News – 5 November to 12 November
One of the ‘Must read’ updates is the latest Bumpty Report that is now loaded. This is an irregular and irreverent view about West Penno cricket and if you wanted any insight into our Club Culture – this is it – unadulterated and amusing. Here is the link – www.wphccc.com.au/ross-a-500/
WPHCCC Cricket Academy
We are excited to be launching our own Cricket Academy starting in late November. It will run for 10 weeks. No other Club offers anything like this and it will be available exclusively to West Penno players.
Who is the Academy intended for?
- All WPHCCC registered players – Boys, Girls of all ages plus Senior players
- Players of all abilities from those new to the game to elite Representative players – the program is adapted to individual skills
- An Individual coaching option is also be available for those players who want to have intensive personal 1 on 1 coaching.
What happens at the Academy
- The Academy will be run over 10 weeks with a Coach / Player ratio of around 1:6
- Academy Registrations will be capped to ensure that every person gets personal focus
- Sessions will be both Outdoor and occasional Indoor sessions depending on weather conditions and availability
- Session numbers will be capped as follows:
- U12 – U13: 18 players
- U14 – U16: 18 players
- 16 years+ / Seniors: 12 players
- Girls: 12 players
- Specialist expert Coaches /strength and conditioning experts will be engaged to ensure an elite experience for all Academy players
- A1 Grade and high level Grade cricketers will provide specialist coaching on a needs basis.
When is the Academy held?
- Day: 29 November
- Ground: most likely Cherrybrook Public School
- U12 – U3 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
- U14 – U15 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm
- 16 years+ / Seniors : 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm
$200 for a 10-week Program. This cost is well below any comparable Cricket Academy Program available – anywhere.
We can do it at this low price as we operate on a not-for-profit basis and our Club subsidises any cost shortfall so that our players can get the best coaching available at very low cost.
How do I register?
Please contact the person for more information and details on next steps:
- Girls – Graham Chivers on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0415 891 004
- Junior Boys – Rob Hanich, email@example.com or 0414 551 546
- Seniors – Ross Anderson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0422 841 169
To help with planning we need please to have Registrations completed by Wednesday 15 November.
Round 4 results
Round 4 was played on the weekend. We will update the scores and provide a brief Match Report by Monday. We are playing the following games:
WPHC drew with Thornleigh Perry – a wet day with no play in this game.
U15 Spring Comp
WPHC drew with PLC – no play due to the wet day at James Henty.
U17 Spring Comp
WPHC 1/50 defeated Ravenswood 8/48 – the U17s won 1/50 over Ravenswood out for 8/48 today with 3 wickets taken by Minoli in an over. Some great bowling all-round from the WPHCCC 17s team despite constant rainy conditions. Amy Harkin and Lauren were a great double act holding their own for 9 overs.
Registrations remain open all season but to play in the same Team as your friends please don’t delay registering. Once registered, you are guaranteed a game and in the Team of your choice.
Our Juniors played Day 2 of Round 4 on Saturday. After the achievements from last week this was a quiet day with no significant personal achievements with results well spread across the Teams.
After 4 Rounds the standings are below:
- U16s – 2nd (Blue), 3rd (White), 5th (Gold)
- U15s – 5th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14s – 4th (Blue), 5th (White)
- U13s – 4th (Red), 9th (Orange), 13th (White)
- U12s – 3rd (Purple), 5th (Blue), 6th (Red), 10th (Orange), 18th (Green)
- U11s – 1st (Gold), 2nd (Green), 3rd (White), 4th (Orange), 7th (Blue), 11th (Red).
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Our Skills training sessions continue on throughout the season.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 6 November – U13s
- 13 November – U12 Blue, Green & Orange
- 20 November – U12 Purple, Red & Girls
- 27 November – U11 Blue, Green & Orange
- 4 December – U11 Gold, Red & White
- 11 December – U10s
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Match Reports have been updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
What a crazy weekend with 4 washouts and some crazy results in the other games. There are many highlights and the Anecdotes section has these in more detail:
- B2 Red:
- Tony Mandile brought up his 2,000 career runs
- Eric Junkkari scored his career 5,000 runs in his record B2 6th wicket partnership of 248
- Brent Larkham scored 200* to be just our 6th ton in history
- This 6th wicket partnership is a Club and Association B2 record
- Tons were scored by:
- John Rose (D2) 113 (our 468th ton)
- Ben Kinchington (D2) 104* (our 469th ton
- This D2 partnership of 214 was a Club D2 record
Check out the Anecdotes section for more details.
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season top run scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.