News – April 2018
With the 2017/18 season now over we go into the winter break. Throughout the off-season the website will be regularly updated as Club and Association News is known. So keep a regular lookout for updates.
We now look forward to the start of our 88th season in 2018/19. Key dates to look forward to are:
- Seniors Presentation Night – Friday 4 May 2018
- Registration Day – Sunday 29th July
- 1st Seniors training – Saturday 4th August
- 1st Game:
- Junior Boys – Saturday 8th September
- Seniors – Saturday 8th September
- Girls – Saturday 6th October (dates to be confirmed)
- Kanga – Saturday 6th October (dates to be confirmed).
The website will be updated regularly throughout the off-season so check it out regularly to find out what is coming up.
Congratulations to our Premiers & Runners-up
With Seniors finishing their Grand Finals on Sunday (18 March) congratulations to our Premiers and Runners-up for this season:
- Premiers – D2
- Runners-up – B2 (Red)
- U11 Orange
- U12 Red
- U16 Gold
- Runners-up – U11 Purple
Thanks to everyone who played, volunteered and supported our Teams this season. The website will be updated regularly during the off-season so check-in frequently to keep in touch with how next season is progressing – our 87th season.
Pink Stumps Day wrap-up
Congratulations to Ratna Siva and his U9 Team for raising just on $9,000 for the McGrath Foundation. Tracey Bevan, who heads-up the McGrath Foundation, has sent us a special YouTube thank you note. This can be viewed on – here
To quote Tracey:
“We are enormously grateful to you and everyone else involved for giving your time so generously to hold a Pink Stumps Day, so from the bottom our hearts thank you very much. With your help, our 119 McGrath Breast Care Nurses all across Australia will be able to continue changing lives of Australians experiencing breast cancer.”
For the record we have raised the following amounts since 2010/11:
- 2010/11 – $1,900
- 2011/12 – $1,000
- 2012/13 – $5,000
- 2013/14 – $6,000
- 2014/15 – $6,800
- 2015/16 – $2,000
- 2016/17 – $6,000 (includes $2,000 raised at Armidale)
- 2017/18 – $9,000
- TOTAL – $37,700
Greenway Park Community Centre Development
Through the combined effort of all the local sporting groups that use Greenway Park (AFL, Baseball, Cricket, Little A’s and Rugby League) we are well on the way to having a $3.6m Community facility built on the grass bank between Greenway Park 1 and 2 Ovals. It will be a large facility with a veranda on both sides, open community space and meeting rooms, undercover storage for gear and a Display area for Trophies and Awards. Players and supporters will be able to sit on the verandah and watch the games.
Julian Leeser, our Local Federal Member, has been a great supporter and is actively pushing this initiative.
We need to be able to show Community support for this initiative and this is as simple as completing an online petition. The link is attached here
Our goal is to reach 1,500 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:
Rising Stars off-season Coaching Program (U12 to U15)
This Rising Stars Coaching Program is expected to be in high demand again this year, after our similar Specialist Coaching Program sold out in advance in 2015, 2016 & 2017, with great feedback. Checkout the following link: here
- When – Sunday: 29 April, 20 May, 3 June, 24 June
- Time – 9.30 to 2.30 pm with dedicated sessions on pace bowling, batting, spin and w/k
- Cost – $120 for a specialist skill (e.g.; batting); $200 for 2 skills (e.g.; batting and spin bowling)
Who is this aimed at?
These are advanced coaching sessions for Girls and Boys at Representative standard and stronger Club players.
You can register online and choose which coaching sessions you would like your child. The link is – here
The Coaches’ Association has built up an excellent reputation for delivering quality coaching programs with experienced coaches and small Coach/Player ratios, which provide more individual coaching.
The Coaches’ Association will also be conducting a separate Junior Rising Stars coaching program for U/9 – U/11 players (details will be finalised and distributed shortly).
Congratulations to our Junior Premiers who played on Sunday 11 March:
- U11 Orange
- U12 Purple
- U16 Gold
Congratulations also to the U12 Red Team who were Runner up to the Purple Team.
Presentation Day – major Award winners
Congratulations to our major award winners this Season:
- John Coulthard (Junior Player of the Year) Trophy – Dylan Bish
- Charles Booth Memorial Award – James Stuart-Gray
- Ross Anderson Trophy (U11 Rising Star) – Blake Morrison
- Volunteer of the Year:
- U8 to U11 – Ratna Siva
- U12 to U16 – Andrew Morris
Well done and thank you to each of these folk who have achieved great things this year and in the case of our Volunteers, over many years.
The cricket season will startup again in early July and we are again looking at entering Teams in the U13, U15 and U17 Age Divisions. We are also looking at running a T20 Blast competition. More will follow on this as information becomes available.
Congratulations to our Girls selected in the Association Peden (U15) and Mollie Dive (U13) Rep sides. Well done to our selected players:
- Danielle Chivers
- Tuvini Jayakody
- Grace Keane
- Ragini Sen
- Esha Tiwana
- Amy Hale (Reserve)
Mollie Dive squad
- Sahana Anand
- Aliya Colburt
- Sofia Culus
- Aadya Jaiswal
- Olivia Lownds
- Caelan Meredith
- Trinity Newbury
Congratulations to our Award winners that were presented on Saturday 24 March 2018:
- Lisa Sthalekar Award (Player of the Year) – Lily Campbell
- Volunteer of the Year – Mal Hall
- Batting – Lily Campbell (148 runs @ 24.7)
- Bowling – Minoli De Silva (9 wickets 14.7)
- Team award – Amy Harkin & Danielle Chivers
- Batting – Esha Tiwana (160 runs @ 53.3)
- Bowling – Amy Hale (8 wickets @ 13.25)
- Team award – Jess Phillips
- Batting – Tuvini Jayakody (91 runs @ 45.5)
- Bowling – Aliya Colbert (10 wickets @ 6.5)
- Team award – Trinity Newbury.
Congratulations to our B2 Red and D2 sides who played in the Grand Final on 17th and 18th March 2018.
- B2 (Red) lost to Normanhurst-Warrawee
- D2 defeated Vs Hornsby to win our first D2 competition since 2006/07.
One for the diaries
Our Seniors Presentation Night is now locked in:
- When: Friday 4 May 2018
- Where: Castle Hill RSL
- Cost: $50 / head
- Time: 7.30 pm to whenever.
We are back at Castle Hill RSL so it promises to be a big night. Everyone is welcome to come along – players, partners, parents and grand-parents.
Next steps – our Captains will contact everyone by 20th April for a firm commitment so stay tuned for more information on this one.
Points standings as at the end of the season are.
- Andrew Morris (B2) – 175.1
- Brent Larkham (B2) – 148.2
- Ben Kinchington (D2) – 127.2
- John Rose (D2) – 111.0
- Tanay Hira (A2) – 97.1
- Nick Bennett (A2) – 96.2
- Indranil Mukherjee (C3) – 94.1
- Manu Verma (C3) – 92.5
- Dan Costigan (A2) – 91.5
- Ben Meikle (B1) – 90.5