News – 5 March 2023
Remaining Season details
The final season details are:
- Blowfly Cricket – Season finished – Friday 10th March
- Junior Blasters – 11th March (last game)
- Juniors Girls:
- Competition – 18th March
- Semis & Finals – 18th & 25th March
- Juniors (Mixed):
- Season finished – Sunday, 5th March 2023
- Semis & Finals – 11th March with GF on 18th & 19th March
Divi Home Loans – Sponsorship
Divi Home Loans, a valued Club Sponsor, offers a service that in the current interest rate environment has the potential to save our members many significant savings on their home loan.
Divi has a business model that supports Sporting Clubs and especially Community based Clubs. If a Club Member finances or refinances a home loan through Divi, they will:
- Help the family refinance to the best rate available for them from over 35 different lenders
- Pay or refund the family’s sports fees for the season
- Pay the Club a percentage of the loan for the lifetime of the loan
- Review the family’s loan every 12 months to ensure it’s still the best available for them.
We encourage all our members to consider having a discussion with Sam Ryan of Divi with the potential that our people could make significant savings on their monthly outlays.
- Contact Sam Ryan on 0411 019 963 or email@example.com;
- Divi Home Loans
Every 2 years we run a Club-wide Survey to identify what we do well, what needs improvement and to capture thoughts on what we need to build into our future strategies. Covid-19 caused the survey due last season to be deferred but we can now run the Survey after a ‘normal’ season.
Within the next 2 weeks, everyone will receive an email with a link to the Survey that is applicable to your Division – Academy, Junior Blasters, Juniors Mixed, Junior Girls & Seniors.
All replies are anonymous and all input is valued so once you get the link then please spend 3-4 minutes to respond and help make a difference.
Looking ahead – next season
With the departure of some key people from our Leadership Team an important gap that needs to be filled is our Yearbook co-ordinator.
All the input is provided by our Directors of Blowfly, Junior Blasters, Juniors Mixed, Girls and Seniors. The role we need filled is to consolidate the info and work with the printers to get the final copy. To quote Buzz Burrows, our Juniors Director:
“…the process is straightforward and takes a dedicated soul to put in some time to work with the printer, who I believe are happy to walk the new incumbent through step by step.”
If you would like an opportunity of giving back to our Club and making a difference your contribution would be much appreciated.
If interested then please contact Steve Burrows or 0478 965 255.
Coaches Association – Cricket Clinic
The renowned Coaches Association has scheduled another Cricket Clinic in April. Details are:
- When: Wednesday 12th 7 Thursday 13th April
- Where: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Time: 8.30 am to 2.00 pm each day
- Who can attend: Boys & Girls aged 6 to 14 years from all standards
- Cost: $145 with a $25 discount for each sibling who registers.
We thoroughly recommend this Clinic that is run on a not-for-profit basis. During the past 13 years, HK&HDCCA has conducted 70 successful school holiday junior cricket clinics.
The following link provides all the details – Coaches Association link
Online registrations can be made via this link – Register – here
Umpiring – Junior & Senior Finals
The Association has asked for expressions of interest to umpire Junior and Senior Semi-Finals:
- Saturday 4th & 11th March – senior grand finals
- Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th March – senior grand final
Umpires are paid as follows:
- $23 / hour with a partner
- $26 / hour if solo.
Please complete an Expression of Interest via the following link – Expression of Interest – Umpires
Registration and trial details for the mixed teams can be found on the Association website using the link below. Registrations close Sunday 12 March – Register – here
First division U12 to U17, as well as 2nd Division U12 and U13 play in Cricket NSW Youth Championship competition. This competition traditionally play 8 rounds on Sundays in October and November, followed by QF, SF and GF in December.
Under 10, under 11 and 2nd division teams for under 14, 15 and 17 play in the IDCA/President’s cup competition. They traditionally play on Sundays, with 3 rounds from late November, then another 4 weeks after Australia Day.
Separate registration details for the U13 and U15 girls will be distributed in the coming weeks.
Blowfly Cricket is underway with games at James Henty Oval. It is never too late to register so to find out more info go to our Blowfly website page – https://wphccc.com.au/blowfly/
What if I need more information?
Please contact Bill Peterkin at here
How do Register?
You can register and pay online through the following link.
Channel 10 – The Project story
Check out the News report on Channel’s 10 ‘The Project’ –Blowfly TV item from about 1:43 secs.
Cricket Australia & CNSW
CNSW Girls mental health workshop
Cricket NSW is organising free workshops on mental health for girls aged 13-15.
What does it take to be the best you can be – a mental health workshop for our female cricketer
You’re invited to attend a free workshop designed specifically for our U15 female players. The target group is girls aged 13-15. Each 2-hour workshop is delivered by Alan Mantle, a Sport Psychology Consultant from – Enhancement Performance
These interactive workshop will cover the areas of mental health in sport including motivation, goal setting, self-belief, concentration, and anxiety control.
You’ll also be provided with tools you can use in everyday situations. Light refreshments will be provided for each group too.
We have a workshop in our own backyard:
- When: Tuesday 2nd May
- Where: WPH Sports Club
- Time: 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm
Apply for your place at one of these workshops in the link below. Closing date to Wed 8th March. We’ll notify every one of their successful date – Register here
The HK&HDCA is seeking Expressions of Interest for Girls who are interested to play Representative Cricket for the U13 and U15 age Groups.
If CNSW follows the same playing schedule as 2022/23:
- U15 Margaret Peden Shield will be played mainly on Weekdays during December – January, and;
- U13 Mollie Dive on Sundays during December – February.
A player’s age group is determined by their age on 31 August 2023.
