News – 11th to 19th February 2017
Extreme temperatures this weekend – all games cancelled
This coming weekend has predicted temperatures of over 40 degrees. At the time of writing (Friday 10 Feb –10.00 pm) all games have been cancelled across Kanga, Girls, Juniors and Seniors. Details are below:
Status update (10.00 pm Friday)
Kanga – All games cancelled for the weekend.
Girls – CNSW has cancelled all games this weekend.
Juniors – all games have been abandoned. The results achieved as at the end of last week will stand.
Seniors – the Association has cancelled all Senior games for this week with all matches to be played as a 1-Dayer next Saturday.
All Club Social Function
Our end of season Social function scheduled for Saturday 4 March is now being held over to next season – most likely in early / mid November. This is because of the closeness to the end of season and the busy schedule of people trying to balance cricket and approaching football commitments.
With the season now into his final leg, the key dates to look out for are:
- End of season:
- Juniors Semi Finals and Kimbo Cup – Saturday 4 March
- Kanga last day and Presentations – 4 March
- Girls last day – 25th February followed by Semi’s and Finals
- Seniors – 4 March followed by Semi’s (11th & 18th March) and Final (25th & 26th March)
- Juniors Presentation Day – 19 March 2017
- Seniors Presentation Night – Friday 5th May.
Westbrook AFL Club
We have a great relationship with Westbrook AFL Club with many of our players involved with both Clubs. They are having their Try AFL and Information Sessions for the 2016/17 season this Sunday 5th February with a second day on 12th February. Details are:
- Where: Greenway Park (Mike Kenny Oval)
- When: 9.00 am to 11.00 am
- Details: www.westbrook.org.au
Round 11, Day 2 has just been completed, with just 1 game remaining before the Semi Finals / Kimbo Cup stats.
Outstanding performances will continue to be updated once all results have come in but the top performers of the Round are:
- Aidan Jackson (U14 Blue) – 77*
- Tomas Kohlhagen (U13 White) – 61*
- James Woolough (U16 Red) – 58.
- No significant bowling performances to note.
After 10 Rounds our Teams are coming:
- U16’s 4th (Blue), Red (7th)
- U15’s 4th (Gold), 5th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14’s 1st (Blue), 8th (Gold), 11th (White)
- U13’s 3rd (White), 5th (Blue), 9th (Red)
- U12’s 5th (Green), 6th (Red), 9th (Orange), 13th (White), 16th (Blue)
- U11’s 3rd (Purple), 5th (Orange), 11th (Blue), 13th (Green), 21st (Gold)
- U8s, U9s, U10’s – no competition tables.
The last leg of the season started up again on Saturday 4th February. It finishes-up on Saturday 4th March combined with the end of season Presentation.
T20 Blast (8 to 12 years)
We started up again on Friday 27 January with games at James Henty Oval starting at 5.15 pm. Registrations are open throughout the season so if you would like to give it a go then check out the website of contact Graham Chivers on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0415 891 004.
Sixers Girls Cricket League (10 to 17 years)
Cricket NSW has advised Friday morning that all Girls games for the weekend have been cancelled due to the forecast weather. This means the following games will not be going ahead:
WPHC Vs Mosman
WPHC Vs Mosman
WPHC Red Vs Castle Hill Thunder
WPHC White Vs Mercy College.