News – 30 January 2022
Seniors Competition structure
The Association has determined the structure of the remaining rounds of the Competition. It had been an open issue what Rounds 15 & 16 would look like – 1-dayers or 2 x 2-dayers consistent with the season. The decision has been advised:
“The majority of Clubs, 10 to 4, have indicated that they would prefer the current structure with One Day games to be played for Round 15 & 16. The remainder of the draw will be reviewed by the SCC and where necessary adjusted to ensure that teams have had an equal opportunity to play each other proportionately where possible.
The next General Meeting is scheduled for next Tuesday 1/2/2022 where the format for finals will be discussed with a view to having these formalised as soon as practicable.”
Covid is going to be with us for a long time and fortunately, cricket is a game that has natural social distancing so provided simple guidelines are followed we should get through the season largely unaffected. The Association website has all the details – here
Key requirements are:
- OBEY Physical Distancing, both on and off the field
- NOT use saliva or sweat to polish the ball
- NOT lick your fingers
- NOT high five or shake hands in the celebration process
- AVOID spitting
- NOT share towels
- NOT share drink bottles”
Key dates for the remainder of the season are:
- Saturday 29th January 2022 – Juniors (mixed & Girls only) re-start
- Saturday 29th January – Junior Blasters
- Saturday 12th February 2022 – Greenway Cup – special Girls cricket Event
Greenway Park Community Centre – coming up
After the highly successful Comedy Night at the new Community Centre there are a number of Events being planned for the remainder of the season. Keep a lookout for the following Events that are planned:
- 12th February – Girls Gala day using John Purchase & Greenway Park
- 26th February – Last Round drinks
- March – Juniors (Girls & Boys) Presentation Day
- May – Seniors Presentation Night
Greenway Cup Event & Pink Stumps Day
Keep a look out for the inaugural ‘Greenway Cup’:
Save the Date:
Saturday 12th Feb. Regular game times + BBQ + fun after Stage 2 games.
All our girls teams will be playing at either Greenway Park (the Seniors teams have very kindly moved their games) or close by at John Purchase.
All our Girls Teams will then come to Greenway / John Purchase after their games to cheer on our other teams and then head to Greenway for BBQ dinner, parent v kids games, raffle + “Spirit of Cricket” awards.
DRESS CODE: Pink / Hawaiian
More info to come…..
Skin Cancer Check-up Clinic
After three successful Skin Check Clinics conducted in Albury, Coffs Harbour and Campbelltown, the fourth and final clinic of the summer will occur at Nolan Reserve, North Manly on Sunday January 23. These clinics have been funded through the Cricket NSW Foundation to provide a potentially life-saving opportunity for our cricket community. You can find more information and register here – here .
Social Women’s Smash
Social Women’s Smash is back in Term 1, 2022! All information is located further down in the News.
Key points are:
- When: 2nd Feb to 16th March 2022
- Time: 6.45 pm to 8.15 pm
- Where: Asquith Oval, Asquith
- Cost: $70
Participants can register: Register – here
At the beginning of the season, registration fees were set without knowing how much of the season we would get due to Covid-019 lockdowns. We set an expectation that we would review fees around this time of the year once we know our costs – some fees would increase and some will decrease.