- All players wishing to register outside the above qualifications must contact the Representative Secretary. Specialized skill training will resume from July\August on weekends for all registered players. From these sessions, U13 & U15 Teams will be selected by November.
- If you are interested to play Representative Cricket for HK&HDCA and are available on the above Dates, we invite you to register below.
- All Training and Games are Compulsory.
- Details regarding Registration and Clothing Fees will be provided before Off-Season training.
- Please complete the registration process at Register here
Women’s Social Cricket – underway
Great news about the highly successful Women’s Social Cricket Smash started last Wednesday (1 February) and continues to 15 March. Details are:
- When: Wednesday 1 February to 15th March 2023
- Where: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Time: 6.00 pm to 7.30 pm
- Cost: $70 for 7 weeks
It is never too late to join so if you want to form a Team or just turn up as a single player – everything can be arranged.
What is the Social Smash
For those new to this concept it is as much about having a game of cricket with other women in a safe and non-judgemental environment as it is about laying out a blanket on the ground after the game and sharing a glass of wine and nibbles with friends and new found friends without having to rush home.
How do I register?
You can register via the following link – Register – here
Who can I contact?
Contact Danielle Chivers or 0408 597 645 to find out more.
There are 4 x formats for Girls and the details are below:
- Junior Blasters – girls & boys aged 5 to 7 years of age – Saturday morning
- Stage 1(a) – Master Blasters (Girls Only who are new to cricket)
- Stage 1 (b) Sixers Girls Cricket – Saturday afternoon (1.00 pm)
- Stages 2 & 3 – Sixers Girls Cricket League – Saturday afternoon
Check out full details, including how to register then go to the following link – Register here
Round 18 (coming up – 18 March 2023)
Stage 1 (U11)
10.30 am game (Junior)
- WPHC (Gardner) Vs Bye
1.00 pm game (Senior)
- WPHC (Barty) Vs Bye
Stage 2 (U13)
- WPHC (Darlington) Vs Bye
- WPHC (Thomas) Vs Bye
Stage 3 (U17)
- WPHC (Learoyd) Vs Bye
After 18 Rounds, the latest status is:
- Gardner (8th) – Saturday morning
- Barty (7th ) – Saturday afternoon
- Darlington (7th); Thomas (8th);
- Learoyd (7th)
Final details to be provided but pencil in Saturday 18th March as the likely date to be held at Oakhill Drive Public School.
Congratulations to our Premiers and Runners-up:
U15 – Premiers
WPHC Blue (1st) 4/92 defeated Castle Hill Green 88
U14 – Runners-up
WPHC Blue (1st) 78 lost to Normanhurst-Warrawee (2nd)
U13 – Runners-up
WPHC Orange (1st – Hazlewood Comp) 5/107 lost to Kissing Point White (1st – Starc Comp) 1/110
U12 – Runners-up
WPHC Red (2nd) 8/110 lost to Pennant Hills / Beecroft (1st) 8/113.
Congratulations to our 8 x Semi Finalists who played on Sunday26th February, 2023:
- WPHC White (1st)
- WPHC Red (3rd)
- WPHC Green (4th)
- WPHC Blue (2nd)
WPHC Blue (1st)
- WPHC Orange (1st)
- WPHC Red (2nd)
- WPHC Gold (4th)
After the Final Competition games (18th Round – 18 February, 2023), the final points table is:
- U16/17: White (=1st ); Red (3rd)
- U15: Blue (2nd), Green (4th);
- U14: Blue (1st); Red (5th); Gold (6th);
- Hazlewood – Orange (1st); Red (8th)
- Starc – Purple (2nd ); Gold (6th); Blue (8th),
- U12: Red (2nd); Gold (4th); Purple (9th); Blue (11th); Green (14h)
- U11: No competition tables available (6 Teams)
- U10: No competition tables available (6 Teams)
- U9: No competition (4 Teams)
- U8: No competition (5 teams)
Well done to all Teams and a special mention to our 3 x Minor Premiers and 7 x Teams making it through to the Semis.
The season calendar is: Season calendar .
Pencil the date in for our ‘Night of Nights’. Details are:
- When: Friday 5th May 2023
- Where: Castle Hill Sports Club
- Time: 7.30 pm
- Cost: TBA
Details to be provided as more details are available.
- The last game starts next weekend (Round 14) and is a 2-day game
- Semi’s – 4th & 11th March 2023
- Grand Final – Saturday 18th & Sunday 19th March 2023
With the main season now over, congratulations to all Teams who played Seniors this season. A special congratulations to our Semi Finalists:
- A1 (Cameron) – 2nd Vs Berowra White @ Parklands Oval
- A2 (Campbell) – 4th Vs Glenorie @ Les Shore 1
- B1 Red (Birdcage) – 4th Vs Normanhurst @ Normanhurst Oval
- B2 (Todd) – 1st Vs Sydney Lions @ Greenway
- C3 Red (Cameron) – 3rd Vs Kissing Point @ Mimosa
- D2 (Ross) – 4th Vs Beecroft @ Cheltenham
We won our first Premiership in 1951/52 (C1 Grade) and since then we have participated 165 Grand Finals. We won 91 and been Runners up 74 times.
Also we had 2 century scorers on the weekend:
- Sean Clarence (A1) – 100 no (our 515th ton)
- Will McLennan (C2 Blue) – 100 no (516th ton)
Normally we would highlight every week the standout achievements from each Saturday. Unfortunately, with a few systems bugs with PlayHQ we can’t identify individual highlights without going through each scorecard. So until this bug is fixed we can’t provide this update.
Seniors training schedule is:
- Wednesday – WPH Sports Club nets from 4.00 pm until dark
Friday – John Purchase Oval from 4.00 pm