News – 26 March 2023
Thank you for 2022-23
With the Juniors Presentation Day (18 March) and Seniors Grand Finals (18th & 19th March) now completed the 2022-23 season is over. Thank you to all of our players, parents and supporters for being part of a great season.
- Girls Mental Health workshop – Tuesday 2nd May @ WPH Sports Club
- Seniors Presentation Night – Friday 5th May
- Annual General Meeting – Wednesday 28th June (to be confirmed)
- Association Presentations – July (date to be confirmed)
- Club Registrations open for 2023-24 season – Sunday 25th June 2023
- Seniors pre-season training starts – Saturday 29th July 2023
- 2023-24 Season start – Saturday 9th September
Keep a look out on the website so that you can keep in touch with major news during the off-season.
Pink Stumps Day
We held our annual Pink Stumps Day fundraising at the Juniors Presentation and raised an amazing $4,756.12. When combined with the $2,091 raised at the Girls Festival of Cricket we raised a total of $6,847.12 for the McGrath Foundation. Since we started this initiative in 2010/11 we have raised $55,823!
A big thank you to everyone involved and especially to Neera Kaur (U10 Red Manager) who got such great support from the Cherrybrook Village Shopping centre. Also to Paul Keating and his U8’s/U9’s for running the BBQ and everyone else that chipped in and helped throughout the day.
Divi Home Loans – Sponsorship
Divi Home Loans, a valued Club Sponsor, offers a service that in the current interest rate environment has the potential to save our members many significant savings on their home loan.
Divi has a business model that supports Sporting Clubs and especially Community based Clubs. If a Club Member finances or refinances a home loan through Divi, they will:
- Help the family refinance to the best rate available for them from over 35 different lenders
- Pay or refund the family’s sports fees for the season
- Pay the Club a percentage of the loan for the lifetime of the loan
- Review the family’s loan every 12 months to ensure it’s still the best available for them.
We encourage all our members to consider having a discussion with Sam Ryan of Divi with the potential that our people could make significant savings on their monthly outlays.
- Contact Sam Ryan on 0411 019 963 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Divi Home Loans
Every 2 years we run a Club-wide Survey to identify what we do well, what needs improvement and to capture thoughts on what we need to build into our future strategies. Covid-19 caused the survey due last season to be deferred but we can now run the Survey after a ‘normal’ season.
All replies are anonymous and all input is valued so once you get the link then please spend 3-4 minutes to respond and help make a difference.
Looking ahead – next season
With the departure of some key people from our Leadership Team an important gap that needs to be filled is our Yearbook co-ordinator.
All the input is provided by our Directors of Blowfly, Junior Blasters, Juniors Mixed, Girls and Seniors. The role we need filled is to consolidate the info and work with the printers to get the final copy. To quote Buzz Burrows, our Juniors Director:
“…the process is straightforward and takes a dedicated soul to put in some time to work with the printer, who I believe are happy to walk the new incumbent through step by step.”
If you would like an opportunity of giving back to our Club and making a difference your contribution would be much appreciated.
If interested then please contact Steve Burrows direct on Juniors email or 0478 965 255.
Coaches Association – Cricket Clinic
The renowned Coaches Association has scheduled another Cricket Clinic in April. Details are:
- When: Wednesday 12th & Thursday 13th April
- Where: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Time: 8.30 am to 2.00 pm each day
- Who can attend: Boys & Girls aged 6 to 14 years from all standards
- Cost: $145 with a $25 discount for each sibling who registers.
We thoroughly recommend this Clinic that is run on a not-for-profit basis. During the past 13 years, HK&HDCCA has conducted 70 successful school holiday junior cricket clinics.
The following link provides all the details – Coaches Association link
Online registrations can be made via this link – Register here
Registration and trial details for the mixed teams closed on Sunday 12th March 2023.
The HK&HDCA is seeking Expressions of Interest for Girls who are interested to play Representative Cricket for the U13 and U15 age Groups.
If CNSW follows the same playing schedule as 2022/23:
- U15 Margaret Peden Shield will be played mainly on Weekdays during December – January, and;
- U13 Mollie Dive on Sundays during December – February.
A player’s age group is determined by their age on 31 August 2023.
- All players wishing to register outside the above qualifications must contact the Representative Secretary. Specialized skill training will resume from July\August on weekends for all registered players. From these sessions, U13 & U15 Teams will be selected by November.
- If you are interested to play Representative Cricket for HK&HDCA and are available on the above Dates, we invite you to register below.
- All Training and Games are Compulsory.
- Details regarding Registration and Clothing Fees will be provided before Off-Season training.
- Please complete the registration process at Register here
Cricket Australia & CNSW
CNSW Girls mental health workshop
Cricket NSW is organising free workshops on mental health for girls aged 13-15.
What does it take to be the best you can be – a mental health workshop for our female cricketer
You’re invited to attend a free workshop designed specifically for our U15 female players. The target group is girls aged 13-15. Each 2-hour workshop is delivered by Alan Mantle, a Sport Psychology Consultant – Enhancement Performance
These interactive workshop will cover the areas of mental health in sport including motivation, goal setting, self-belief, concentration, and anxiety control.
