News – 1 October to 8 October
With Daylight savings now in place, Seniors training has started. We have the Sports Club nets booked as follows:
- Where: WPH Sports Club
- Time: 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
With no Junior matches on next Saturday, 7th October 2017, there is a one-day match scheduled for all Grades. As the grounds are available, they have scheduled the matches to commence at 12:00 noon as they do over the Christmas/New Year holidays, it will be back to 1:00pm after that.
So please note that all games, for this match only, start at noon.
Kanga starts on Saturday 7th October. This year the children are playing at Thomas Thomson Oval as Edward Bennett Oval is out of action due to major ground works.
You can still Register so if you know someone who wants to play Cricket then just go into the website and register to play – it is that easy.
- T20 Blast – Friday 13th October
- Sixers (T20) – Saturday 14th October.
Registrations remain open all season but to play in the same Team as your friends please don’t delay registering. Once registered, you are guaranteed a game and in the Team of your choice.
Photo of the Month
The new Bistro WPH at the Sports Club is sponsoring us this season for our popular ‘Photo of the Month’ Competition.
Bistro WPH have kindly offered us Dinner vouchers to the value of $50 each Month for the best photo to use in the bistro – here . Every photo goes on the website and a selection of these go into our Annual Yearbook.
To enter it is simple:
- Just take a photo of anything to do with our Club – Kanga, Girls, Boys and Seniors
- The photo can be of our players batting, bowling or fielding
- Also, we are keen to get any ‘quirky’ photos that are a bit of fun.
Our Photo Gallery is a bit like a family photo album so the more variety the better.
Just take a photo and send it to Ross Anderson (here ) with some brief commentary and it is that easy.
Our Skills training sessions start next week. These are free sessions with our talented Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 16 October – Girls
- 23 October – U16s
- 30 October – U15s & U14s
- 6 November – U13s
- 13 November – U12 Blue, Green & Orange
- 20 November – U12 Purple, Red & Girls
- 27 November – U11 Blue, Green & Orange
- 4 December – U11 Gold, Red & White
- 11 December – U10s
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Our Juniors played their last game before the School Holidays break last weekend. Outstanding performances were:
- Zac Morris (U16 Blue) 100* Vs Glenorie District
- Akith Ekanayake (U11 White) 4/14, Vs WPHC U11 Red
- Andrew Cooper (U16 Blue) 4/19 Vs Glenorie District
Well done fellas.
The Juniors are now on holidays until they resume on 14 October 2017.
After just 2 Rounds the standings are:
- U16s – 2nd (Gold), 3rd (Blue), (6th (White)
- U15s – =4th (Blue), =4th (White)
- U14s – = 4th (White), =4th (Blue)
- U13s – 7th (White), =12th (Orange & White)
- U12s – =1st (Blue), =6th (Purple & Red), 14th (Orange), 18th (Green)
- U11s – =1st (Orange, White, Green & Gold), 11th (Blue), 12th (Red)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
A message from our Seniors Director
After our massive weekend with 60 players unavailable due to sickness, Community Festivals, long weekends and Football GF’s Steve Quanborough wanted his thoughts added to the website:
“A quick note to say how pleasing it has been to see such performances and spirit in Round 1 after the move to have 6 teams in the top 4 grades in the HK&HDCA this season. Some have moved up 1, 2 and even 3 grades from where they expected to play and as a seniors playing group you are to be applauded.
Best of luck in R2.”
Match Reports from the weekend Rounds are updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
T20 Semi Finals
Congratulations to the following T20 teams who have made it through to the Semi’s to be played on Sunday 8th October:
- T20 2nd Grade Blue (4th) – A2
- T20 3rd Grade Red (1st) – B2
- T20 4th Grade (4th) – C2
The Association will confirm details shortly.
Personal Milestone achievements
We have had a big couple of week. Congratulations to the following great achievements
- Indranil Mukherjee (C3) who scored his 1,000th run against Glenorie last weekend
- Andrew Morris (B2 Red) scored his 3rd ton and our 461st with his 101
- John Rose (D2) scored 102 – our 462nd ton
- Ron Knapman (B2 Blue) took his 100th wicket.
Well done boys.