News – 29th January 2017
All Club Social Function
Our Club end of season Social function is booked and set to go. Details are:
- When: – Saturday 4 March 2017
- Where:: Dural Country Club
- Cost: $65 / head plus a great night’s entertainment
- Special guest: Kerry ‘Skull’ O’Keefe
- Numbers: limited to 300 with tickets on sale shortly through the website.
This is a not to miss night so book it in the schedule and more details to follow.
With the season now into his final leg, the key dates to look out for are:
- End of season:
- Juniors Semi Finals and Kimbo Cup – Saturday 4 March
- Kanga last day and Presentations – 4 March
- Girls last day – 25th February followed by Semi’s and Finals
- Seniors – 4 March followed by Semi’s (11th & 18th March) and Final (25th & 26th March)
- Juniors Presentation Day – 19 March 2017
- Seniors Presentation Night – Friday 5th May.
Use of Sports Club nets
We have had some recent examples where people who are not part of our Club have been using the nets at times allocated to Teams from West Penno. The times allocated to us are:
- Monday – 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm (U8s)
- Tuesday – 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm (U12s)
- Wednesday – 5.00 pm to 7.30 pm (Seniors)
- Thursday – 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm (U12s)
- Friday – 5.00 pm to 7.30 pm (Seniors)
If the nets are being used by folk who are not meant to using them then if a polite request to finish up doesn’t work then just let the Duty Manager know who will look after this for us.
The season started up again after the holiday break on the weekend. There is now a short run-in to the Semi Finals with just 5 weeks before the main season ends.
Outstanding performances will be updated once all results have come in but so far the top performers of the Round are:
- Zav Morris (U15 Blue) – 71*
- Rowan Love (U16 Blue) – 60
- Riley Behlevanas (U16 Blue) – 52
- Louis Madison-Hanlon (U15 White) – 4/21
After 9 Rounds our Teams are coming:
- U16’s 4th (Blue), Red (7th)
- U15’s 4th (Gold), 5th (Blue), 8th (White)
- U14’s 1st (Blue), 8th (Gold), 11th (White)
- U13’s 3rd (White), 5th (Blue), 8th (Red)
- U12’s 5th (Green), 6th (Red), 9th (Orange), 13th (White), 16th (Blue)
- U11’s 3rd (Purple), 5th (Orange), 11th (Blue), 13th (Green), 21st (Gold)
- U8s, U9s, U10’s – no competition tables.
- Season starts-up – Saturday 4th February
- Season finishes – Saturday 4th March combined with the end of season Presentation.
T20 Blast (8 to 12 years)
We started up again on Friday 27 January with games at James Henty Oval starting at 5.15 pm. Registrations are open throughout the season so if you would like to give it a go then check out the website of contact Graham Chivers on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0415 891 004.
Sixers Girls Cricket League (10 to 17 years)
The season started up again on the weekend with a short run-in of 5 weeks to the end of season that finishes on 25 February before the Semi Finals.
WPHC 5/78 lost to West Ryde Rovers 3/81 – best for us was Aliya Colbert with 9 and our best bowler was Chelsea Wilson who took 2/5 from her 2 overs.
WPHC 6/80 lost to West Ryde Rovers 4/87 – a close game with both sides batting out their 20 overs. Best with the bat for our Girls was Abigail Pereira with 17 and Amy Harkin who retired on 14. With the ball, Christina Phillip was our best with 1/7 from 3 overs.
WPHC Red 67 lost to WPHC White 1/69 – for our Red’s Ellen Hall top scored with 17. Shannon Kelly took 2/18 from her 3 overs with the Krithivasan sisters, Varsha (2/24) and Jyothi (1/8) taking the bowling honours.