U14 season aggregate record with the U14 record held by Steve Cass (569 run in 94/95)
- Selwyn Sweeney (U15 White) took ¾
- Also in the U14s, the Blues had a partnership of 99 between Cam Tunks (75*) and Ritish Manocha (26).
Saturday Competition Points table
The points table after 8 Rounds is:
- U16s – 1st (Blue), =4th (White), =4th (Gold)
- U15s – 5th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14s – 3rd (White), 4th (Blue)
- U13s – 3rd (Red), 7th (Orange), 14th (White)
- U12s – 3rd (Purple), 6th (Red), 7th (Blue), 10th (Green), 16th (Orange)
- U11s – 1st (Orange), 2nd (White), 4th (Green), 6th (Gold),8th (Red), 13th (Blue)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Our Skills training sessions are now in recess and start up again on 5 February 2018.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Summer Competition Registrations
The Summer Season for the T20 Blast and Sixers Competitions starts-up again on 27 January 2018 and runs until 10 March.
Weekend results – Sixers League
WPHC Vs TBA – details to come.
WPHC 4/89 lost to Castle Hill 7/90 – a close game with the Girls just going down. Best for us was Jess Phillips with 18 and in the bowlers Isabella McEwan with 3/8 and Esha Tiwana 2/13 our most successful bowlers.
WPHC 8/57 lost to Castle Hill 62 – another close game with Castle Hill batting first and scoring 62. Wickets were spread with Danielle Chivers (2/8), Lily Campbell (2/2), Khushi Arora (2/9) and Minoli De Silva (1/5) all making good contributions. We came so close, finishing at 8/57 with Minoli being our top scorer with 9 runs.
Best performances from the Round came from:
- Tanay Hiray (C2) took 5/25 which is the best bowling performance in the Association
- For the B2 Blue’s:
- Zac Turner (B2) got the highest score of the Round with 87
- Raghu Chary (B2) got 53 in the same game as Zac
- The boys put on the best partnership in the Association of 109.
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.
Champion player points standings as at the end of Day 1, Round 13:
- Andrew Morris (B2) – 138.1
- Brent Larkham (B2) – 123.1
- Ben Kinchington (D2) – 102.03
- John Rose (D2) – 101.4
- Nick Bennett (A2) – 85.0
- Indranil Mukherjee (C3) – 76.8
- Dan Costigan (A2) – 73.9
- Ben Meikle (B1) – 72.5
- Michael Robertson (A2) – 71.0
- Richard Hughes (C1) – 67.5
After 12 rounds:
- A1 Grade: 8th
- Red 2nd
- Blue 7th
- B1: =4th
- Red 1st
- Blue 8th
- C1: 6th
- C2: =5th
- C3: 3rd
- D1: =4th
- D2: =3rd