News – 5 November 2016
Main News items
- West Penno has a Movember Team setup and everyone is welcome to make a contribution to this great cause – 13 members who have raised almost $2,000 already!
- A massive weekend:
- 4 tons in Seniors and 2 scores in the 90s
- A top score of 150* by Michael Robertson (A2) – our highest score in A1 / A2 since 1992/93 season
- A Club record D1 4th wicket partnership of 159
- Mikey Fiedler (C1) scored his 1,000 runs with a superb 98
- Congratulations also to Bill Peterkin (A1/ A2) who is now a Vice President of Blowfly Cricket – a great initiative for people with a disability – we are very proud of you Bill.
- Our popular coaching sessions run by our Level 1 and 2 accredited coaches continues on Monday at Cherrybrook Public School with our U10s.
Rob Knapman (C2 Red) has organised a Movember team (group of blokes growing mo’s which is still being added too) to raise money for Men’s Health in the month of November. Congratulations and many thanks to our Movember Team:
- Rob Knapman (C2)
- Ian Digby (C3)
- Mikey Fiedler (C1)
- Tarun Lath (C3)
- James Makin (A1)
- Alex Robertson (A1)
- Phil Wurth (A1)
It would be great if players / parents and anyone connected with our Club are willing to put in a few $$$ to support the initiative of our players. For those who are interested in looking at this further here is the link with details:
1. Click on above URL and “Donate to team”
2. Fill out details and submit
(Took less than 2 mins and is tax deductible with receipt sent to email address).
Any amount would be greatly appreciated as we are big a club, adding a little can become a lot.
Joining the Team:
If anyone wants to join the cause and grow the mo, please sign up at the same URL (or contact Rob Knapman) and you can join the amazing team.
Bill Peterkin is one of our great volunteers who is currently running our Kanga / In2Cricket Division even though he doesn’t have any of his own children involved. Bill has now achieved another significant recognition with his appointment as a Vice President Blow-Fly Cricket – a wonderful organisation that provides cricket to people with a disability. Well done Bill.
Junior Coaching sessions
On Monday we kick-off our Club Coaching sessions for our junior Boys and Girls where every player gets free skills coaching from Level 1 and Level 2 Coaches from our Coaches who have already come through our Juniors and are playing a high level of Senior cricket.
These sessions are very popular. They are run every Monday Our first session is as follows:
o Age Group – U10s (Orange, Red and Purple)
o When – 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm
o Where – Cherrybrook Public School
Check out our Facebook page for the full schedule.
T20 Blast (Girls aged 8 to 12 years)
The season is underway. Games start at 5pm and are played at James Henty Oval. This is a fun night where the girls play cricket with music and dancing and is a perfect way to introduce the girls to the game. Newcomers are welcome at any time.
Saturday afternoon (Girls aged 10 to 16 years)
U13 Spring Season (North)
WPHC Green vs Sydney North Juniors – match update to follow.
U17’s – North (Division 1)
WPHC Blue vs Castle Hill Lightning – match update to follow
U17’s – Upper North (Division 2)
WPHC White vs Abbotsleigh A – match update to follow
WPHC Red vs Castle Hill Thunder – match update to follow.
Registrations are open all season as we want as many girls as possible playing cricket. We are keen to encourage all the sisters, daughters, grand-daughters, nieces and any other relations or friends to sign up to play in either or both of these formats. If you are interested in playing then please contact Graham Chivers on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0415 891 004.
Outstanding performances for Round 5, that started this weekend, will be updated as scores come through.
Highlights from Round 4 were:
- Dylan Bish – 55 (U15 Blue Vs WPHC White)
- Rajat Chatterjee – 75 (retired; U14 Gold Vs Normanhurst-Warrawee)
- Aidan Jackson – 58* (U14 Blue Vs Kenthurst-Upper Hills)
- John Koleth – 4/9 (U15 White Vs WPHC Blue)
- William Turnbull – 4/18 (U11 Orange Vs WPH Green)