Match Reports – Semi Finals (Day 2) – 18th March 2017
Grand Final details
The Association has released the venues for the Grand Finals this weekend. Details are:
- A1 Grade Vs Berowra – Berowra Oval starting time at 11.00 am
- B1 Vs Hornsby – Storey Park (11.00 am)
- B2 Vs SKLPS – Kenthurst Park (11.00 am)
- C1 Vs Normanhurst –Warrawee – Roseville Oval (12.00 noon)
- C3 Vs Castle Hill RSL – Francesco Crescent Reserve (12.00 noon).
More details will be available on the website as they become available.
Day 2 of the Semi Finals was played on the weekend and with no play there aren’t any highlights to call-out other than that our 5 higher placed Teams made it through to the Grand Final next weekend. Congratulations to:
The photo is of Campbell Park as it is rarely seen – under water after a week of rain. It was taken on Saturday 18 March 2017.
Seniors Match Reports
WPHC 227 drew with St Ives 2/36 – with Parklands Oval closed after a week of rain the match ended in a draw. We would liked to have finished the job and given our bowlers a workout but not to be. We now go through to the Grand Final against the Minor Premier, Berowra for a chance of winning our 5th Rofie in 6 season. Good luck boys.
WPHC 3/2 drew with Kenthurst 192 – what a shame but probably expected as we have only played 1 week out of the last 6 due to weather. A week of heavy rain wiped out any chance of the boys getting on. Although we had lost 3 wickets overnight these were our tailenders and we batting had strength to come but what might have been. As we finished 3rd this is the end of what has been a very successful season. Well done fellas.
WPHC 1/24 drew with Glenorie 122 – not a ball was bowled on Day 2 of the Semi. We will now play 1st placed Hornsby next weekend in the Grand Final.
WPHC 9/159 drew with ARL – probably the only game that got underway with 4 overs being bowled before the washout. We will now play SKLPS who won the Minor Premiership next weekend.
WPHC 4/150 drew with Sydney Lions – no play on Saturday so as Minor Premier we go through to the Grand Final next weekend against 2nd placed Normanhurst-Warrawee.
WPHC 146 drew with Hornsby 6/25 – with Day 2 washed our boys as Minor Premiers go through to the Grand Final against 3rd placed Castle Hill.
WPHC 110 drew with St Ives 2/15 – what might have been. After a Day 2 washout we missed out on progressing to the big one next weekend so our season is now over after what promised so much.
WPHC 1/14 drew with St Ives 9/151 – another game washed out without a ball being bowled. As we came 4th this brings our season to an end but with a lot to look forward to next season.
Last Premiership wins
And then there were 5. Our Teams playing in the Grand Final are:
- A1 Grade – 2014/15 (Captain – James Makin) – finished 2nd
- B1 – 2013/14 (Rick Turner) – 2nd
- B2 – 2014/15 (Justin Paterson) – 2nd
- C1 – 2015/16 (Andrew Fiedler) – 1st
- C3 – 2013/14 (Brett Hawkins) – 1st
The following information is on our top fielding performances as at the end of Day 2 of the Semi Finals:
Top 5 fielders
- Riley Behlevanas (C2 Blue) – 19 (plus 2 w/k)
- Tarun Lath (C3) – 15 catches
- Stanton Tam (C1) – 13
- James McBrien (A2) – 10
- Brent Larkham (C2 Red) – 10
Top 3 wicket-keepers
- Joel Behlevanas (C2 Blue) – 15 catches + 2 stumpings + 3 as a non-keeper
- Gautam Ayyar (C3) – 17 catches + 4 as a non-keeper
- Nick Bennett (A1) – 14 catches + 1 as a non-keeper
- Andrew Morris (C2 Red) – 134.4 points
- Dan Costigan (A2) – 101.1
- Ashane de Silva (B1) – 95.2
- Perry Waldron (C3) – 87.6
- Joel Behlevanas (C2 Blue) – 84.5