News – 8 October to 15 October
With Daylight savings now in place, Seniors training has started last week. We have the Sports Club nets booked as follows:
- Where: WPH Sports Club
- Time: 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm.
Kanga started on the weekend (Saturday 7th October). This year the children are playing at Thomas Thomson Oval as Edward Bennett Oval is out of action due to major ground works. The Photo Gallery has been updated and you can have a browse of the photos from Day 1.
You can still Register so if you know someone who wants to play Cricket then just go into the website and register to play – it is that easy.
- T20 Blast – Friday 13th October
- Sixers (T20) – Saturday 14th October.
Registrations remain open all season but to play in the same Team as your friends please don’t delay registering. Once registered, you are guaranteed a game and in the Team of your choice.
Our Skills training sessions start next week. These are free sessions with our talented Coaches providing high quality skills based training.
The schedule is:
- When: Monday afternoons
- Where: Cherrybrook Public School
- Time: 5.00 pm to 6.30 pm
- 16 October – Girls
- 23 October – U16s
- 30 October – U15s & U14s
- 6 November – U13s
- 13 November – U12 Blue, Green & Orange
- 20 November – U12 Purple, Red & Girls
- 27 November – U11 Blue, Green & Orange
- 4 December – U11 Gold, Red & White
- 11 December – U10s
- 5 February 2017 – U9s
- 12 February – U8s
- 19 February – U10s
- 26 February – U9s
- 5 March – U8s
Your Team Manager will be in touch with you about the next steps. Our Facebook page will also post the roster and lock in the numbers for each Team.
Our Juniors played their last game before the School Holidays break last weekend. Outstanding performances were:
- Zac Morris (U16 Blue) 100* Vs Glenorie District
- Akith Ekanayake (U11 White) 4/14, Vs WPHC U11 Red
- Andrew Cooper (U16 Blue) 4/19 Vs Glenorie District
Well done fellas.
The Juniors are now on holidays until they resume on 14 October 2017.
After just 2 Rounds the standings are:
- U16s – 2nd (Gold), 3rd (Blue), (6th (White)
- U15s – =4th (Blue), =4th (White)
- U14s – = 4th (White), =4th (Blue)
- U13s – 7th (White), =12th (Orange & White)
- U12s – =1st (Blue), =6th (Purple & Red), 14th (Orange), 18th (Green)
- U11s – =1st (Orange, White, Green & Gold), 11th (Blue), 12th (Red)
- U10s; U9s & U8s – non competition.
Registrations are now closed.
Match Reports from the weekend Rounds are updated and can be seen on the Match Reports section of the website.
Highlights of the Round are:
- Indranil Murherjee (C3) scored 100* which is our 463rd Century
- Matt Rashleigh (C1) took his 100th wicket last weekend
- Matt Digby (B2) took his 100th wicket on the weekend
- Jack Hando (B2) took 6/23 against SKLPS for the best bowling performance in the Association for the Round
- Ben Meikle (B1) took 5/29 against ARL
- Daniel Heidegger (315), Andy Meikle (316) and Cam McBrien (317) were presented with their A1 player numbered shirts and caps.
T20 Semi Finals
Congratulations to our 3 Teams that played and won their Semi Final on Sunday:
The T20 Semi Finals were played on Sunday and we had the following Teams competing:
- 2nd Grade (A2 Red – Simon Smyth’s side)
- 3rd Grade (B2 Red – Ronb Knapman’s side)
- 4th Grade (C2).
Reports are on the T20 games are in the Match Reports section of the website.
Our last Premiership winners for the t20 in these Grades are:
(A2, B1 and B2 Grades)
|2011/12*||Tim Leyshon||2012-13||Rob Aitken|
(C1 & C2 Grades)
(C2 and C3 Grades)
|2015/16||Stephen ‘Buzz’ Burrows||2016/17||Rob Knapman|
One of the ‘Must read’ updates is the Bumpty Report that is now loaded. This is an irregular and irreverent view about West Penno cricket and if you wanted any insight into our Club Culture – this is it – unadulterated and amusing. Here is the link – www.wphccc.com.au/season-welcome/
Photo of the Month
The new Bistro WPH at the Sports Club is sponsoring us this season for our popular ‘Photo of the Month’ Competition.
Bistro WPH has kindly offered us Dinner vouchers to the value of $50 each Month for the best photo to use in the bistro – here . Every photo goes on the website and a selection of these go into our Annual Yearbook.
To enter it is simple:
- Just take a photo of anything to do with our Club – Kanga, Girls, Boys and Seniors
- The photo can be of our players batting, bowling or fielding
- Also, we are keen to get any ‘quirky’ photos that are a bit of fun.
Our Photo Gallery is a bit like a family photo album so the more variety the better.
Just take a photo and send it to Ross Anderson (here ) with some brief commentary and it is that easy.