News – 13 February 2022
Semi Finals & Grand Finals (Seniors)
The Seniors Competition Committee has decided (11th February) that both Semi-finals & Grand finals will be conducted as 2 day games in the same format as previous seasons.
Dates for these matches are:
- Semi-finals – Saturday 5/3 (day 1) & Saturday 12/3 (day 2),
- Grand finals – Saturday 19/3 (day 1) & Sunday 20/3 (day 2).
- Playing times, locations, etc will be advised shortly.
Should Covid-19 affect a player4s ability to play (a positive test result or notification / identification as a close contact)
“The impacted player may be replaced by any other player that has met the required qualification rules for that grade.
Teams may be required to produce proof of the positive test or close contact notification which may take the form of a screenshot of the registration or notification of a positive test result from the Service NSW app or NSW Health for the player themselves or their close contact.”
Greenway Park Community Centre update
Great news during the week that we have received approval for $980,000 funding to complete Stage 1 of the Greenway Park Community Centre. This covers:
- Old (existing) building – existing change rooms to be converted to toilets; Canteen – an All Abilities toilet
- New building – tiered seating under the building; 2 change rooms;
Work is to start by June 2022 with target completion by October / November.
Storage is a stage 3 initiative and is either going to be under the top level veranda or some other space – target date 2023. Air conditioning is required for summer and would be a later stage initiative.
So this is the final piece to make the Greenway Community Centre the best community centre in the Region.
Covid is going to be with us for a long time and fortunately, cricket is a game that has natural social distancing so provided simple guidelines are followed we should get through the season largely unaffected. The Association website has all the details – here
Key requirements are:
- OBEY Physical Distancing, both on and off the field
- NOT use saliva or sweat to polish the ball
- NOT lick your fingers
- NOT high five or shake hands in the celebration process
- AVOID spitting
- NOT share towels
- NOT share drink bottles”
- U15, U16 & U17 players currently playing in the HK&HDCA Junior competition may be used as emergency fill in players & play unrestricted without a current rating in C3 grade and above.
- U14 players & younger currently playing in the HK&HDCA Junior competition may be used as emergency fill in players & play unrestricted without a current rating in any grade.
Girls & Social Cricket
Social Women’s Smash
Social Women’s Smash is back in Term 1, 2022! All information is located further down in the News.
Key points are:
- When: 9th Feb to 16th March 2022
- Time: 6.45 pm to 8.15 pm
- Where: Asquith Oval, Asquith
- Cost: $70
Participants can: Register – here
At the beginning of the season, registration fees were set without knowing how much of the season we would get due to Covid-019 lockdowns. We set an expectation that we would review fees around this time of the year once we know our costs – some fees would increase and some will decrease.
Everyone will get a note before we go back to play but as an early ‘heads-up’ fee adjustments are:
|Age Division||Current fee||New fee||Change|
|Junior Blasters||$100||$100||No change|
|Girls only||$100||$100||No change|
$50 top-up payment
$60 top-up payment
$70 top-up payment
This represents a significant reduction in the standard fee that would apply to a normal season:
- Junior Blasters – $130 (standard fee without a Covid affected season) reduced to $100
- Girls only – $130 reduced to $100
- 8 to 10 years – $185 reduced to $150
- U11 to U13 – $205 reduced to $160
- U14 to U16 – $215 reduced to $170
- All age – $300 reduced to $260
- Juniors playing Seniors only – $250 reduced to $160
- Juniors playing both Seniors & Juniors – $190 reduced to $160
Blowfly Cricket support
Channel 10 – The Project story
Check out the News report during the week on Channel’s 10 ‘The Project’ –https://youtu.be/fvAzXk8Xiw4 from about 1:43 secs.
One of our great achievements is to setup and run a Blowfly Cricket program for our young people with autism. Bill Peterkin and Mike Kinchington have our on the ground leaders who have seen Blowfly cricket develop into an important part of our Community.
Bill is now also involved with his son’s MasterBlasters cricket and Mike is going to live on the South Coast in the New Year. So we need to start planning succession.
This is an early shout out for someone who can be at James Henty Oval on Friday nights between 6.00 pm and 7.30 pm to just be present and to supervise the program that pretty much runs itself.
If you are interested in making a difference to the lives of people with disability and their families, then think about becoming involved. So if you want to make a difference and can set aside 90 minutes on a Friday night for a rewarding experience then think about this wonderful opportunity.
To find out more, without any commitment, contact Bill Peterkin here or 0488 110 942.
After 11 Rounds, the standings of our Teams are:
- U16/17s – Blue (2nd); Red (3rd); Orange (4th); Gold (=5th)
- U15s – Blue (=1st ); Red (=3rd); Red (5th)
- U14s – Blue (=1st ); Green (7th); Orange (=10th)
- U13s – Blue (1st); Red (=5th); Gold (8th); Orange (10th); Green (=12th)
- U12s – White (=2nd); Purple (=4th); Gold (=4th); Red (=8th); Green (=11th); Blue (17th)
- U11s & U10s – no competition points
- MasterBlasters – no competition points
Our Girls play in the North Shore JCA. Standings are:
- Stage 3 (U17) – 5th
- Stage 2 (13 to 17 years) – Haynes (7th); Gardner (9th); McPherson (11th)
Best Performances of the Round
Round 14 (Seniors) & Round 11 (Juniors) results follow. During the week we will update the best Junior performances of the Round with competition starting up again this weekend (5th February).
- 99* by Archie Smith (U15 Blue) Vs Hornsby
- 97 by Ritwick Saha (C2 Blue) Vs Hornsby
- 60 by Cameron Bish (C2 Red) Vs Hornsby
- 51* by Lachlan Edwards (D1 Red) Vs Hornsby
- 4/9 by Gihan Thebuwanage (D1 Blue) Vs Kissing Point
- 4/13 by Anshuman (U17 Blue) Vs Hornsby
- 3/1 by Strauss Vosser (U13 Blue) Vs Castle Hill
- 3/4 by Rudhra Iyer (U17 Red) Vs Oakhill School
- 3/4 by Harnish Patel (U12 Purple) Vs Hornsby
- 3/6 by Nathan Watkins (U17 Red) Vs Oakhill
- 3/9 by James Gerlach (U15 Blue) Vs Hornsby
- 3/10 by Akash Merai (U15 Blue) Vs Hornsby
- 3/11 by James Whiting (U12 Gold) Vs Castle Hill
- 3/15 by Nirav Desai (D2) Vs Thornleigh
Highest Team scores
- 5/205 by U13 Blue Red Vs Castle Hill
- 4/160 by U15 Blue Vs Hornsby
79 by Ansh Pratheesh (39 no) & Gary Roberts (42) in 14 Blue for the 1st wicket Vs WPHC Orange
We can’t use the Schools this season due to Covid restrictions so training will be limited to fewer venues.
Your Team Manager / Coach has the details about training days and venues and everyone should now be ready to go.
Training days and times are:
- Where – Sports Club Nets
- Time – 4.00 pm to 7.30 pm
- Where – George Thornton Reserve
- Time – 4.00 pm to 7.30 pm.