News – 11th November 2018
A snapshot of achievements this week:
- In Junior Boys:
- Ravi Mavila (U13 Red Vs WPH Blue took 4/1 including a hat-trick. He then went on to top score with 60
- Oscar Keys (U16 White) took 4/35 Vs Kenthurst @ Kenthurst Park
- In the batting, Sohan Chawla (58) and Rigved Sodal (44) put on 92 runs for the 6th wicket
- In Seniors:
- Luke Herzog (A2) took his 200th wicket and moved into the top 49 wicket takers of all time
- After 6 Rounds, we have 7 Teams in the top 4 (A1, A2. B1 Red, B2, C2 Blue, C3 and D1) and the remaining 4 (B1 Blue, C1, C2 Red D2) all within striking distance.
T20 Feast – Back to Waitara
Northern District Cricket Club, the home Club to Nathan Lyon and Brad Haddin, is hosting a T20 Double Header with their Premier 1st Grade side at Mark Taylor Oval. Our Kanga Cricketers will be involved during the break and everyone is welcome to come along and see some high class T20 cricket being played by the next generation of stars.
- Date – Sunday 25th of November 2018
- Time – two games:
- 10.00 am to 1.00 pm (Northern District Vs Bankstown)
- 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm (Northern District Vs Parramatta)
- Where – Mark Taylor Oval (Waitara)
During the lunch break our Kanga and U8s will be providing some entertainment for everyone attending so it will be a great day with a real West Penno flavour.
The major new coming out of the Association is the change in Competition structure inn Seniors. The changes are:
- D1 / C3
- Castle Hill RSL and Thornleigh moves to C3.
- C3 becomes an 8 team competition and D1 becomes a 6 team competition.
- Castle Hill RSL moves from B2 to B1
- Glenorie moves from B1 to B2.
Check the draw before your games to make sure that you are across the new details.
Blowfly Cricket is underway and is proving a great success.
A special call out to our Sponsors – those great people who can make this whole experience affordable for families:
- Veri Curtains
- Blanchard Internationa
- Rotary Club of West Pennnat Hills & Cherrybrook
- Sommers Spots Clothing
Blowfly Cricket gives young people aged between 5 and 25 years with autism, cerebral palsy and down syndrome the chance to play competitive sport.Check out the website link to find more information – here
If someone if your family is affected or if you know someone who would love to participate then please contact Bill Peterkin on here or 0488 110 942
High achievements for Day 2 of Round 4 will be updated as scores come through but the best so far are:
No significant achievements this week.
- Haskene Dahanayake – 4/5 (U13 Blue) Vs Normanhurst-Thornleigh @ Headen Park
- Charlie Jones (U12 Red) with the ball took a hat-trick (3/11) with Vs Hornsby Green @ Thomas Thomson Oval – 3/11/2018
103 run 5th wicket partnership – James Higham (42*) & Ryan Mason (42) U13 Orange Vs Oakhill College @ Campbell Park
Team standings after Round 5 are:
U16s – Blue =1st (1st on quotient); White =3rd (3rd on quotient)
U15s – 5th
U14s – Orange 1st; Red =2nd (3rd on quotient); White =4th (5th on quotient)
U13s – Red =1st (2nd on quotient), Purple 4th, Orange 5th, Blue -7th (7th), Green 10th
U12s – Orange =1st (1st on quotient), Red =7th (7th on quotient), Gold =7th (9th on quotient); Green =12th (13th on quotient), Blue =12th (14th on quotient)
U11s – Green = 5th (6th on quotient), Red 9th, Blue =10th (10th), Gold =17th (18th on quotient)
U10s – non competition
U9s – non competition
U8s – non competition
The Girls Comp is well underway with Round 3 just concluded. The results are listed.
WPHC 3/103 defeated Castle Hill 6/93 – a good win to the girls. Winning the toss and batting first we got a competitive 3/103. Star of the innings was Sofia Culas with 25* in just 34 deliveries. Our turn to bowl and Castle hill put up a good effort in their 20 overs and finished 10 runs short of our total. Best bowlers were Sofia again, with 2/25 and Shiloh David an amazing 2/5 off 4 overs.
WPHC Red 1/105 lost to Castle Hill 6/103 – batting first after losing the toss we scored a very good 6/103. Jess Phillips 22 (off 25 deliveries) and Ellen Hall 21 (25) were outstanding. On the day though, Castle Hill were just too good and passed our total in just 15 overs for the loss of 1 wicket. Our only wicket taker was Ellen with 1/8.
WPHC Blue 2/154 defeated Thornleigh 50 – a comprehensive win to the get our 1st win of the season. Batting first, we belted the runs in just 20 overs. Esha Tiwana 28 (25 balls) was our best. Our bowlers finished the job with Tuvini 2/5, Riya Pradeep 2/8 and Amy Hale 1/3 (3 overs) were outstanding.
- Red 2nd
- Blue 3rd
- Dinesh De Silva (B1) scored his 3,000th run and moved into the top 40 run scorers of all time. Dinshed also scored our 476th ton with 102*
- Gautam Ayyar scored 100 –our 477th century
- Eric Junkkari took 1 wicket to now be the highest wicket taker in B2 history with
Training has been running since the season start but with Daylight savings now in place it becomes more of an option for people to turn-up who have work or other commitments. Details are:
- Wednesday @ John Purchase from 4.30 pm
- Friday @ WPH Sports Club nets also from 4.30 pm.
Standings after 6 Rounds are:
- A1 Grade – =4th (4th on quotient)
- A2 – =1st (1st on quotient)
- Blue (Rick) – 8th
- Red (Gunny) – 3rd
- B2 – =3rd (3rd on quotient)
- C1 – =7th (7th on quotient)
- Blue (Fieds) – 1st
- Red (Indranil) – 5th
- C3 – 3rd
- D1 – 3rd
- D2 – 5th