News – 22 October to 29 October
Association Integrity Cup
There isn’t much that Barry McDonald, our Chairperson hasn’t achieved during his involvement with Cricket. This week it was announced that Barry had been awarded the prestigious Association’s Integrity Cup – for an amazing 2nd time. The 1st time was in 2013/14. To put this in context, In addition to the Integrity Cup, Barry has the following amazing achievements:
- WPHCCC Chairman (1985 to present)
- Life Memberships:
- HK & HDCA Umpires Association
- Patron of the Umpires Association
- Integrity Cup – 2013/14; 2017/18
- Honorary Auditor.
Well done Barry!
Cricket Australia Strategy
Cricket Australia has recently released its 5-year strategy (2017/18). It is worth a read to see the direction we are heading as a Sport. At Club level we have a well established 3-year strategy (2015/18).
Have a look at the video to see the direction CA is heading – here
Round 2 results
Round 2 was played on the weekend. We will update the scores and provide a brief Match Report by Monday. We are playing the following games:
WPHC 5/81 lost to Parramatta 2/134 – a tough day at the Office with Parramatta batting first and getting an impressive score in their innings. Our only wicket taker was Sofia Culus with 1/27. In our batting Caelon Meredith with 19 was our best.
U15 Spring Comp
WPHC 0/92 defeated North Sydney Red 7/91 – the weather was much better this week as we played our second match of the season. North Sydney Red were our Opposition. We lost the toss and were sent in to bowl. A full 20 overs was played meaning all players bowled. Well done to Andrea who bowled her first overs in cricket today. Congratulations to Danielle who got two wickets with great bowling. Nicole got one wicket and Jess M got two wickets. Our fielding improved this week with the Girls getting great catches and run-outs. North Sydney finished on 7/91.
Esha and Danielle opened the batting and made a good start to our innings. Jess Phillips came in and had an amazing innings hitting 45 not out. Amy and Jess M managed to pass their total in the 14 over with no wickets falling for our team. Great team effort today with everyone playing apart in a great win. Congratulations Girls.
U17 Spring Comp
WPHC 6/99 lost to Abbotsleigh 1 5/101 – winning the toss and batting first we scored competitive 99 in our 20 overs. Amy Harkin was our best with 19 with Lily Campbell getting to double figures with 10. Against the strong Abbotsleigh 1 side we needed to get early wickets. We took 5 but just not enough with Abbotsleigh passing us in 16 overs. Lily again starred with the ball taking 1/13 in her 2 overs and Khushi Arora finished with 1/12 from her spell.
Registrations remain open all season but to play in the same Team as your friends please don’t delay registering. Once registered, you are guaranteed a game and in the Team of your choice.
Our Juniors played Day 2 of Round 3 on Saturday. After the achievements from last week this was a quiet day with 2 significant performances
- Kai Carney (U12 Purple) – 5/12 & 2/2 Vs WPHC Green (Match figures of 7/14)
- Oscar Irwin (U13 Red) – 5/14 Vs Glenorie
- Kalan Murray (U13 Red) – 50 retired Vs Glenorie.
Well done fellas.
After 2 Rounds the standings are below. This will be updated once all the scores across the Association are entered:
- U16s – 2nd (Gold), 3rd (Blue), 6th (White)
- U15s – =4th (Blue), =4th (White)
- U14s – = 4th (White), =4th (Blue)
- U13s – 7th (White), =12th (Orange & White)
- U12s – =1st (Blue), =6th (Purple & Red), 14th (Orange), 18th (Green)
- U11s – =1st (Orange, White, Green & Gold), 11th (Blue), 12th (Red)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Our Skills training sessions started last week (16 October) and continue on throughout the season. The schedule is included below.
These are free sessions with our talented high performance Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The remaining schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 23 October – U16s
- 30 October – U15s & U14s
- 6 November – U13s
- 13 November – U12 Blue, Green & Orange
- 20 November – U12 Purple, Red & Girls
- 27 November – U11 Blue, Green & Orange
- 4 December – U11 Gold, Red & White
- 11 December – U10s
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
T20 Grand Finals
The T20 Grand Finals were played on Sunday. Congratulations to our Premiers – 3 from 3 winners:
- 2nd Grade (A2 Red) 6/146 defeated Berowra 117
- 3rd Grade (B2 Red) 4/98 defeated Berowra 7/89
- 4th Grade (C2) 4/140 defeated Berowra 8/134
Our last Premiership winners for the T20 in these Grades were:
- 2nd Grade – 2011/12
- 3rd Grade – 2012/13
- 4th Grade – 2015/16
Match Reports for the T20 Finals plus the weekend Rounds are updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Highlights of the Round are:
- Michael Banner (A2) scored 131 – the 465th in our History, his 6th and his 5,000th run
- James Makin (A1) scored 87 to steer A1 to victory in a close game
- James McBrien (2nd Grade T20) took 4/13 in the Final
- Josh Banner scred 48* in the T20 Final including a 6 off the last ball of the innings
- Rob Knapman (3rd Grade T20) took 4/15 in the Final
Personal Milestone achievements
The list of Current season high achievers and Personal Milestones has been updated on the website. It lists:
- Season to run scorers & wicket takers
- Personal Milestone achievements.
Have a browse to see who has a major approaching Milestone.