News – 14 November 2021
It is booked in ready to go – our 1st all Club Event at the new Greenway Park Community Centre. Details are:
- When – Saturday 27th November 2021
- Where – Greenway Park Community Centre
- Time – 7.00 pm doors open with an 8.00 pm start
- Cost – $30 / head (unlimited vegetarian, chicken & beef sausage sandwiches with salad)
- Dinner – from 6.00 pm after cricket finishes
- Awareness – some coarse language / adult humour
- Seating – theatre style with general open seating / no tables
Bookings are essential and can be done through Comedy for a Cause – booking
Covid-19 – latest Public Health Advice
The latest advice (11 November 2021), and how it affects cricket follows
Unvaccinated NSW residents
People who are not fully vaccinated cannot participate in community sport until 15 December 2021, or when the state passes the 95% fully vaccinated rate, whichever comes sooner.
Outdoor cricket activities (community sport and recreation)
An outdoor public gathering is now permitted to have up to 1,000 people without being required to follow a COVID-19 Safety Plan, provided there is space to accommodate 1 person per 2 square metres.
- This includes community sport and recreation activities.
- Only fully vaccinated adults, children under 16 years of age, and people with a valid medical contraindication certificate are permitted to attend.
- This means there is no longer a requirement to implement a COVID-19 Safety Plan or QR codes to check in for outdoor community cricket matches or training when there are fewer than 1,000 people in attendance.
- QR code check-ins are now optional, and individuals can make their own decision about whether or not to complete the sign-in process
- For further information, Public Health Advive.
Parent and Player Umpire Webinar
CNSW has developed a webinar to help Parent and Player Umpires so that they can confidently understand the most basic laws of cricket – because no one likes seeing a dodgy LBW!
The Webinar will be delivered by the amazing Claire Polosak who you would have seen on TV many times and will address the basics of umpiring – targeted at those who are new to the game.
The Webinar will be best suited to any Parent or Coach, mums, dads, grandparents who would like a better understanding of the basics of umpiring and gameplay. We recommend that you encourage at least 1 representative for your junior teams (and seniors who need to umpire their own games) to register for the webinar as it could greatly enhance the quality of our parent/ player umpires.
This 1.5 hour Webinar will be delivered on multiple nights, so you will be able to find a night that suits you. The session will comprise of an engaging 60min presentation, followed by 30min Q&A.
- Monday 15th November 2021 – 7pm – 8:30pm
- Thursday 18th November 2021 – 7pm – 8:30pm
- Tuesday 23rd November 2021 – 7pm – 8:30pm
Just scan the QR Code or click here here and complete your registration details.
Registration status is:
- Blowfly Cricket – OPEN (all season)
- Junior Blasters – OPEN (Junior Blasters remains open all season)
- Juniors (mixed):
- Master Blasters – OPEN (will remain open all season)
- U10 – CLOSED
- U11 – CLOSED
- U12 – CLOSED
- U13 – CLOSED
- U14 – OPEN
- U15 – OPEN
- U16/17 – CLOSED
- Stage 1 (U11) – Open
- Stage 2 (U13) – Open
- Stage 3 (U17) – CLOSED
- Seniors – CLOSED
You can register at: Register – here .
We can’t use the Schools this season due to Covid restrictions so training will be limited to fewer venues.
Your Team Manager / Coach has the details about training days and venues and everyone should now be ready to go.
Training days and times are:
- Where – Sports Club Nets
- Time – 4.00 om to 7.30 pm
- Where – George Thornton Reserve
- Time – 4.00 pm to 7.30 pm
Best Performances of the Round
Round 3 results are.
- Harry Whitehouse (U12 Red) – 78*
- Steven Rochow (A2) – 66*
- Arjan Aujla (U17 Blue) – 4/10
- Matthew Philip (A2) – 4/14
- Jack Hando (A2) – 4/26
Highest Team scores
- 9/203 – WPHC Gold (U11s) Vs Castle Hill
- 4/197 – WPHC Blue (U13 Blue) Vs Kissing Point
- 113 for the 5th wicket – Dinesh De Silva (60) & Alex Silins (44) – B1 Red
- 109 for the 7th wicket – Ansh Pratheesh (42) & Gary Roberts – U14 Green
- 98 for the 2nd wicket – Dylan Bish & Craig Hutchinson – C2 Blue
Girls Leadership Program
This season we are doing something special for the Girls in our older Age Groups – a first for any Clubs in our Association.
Kirsty Newbury is developing and running a Leadership program for our older Girls that runs for 5 weeks with sessions of 30 minutes each. Training will be integrated into the regular training weeks. The program covers:
- Understanding Leadership
- Getting your message across
- Empowering others
- Walk Tall, Lead with Heart
Our aim to develop a program that is repeatable and will benefit Girls players in the future.
In effect we are providing our Girls players with an opportunity for personal development and growth that no one else provides will be something special for all WPHC girls and their families.