News – 19th to 26th February 2017
Only in Australia
Last week, all play was abandoned across the Association due to heat. This week, for Seniors, all games were abandoned after getting underway due to torrential rain and hail the size of golf balls. Have a look at the Photo Gallery to get a view of what happened.
With the season now into his final leg, the key dates to look out for are:
- End of season:
- Girls last day – 4th March followed by Semi’s and Finals
- Juniors Semi Finals and Kimbo Cup – Saturday 4th March
- Kanga last day and Presentations – 4th March
- Seniors – 4 March followed by Semi’s (11th & 18th March) and Final (25th & 26th March)
- Juniors Presentation Day – 18th March 2017
- Seniors Presentation Night – Friday 5th May.
Paid Umpiring opportunity for Semis / Finals
The Umpires Association has asked us to nominate players not qualifying for the Finals for Umpiring duty on the following dates:
- Senior Semi Finals: Saturday 11th and 18th March
- Senior Finals: Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th March
- Junior Semi Finals: Sunday 5th March
- Junior Finals: Sunday 12th March
Minimum qualification to be appointed is a current Captains Ticket. Obviously preference will be given to those holding current Umpires Certification.
All persons appointed to these fixtures will be paid the current umpire rate of $20 – $22 / scheduled hour of play, dependent upon whether one or two umpires are in attendance.
Representative Selection Trials
The Association is holding selection trials for 2017/18 as follows:
- Ages – U13, U14, U15 and U16 (determined by your age as at 31 August 2017)
- When – Sunday 19 March 2017
- Where – Action Indoor Sports, 7 Gundah Rd, Mt Ku-ring-gai
- Starting times –a 8.30 am to 4.00 pm
- Ages – U10, U11, U12
- When – Sunday 26th March
- Ages – U13 and U15 Age Groups
- When – Sunday 26th March
- Other details – as above.
Full details are located at the following link – here
Bumpty Report – the February edition
The February edition of the ‘Bumpty Report’ is on the website – Home>News>Bumpty Report. The Report has a hard hitting look into the impact of the heat abandoned Round last weekend on family life and how WPHCCC players got through this traumatic experience. The Bumpty Report goes searching for answers.
Pink Stumps day
An early ‘Heads-up’ that our Pink Stumps Day, run by the U9s is going ahead on Saturday 11 March – the last day of the Junior Competition. This is a great day that involves our 5 Teams all playing at Cherrybrook Public School. There will be a lot of information to follow that promotes this important event so keep a lookout over the next couple of weeks.
Web Developer – Club website
Our new website is now up and running. We do though need a person who can volunteer for around 4 hours a month with a working knowledge of:
- WordPress, its capabilities & plugins etc
- HTML, PHP, MySQL, CSS, photoshop
This involves occasional maintenance and also working with the Club Executive on the future look and feel of the website.
If you are able to help and make a difference please get back to Andrew Fiedler (here) or Ross Anderson.
Round 11, Day 1 kicked off on the weekend after last week’s Heat abandoned Round. This is the last Round before the Semi Finals / Kimbo Cup that starts on 4 March.
Outstanding performances will continue to be updated once all results have come in but the top performers of the Round are:
- Matt Winley (U14 Gold) – 64
- Varin Ravindran (U15 Gold) – 62
- Jack Barry (U15 Gold) – 60
- Pat Dixon (U14 Gold) – 54.
- Ben Dunkerley (U14 Blue) – 3/9
- Parin Pillamarri (U14 White) – 3/18.
After 11 Rounds our Teams are coming:
- U16’s 4th (Blue), Red (7th)
- U15’s 4th (Gold), 5th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14’s 1st (Blue), 8th (Gold), 11th (White)
- U13’s 3rd (White), 5th (Blue), 9th (Red)
- U12’s 5th (Green), 6th (Red), 9th (Orange), 13th (White), 16th (Blue)
- U11’s 3rd (Purple), 5th (Orange), 11th (Blue), 13th (Green), 21st (Gold)
- U8s, U9s, U10’s – no competition tables.
The last leg of the season started up again on Saturday 4th February. It finishes-up on Saturday 4th March combined with the end of season Presentation.
T20 Blast (8 to 12 years)
We started up again on Friday 27 January with games at James Henty Oval starting at 5.15 pm. Registrations are open throughout the season so if you would like to give it a go then check out the website of contact Graham Chivers on here or 0415 891 004.
Sixers Girls Cricket League (10 to 17 years)
After Round 3 was abandoned last week we started up again on the weekend. Results are:
WPHC 49 drew with Lindfield 0/11 – the game ended in a draw after heavy hail and rain. Best for us with the bat was Esha Tiwana with 10*.
WPHC 1/8 drew with Castle Hill Lightning 5/90 – another rain and hail affected game. Our bowlers did well with Christina Philip 2/8 and 1 wicket to each of Lily Campbell, Anushka Dongre and Abigail Pereira.
WPHC Red 87 defeated North Sydney Juniors 1/22 – a powerful performance from our Girls who got in enough overs to make this a game before the rain came. Batting first we got 87 with Jess Phillips dominating with 23. In the 6 overs we had to bowl, Danielle Chivers started taking an impressive1/0 off 2 overs. This now moves us into 3rd spot in the table.
WPHC White 0/5 drew with Castle Hill Thunder 5/80 – another good performance from the White who missed out due to the hail and rain. Bowling first we kept Castle Hill to 5/80 in their 20 overs. One wicket was taken by each of the bowlers – Jyothi Krithivasan, Rhea Saxon, Amy Sherlock and an impressive 1/4 from Lauren Kua in 3 overs. In the 3 balls we faced we got to 5 and then the heavens opened. With other key games also getting draws we are in = 1st place in the Comp.