Everyone will get a note before we go back to play but as an early ‘heads-up’ fee adjustments are:
|Age Division||Current fee||New fee||Change|
|Junior Blasters||$100||$100||No change|
|Girls only||$100||$100||No change|
$50 top-up payment
$60 top-up payment
$70 top-up payment
This represents a significant reduction in the standard fee that would apply to a normal season:
- Junior Blasters – $130 (standard fee without a Covid affected season) reduced to $100
- Girls only – $130 reduced to $100
- 8 to 10 years – $185 reduced to $150
- U11 to U13 – $205 reduced to $160
- U14 to U16 – $215 reduced to $170
- All age – $300 reduced to $260
- Juniors playing Seniors only – $250 reduced to $160
- Juniors playing both Seniors & Juniors – $190 reduced to $160
Girls & Social Cricket
Women’s Social Smash
The phenomenally successful initiative is gearing up. Details are:
- New name – Women’s Social Smash – Northern District CC
- Venue – Asquith Park, Asquith (new this season while Mark Taylor Oval is being upgraded)
- Times – 6:45pm – 8:15pm
- Come & Try/ Launch Night – Wednesday 19th Jan 2022 (due to no session on Australia day on 26th Jan)
- 7 Week Program (plus free launch night)
- Program starts Wednesday 2nd Feb
- Program ends Wednesday 16th March
- Cost – $70 ($10 a week)
- Equipment – Soft ball, everything is provided so just wear active wear and bring a water bottle!
- Social – After each session we encourage everyone to hang around and have a glass of wine together (BYO)
Blowfly Cricket support
One of our great achievements is to setup and run a Blowfly Cricket program for our young people with autism. Bill Peterkin and Mike Kinchington have our on the ground leaders who have seen Blowfly cricket develop into an important part of our Community.
Bill is now also involved with his son’s MasterBlasters cricket and Mike is going to live on the South Coast in the New Year. So we need to start planning succession.
This is an early shout out for someone who can be at James Henty Oval on Friday nights between 6.00 pm and 7.30 pm to just be present and to supervise the program that pretty much runs itself.
If you are interested in making a difference to the lives of people with disability and their families, then think about becoming involved. So if you want to make a difference and can set aside 90 minutes on a Friday night for a rewarding experience then think about this wonderful opportunity.
To find out more, without any commitment, contact Bill Peterkin on here or 0488 110 942.
After 9 Rounds, the standings of our Teams are:
- U16/17s – Blue (2nd); Red (3rd); Orange (4th); Gold (=5th)
- U15s – Red (=1st); Blue (=3rd ); White (5th)
- U14s – Blue (=1st ); Green (=7th); Orange (11th)
- U13s – Blue (1st); Red (6th); Orange (8th ); Gold (10th ); Green (=11th)
- U12s – White (2nd); Gold (=5th), Green (=7th); Red (=7th); Purple (=5th); Blue (16th)
- U11s & U10s – no competition points
- MasterBlasters – no competition points
Our Girls play in the North Shore JCA. Standings are:
- Stage 3 (U17) – = 6th (7th on quotient)
- Stage 2 (13 to 17 years) – Haynes (6th); Gardner (=9th ); McPherson (12th)
Best Performances of the Round
Round 12 (Seniors) & Round 9 (Juniors) results follow. During the week we will update the best Junior performances of the Round with competition starting up again this weekend (29 January).
- 86 by Tom Hando (A2) Vs Glenorie @ Les Shore 1
- 67* by Christian Poimer (U12 Gold) Vs Kissing Point @ East Gordon Park
- 5/15 by Roger Friend (C3 Blue) Vs St Ives Wahroonga @ Dural Park
- 5/28 by Balaraman Raghuraman (D1 Blue) Vs Castle Hill @ Campbell Park
Highest Team scores
- 1/194 – U14 Green Vs ARL
- 7/190 – A2 Grade Vs Glenorie
- 7/174 – U12 Gold Vs Kissing Point
- 185 between Ansh Pratheesh (51 retired) & Aanya Singh (51 retired) for the 2nd wicket (U14 Green)
- 104 between Tom Hando & Rohit Ninan for the 6th wicket Vs Glenorie (A2)
We can’t use the Schools this season due to Covid restrictions so training will be limited to fewer venues.
Your Team Manager / Coach has the details about training days and venues and everyone should now be ready to go.
Training days and times are:
- Where – Sports Club Nets
- Time – 4.00 pm to 7.30 pm
- Where – George Thornton Reserve
- Time – 4.00 pm to 7.30 pm