News – 10 December 2016
Main News items
- Our new website will be ready to go later this week – there will be more information on this shortly. So this is the last week the current website will be used.
- The annual Association Golf Day (4-Ball Ambrose) is on again – 17 February at Kooindah Waters Resort at Wyong – details are below.
- The acclaimed HK&HDCA Coaches Association is now taking registrations for the very popular School Holidays clinics – details are below.
- Our Girls Spring season Competition is now finished for the holidays. More info on the Summer season starting in January 2017 will follow shortly.
- Congratulations to our latest high achievers who both took their 100th wicket:
- Rick Turner (B2)
- Cameron McBrien (B1).
Our new website will be available later this week – we will get a Facebook note out with the details shortly. Some interesting details on the history of our websites (there have been 2 since 1998) is in the Anecdotes. A callout though to Peter W Lees who built, developed and maintained the current website for 14 years that involved over a thousand of hours of volunteer work. Thank you Peter for an amazing effort.
Thank you also to Andrew Fiedler who has driven the new website development with many long hours late into the night to get this ready to go. Well done fellas and a huge thank you.
Association Golf Day – 17 February 2017
It’s on again this year – the Annual Association Golf Day at Kooindah Waters Resort and Spa – just outside Wyong – 50 minutes up the M1. The Golf Day is on 17 February 2017.
This is a 4-Ball Ambrose – just $68 / player. Tee-off time is between 8.15 am and 9.00 am. This is open to Individuals and Teams (3 or 4 players).
If you are interested in giving it a go then contact Geoff Hasler on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0412 871 816.
Association School Holiday Clinics
Registrations are now open for the Association Coaches’ Association cricket coaching clinics for boys & girls aged 6 – 15.
These clinics are run by Association Life Member Bruce Wood and are highly recommended. The Coaches’ Association is a not-for-profit organisation and has scheduled 4 junior clinics between 9 and 19 January 2017. Numbers are capped to keep the Coach / Participant ratio low so registrations close once the cap is reached.
The children get quality coaching in a fun environment and it also gets the kids out of the house and running around – the perfect combination.
The venues are: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara (2 clinics); George Thornton Reserve, WPH; and Curtis Oval, Dundas Park.
The online registration process is easy and can be accessed via – bit.ly/Jan-17-clinics-flyer .
T20 Blast (Girls aged 8 to 12 years)
The Spring season finished the spring season on Friday 3 December 2016 at James Henty Oval.
The Summer season will start in late January / early Feb and go through until the end of March. More info will follow on this one.
Saturday afternoon (Girls aged 10 to 16 years)
U13 Spring Season (North)
WPHC Green 7/73 lost to West Ryde Rovers 3/109 – the Girls finished the season in 4th spot. Our top performing players for the Spring Season were:
- Batting – Aliysa Gilbert – 42 wickets @ 8.40
- Bowling – Maeve McAlister – 4 wickets @ 4.50.
Looking forward to seeing the Girls back-up in 2017 for the Summer season.
U17’s – North (Division 1)
The Spring Season finished last weekend and will start up again in 2017 – details to follow.
WPHC Blue Vs Bye – the Blues finished last weekend and lost to Wakehurst Redbacks. The Girls finished the season in 4th place, winning 3 and losing 4 games. Our top performing players for the season were:
- Batting – Anushka Dongre – 114 runs @ 57.00
- Bowling – Abigail Pereira – 6 wickets @ 10.33
Well done on a fabulous season Girls.
U17’s – Upper North (Division 2)
WPHC White 4/70 defeated Gordon/St Ives 4/69 – a good win to finish the season with Abigal Pereira 1/10 and Rhea Saxon with 1/7. Our best batter was Lauren Kua with 11 not out. Best performed for us this season were:
- Batting – Lauren Kua – 139 runs @ 46.33
- Bowling – Lauren Kua – 4 wickets @ 19.75
We start up again in late January / early February for the Summer Competition – more details will follow so keep a watch on the website for details.
WPHC Red 7/119 lost to Abbotsleigh B 6/156 – we went down in the 3rd Vs 4th Final. Best for us was Amy Harkin 34 not out and Ellen Hall who took 2/37. One wicket was taken by Amy, Isabelle McEwan and Nicole Bennett. We finished the season with 3 wins and 2 losses. Our best performed players for the Spring Season were:
Our best players were:
- Batting – Jess Phillips – 109 runs @ 15.57
- Bowling – Sen Ragini – 8 wickets @ 10.63
Day 2 of Round 7 and the best performances for the weekend were:
- 55 retired – Riley Bower (U13 Blue) Vs WPHC Red
- 5/4 – Alexander Dunne (U11 Orange) Vs St Ives Wahroonga
- 4/14 – Shaan Bakshi (U13 White) Vs Castle Hill RSL
- 4/24 – Jonathan Moran (U14 White) Vs Kenthurst Upper Hills
- 4/35 – Alec Silins (U15 Gold) Vs Hornsby.
Also well done to Selwyn Sweeney (45) and Alastair Fullerton (59) who put on an opening stand of 122 for the U13 Gold’s Vs Redfield.
Another great partnership of 96 in the U12s between Cameron Orpen (32) and Cameron Tunks (50 retired) for our Green’s Vs Redfield.
Well done fellas.