News – 3 February 2019
Pink Stumps Day
Keep a lookout for information that will be coming out on Pink Stumps Day. To start off we have a fundraising page – here
Stay tuned in but in the meantime, if anyone has anything to donate towards our Auction and the Raffle they are most welcome. Things like Sporting Memorabilia, Gift Cards, Sporting Goods and etc. More to follow.
We have a number of Functions coming up:
Club Social function
We have now set a date for our Club function. The first function is:
- When: 23rd February
- Where: WPH Sports Club
- Function: Trivia, Pizza and lots of fun
- Start time: from 6.00 pm with Trivia starting at 7.00 pm.
The cost is just $100 per team which will cover the cost of the Trivia person plus cover the cost for the first $500 worth of pizza’s.
Details are being sent to all players.
Seniors Presentation Night
One for the diary. We have now booked our ‘Night of Nights’. More details will follow but for the diary:
- When: Friday 26th April 2019
- Where: Castle Hill RSL – Sovereign Room
- Time: 7.30 pm
More details to follow.
Competition started again on Saturday after a long break over Christmas / New Year. This is a short part of the season with just 3 Competition games before the season starts. The major dates are:
- 2nd to 9th February (Round 8 – 2 –Dayer)
- 16th to 23rd February (Round 9 – 2-Dayer)
- 2nd March (Round 10 – 1-Dayer)
- 10th March (Semi Finals – all day games played on Sunday)
- 17th March (Finals – all days games played on Sunday)
- No significant batting performances
- Shaan Bakshi (U16 White) – 3/16 Vs Hornsby
- Oscar Keys (U16 White) – 3/16 Vs Hornsby
Team standings after Round 7 – this will be updated after the completion of this Round next weekend:
U16s – Blue =2nd (2nd on quotient), White 4th
U15s – 4th
U14s – Red =2nd (2nd on quotient), Orange =2nd (3rd on quotient), White 8th
U13s – Red 2nd, Purple 4th, Green =7th (7th on quotient), Blue 9th, Orange 10th
U12s – Orange 1st, Gold 7th Green 10th, Red 11th, Blue 15th
U11s – 7th, Blue 8th, Red 11th,, Gold -18th (18th on quotient)
U10s – non competition
U9s – non competition
U8s – non competition
The Summer Competition started up again on the weekend. Our Team entries are:
- 1 X U13
- 2 X U15s
If you are interested in playing, have a family member or know someone interested in playing then you are most welcome. Please direct any questions on Girls Cricket to Graham Chivers or here or 0415 891 004.
The Spring Competition finished just before the Christmas / New Year break and the final Competition standings were:
WPHC defeated Normanhurst – results will be updated once they are available.
WPHC Reds 2/91 defeated Thornleigh 7/90 – details to follow shortly.
WPHC Blue 77 lost to Castle Hill 4/77 – details to follow.
Round highlights – Round 12
- 3,000 career runs to James McBrien Vs Berowra @ Warrina St Oval. This makes James just the 42nd player to pass 3,000 in our history. Well done James!
- Connor Mayoh (D1) – 48* Vs Berowra @ Arcadia Oval
- Arjun Kumar (C10 Vs Hornsby @ Montview Oval
Standings after 12 Rounds follow. This will be refreshed early in the week as results come through across the Association:
- A1 Grade – 5th
- A2 – 1st
- Blue (Rick) – 8th (13 points off 4th spot)
- Red (Gunny) – 1st
- B2 – 4th
- C1 – 6th (2 points off 4th spot)
- Blue (Fieds) – 1st
- Red (Indranil) – 5th (7 points off 4th spot)
- C3 – 1st
- D1 – 1st
- D2 – 6th
Training has been running since the season start but with Daylight savings now in place it becomes more of an option for people to turn-up who have work or other commitments. Details are:
- Wednesday @ John Purchase from 4.30 pm
- Friday @ WPH Sports Club nets also from 4.30 pm.
“Bistro WPH” Photo of the Month
Congratulations to Jane Bish who has won the Bistro WPH Photo of the Month prize. Jane has provided us with a number of photos this season but series of Photos taken at BlowFly Cricket have been great. Check them out – here
Jane has won a $50 voucher at the fabulous Bistro for – here
To is easy to enter:
- Just take a photo of anything to do with our Club – Kanga, Girls, Boys and Seniors
- The photo can be of our players batting, bowling or fielding
- Also, we are keen to get any ‘quirky’ photos that are a bit of fun.
For our next winner, just take a photo and send it to Ross Anderson (here ) with some brief commentary and it is that easy.