News – 1 December 2019
Dates for the calendar
- T20 senior GF – 8th December 2019
- Christmas / New Year break:
- Juniors – 14th December. Start back 1st February
- Seniors – 21st December. Start back 11th January
- Junior Semi Finals – 8th March 2020
- Junior Grand Finals – 15th March
- Senior Semi Finals – 7th & 14th March
- Senior Grand Final – 21st & 22nd March
School Holiday Coaching Clinics
The renowned HK&HDCA Coaches’ Association has scheduled three more school holiday cricket clinics in January 2020. This program is recommended. It fills quickly so please get in fast.
Led by experienced coaches, Rod Hokin (Cricket Australia – Level 3 Accredited) will provide a fantastic experience for all the junior players. A few details:
- Who can attend – boys and girls aged from 6 – 14 years of standards from beginners to representative level players
- Where & When:
- Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Wednesday 8th & Thursday 9th January 2020
- Wednesday 22nd & Thursday 23rd January
- Normanhurst Oval:
- Thursday 16th & Friday 17th January 2020
- Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Time – 8.30 am to 2.00 pm
- Cost – $120 / Clinic or $170 for 2 clinics. Fees are at cost recovery as the Coaches Association is a not for profit organisation.
- Registration – please refer to the attachment. History tells us though to get in quickly as spaces do fill up.
See flyer – here
Helmet PolicyCricket Australia and Cricket NSW have recently sent communication regarding the wearing of helmets when:
- Batting against medium to fast bowlers
- Keeping up to the stumps
- Fielding close to the bat
HK&HDCA strongly recommend that all players follow the Cricket Australia helmet policy. This should only be an issue for Seniors as the wearing of helmets in Juniors is compulsory.
Refer to the CA website for details: here
T20 Grand Finals
Our Grand Finalists 1st Grade (A2 Red) & 5th Grade (D1) play the Grand Final on Sunday 8th December. Details have yet to be advised but what we do know is:
- 1st Grade (A2 – Andy) Vs Berowra (A1)
- 5th Grade (Rob) Vs Glenorie District
Details about grounds and times will follow once known.
Girls-only Master Blaster
The Girls-only Master Blaster run at Thornleigh Oval on Friday nights has now gone into recess over Christmas / New Year. This has been a fantastic success with 14 of our Girls combining with Girls from Normanhurst, Thornleigh, Castle Hill to play Twilight games.
WPHC (Annetts) 4/131 defeated Thornleigh
WPHC (Stalakher) 3/100 lost to Normanhurst-Warrawee
WPHC (Stalakher) – 4th
WPHC (Annetts) – 5th
WPHC (Perry) 3/102 defeated Castle Hill 100
WPHC (Healy) Vs Thornleigh – scores not yet available
WPHC (Healy) – 1st
WPHC (Perry) – 3rd
After the current Round (30th November) are:
- 91* – Josh Wright (U15/16) Vs Oakhill College
- 76 – Andrew Murdoch (U15/16) Vs Castle Hill
- 54* – Aryan Tyagi (U15/16) Vs Berowra
- 4/20 – Oscar Irwin (U15/16) Vs Castle Hill @ Fred Caterson 2
- 3/0 – William Hurst U12s) Vs Berowra
- 3/4 – Eamon Macauley (U13s) Vs Beecroft
After the latest Round (8), our Team standings are:
- U15 & U16s – Orange =1st (1st on quotient); Blue 5th; Red =9th (9th); White =9th (10th)
- U14s – Red 2nd; Purple 3rd; Orange =6th (7th); Blue 8th ; Green 9th
- U13s – Green =6th; Red =6th (7th); Blue; 10th; White 11th
- U12s – Blue =3rd (4th); Green 6th ; Orange 16th; Red =18th (18th); Gold =18th (19th)
- U11s – Blue 2nd; Orange =6th (7th); Gold 8th; Red 12th; Green =13th (14th)
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated.
Seniors (All Age)
Round 7 (Day 1) highlights:
- 200 wickets – a great personal achievement for Chris Williamson (B1). This puts Chris at number 42 in our highest wicket-takers of all time.
- 100 wickets – another great personal achievement with Amit Sen (C2) taking his 100th wicket.
- How about our mighty top of the table C3 side with successive scores of: 336, 291 & 300
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Match Reports of every game are on the Match Report section of the website.
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk.
After 6 Rounds, Team standings follow:
- A1 – 5th
- Red (Andy) – =3rd (3rd)
- Blue (Gunny) – 1st
- B1 – 4th
- B2 – =5th (5th on quotient)
- Red (Phill) –= 1st (2nd)
- Blue (Fieds) – 7th
- C2 – =4th (4th)
- C3 – 1st
- Red (Diggers) – 5th
- Blue (Rob) – 8th
- D2 – – =1st (1st)