You’ll also be provided with tools you can use in everyday situations. Light refreshments will be provided for each group too.
We have a workshop in our own backyard:
- When: Tuesday 2nd May
- Where: WPH Sports Club
- Time: 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Apply for your place at one of these workshops in the link below. Closing date to Wed 8th March. We’ll notify every one of their successful date – Register here
Blowfly Cricket is now finished for the season. To find out more about Blowfy cricket for next season checkout the website –Blowfly cricket
What if I need more information?
Please contact Bill Peterkin at here
How do Register?
You can register and pay online through the following link. Register | PlayHQ
Channel 10 – The Project story
Check out the News report on Channel’s 10 ‘The Project’ –Blowfly TV item from about 1:43 secs.
Checkout the great message from one of our West Penno Alumni – Lisa Stahlekar – all the way from the Women’s IPL. Lisa played all her Junior Cricket (U10s to U16s) with West Penno and has a message for our Girls players as we head into the last games of the season this weekend – Lisa Sthalekar message
Please refer above.
There are 4 x formats for Girls and the details are below:
- Junior Blasters – girls & boys aged 5 to 7 years of age – Saturday morning
- Stage 1(a) – Master Blasters (Girls Only who are new to cricket)
- Stage 1 (b) Sixers Girls Cricket – Saturday afternoon (1.00 pm) Stages 2 & 3 – Sixers Girls Cricket League – Saturday afternoon
Check out full details, including how to register then go to the following link – Girls cricket home page
Stage 1 (U11)
10.30 am game (Junior)
- WPHC (Gardner) Vs Bye
1.00 pm game (Senior) – Cup Semi Final
- WPHC (Barty) 82 lost to Kissing Point Girls – 156
Stage 2 (U13) – Cup Semi Finals
- WPHC (Darlington) 8/69 lost to North Sydney Perry 3/95
- WPHC (Thomas) lost to North Sydney Gardner
Stage 3 (U17) – Cup Grand Final
- WPHC (Learoyd) 4/99 defeated Mosman Lanning 5/70
After 18 Rounds, the final status is:
- Gardner (8th) – Saturday morning
- Barty (7th ) – Saturday afternoon
- Darlington (7th); Thomas (8th);
- Learoyd (7th)
Congratulations to our major Award winners that were announced at the Juniors Mixed Presentation Day on Saturday (18th March 2023):
- Junior Player of the Year (John Coulthard Trophy) – Aayush Kumar (U15 White) 401 runs @ 30.8 & 15 wickets @ 14.2
- Charles Booth Award (13) – Harry Whitehouse
- Outstanding U11 Junior Player (Ross Anderson Award) – Raghav Sharma
- Junior Volunteer Award:
- U8 to U11 – Rosh Naran
- U12 to U17 – Faisal Mukhtar
- Girls – Minoli De Silva
- Junior Girls Player of the Year (Tina McPherson Award) – Khushi Dhamija
- Senior Girls Player of the Year (Lisa Sthalekar Award) – Mackenzie Ryle
Congratulations to our Premier and Runners-up:
U15 – Premiers
WPHC Blue (1st) 4/92 defeated Castle Hill Green 88
U14 – Runners-up
WPHC Blue (1st) 78 lost to Normanhurst-Warrawee (2nd)
U13 – Runners-up
WPHC Orange (1st – Hazlewood Comp) 5/107 lost to Kissing Point White (1st – Starc Comp) 1/110
U12 – Runners-up
WPHC Red (2nd) 8/110 lost to Pennant Hills / Beecroft (1st) 8/113.
The Final Competition points table is:
- U16/17: White (=1st ); Red (3rd)
- U15: Blue (2nd), Green (4th);
- U14: Blue (1st); Red (5th); Gold (6th);
- Hazlewood – Orange (1st); Red (8th)
- Starc – Purple (2nd ); Gold (6th); Blue (8th),
- U12: Red (2nd); Gold (4th); Purple (9th); Blue (11th); Green (14h)
- U11: No competition tables available (6 Teams)
- U10: No competition tables available (6 Teams)
- U9: No competition (4 Teams)
- U8: No competition (5 teams)
Well done to all Teams and a special mention to our 3 x Minor Premiers and 7 x Teams making it through to the Semis.
Pencil the date in for our ‘Night of Nights’. Details are:
- When: Friday 5th May 2023
- Where: Castle Hill Sports Club
- Time: 7.30 pm
- Cost: TBA
Details to be provided as more details are available.
Congratulations to all Teams who played Seniors this season. A special congratulations to our Premiers & Runners-up:
B2 (Todd) 176 defeated Mt Colah 144
- A1 (Cameron) 150 lost to Berowra 192
- A2 (Campbell) 122 & 4/59 lost to St Ives Wahroonga 186
- C3 Red (Cameron) 134 lost to St Ives Wahroonga 157
Check out the Season and Milestone achievements summary on the website Home page for major personal achievements.