News – October 2021
Status as at 18th October 2021
The latest NSW Government roadmap (08/1) is:
- 70% full vaccination target – here
- 80% full vaccination target – here
- Opening up for everyone (1st December 2021) – here
Cricket is starting as follows:
- Juniors (mixed) & Seniors – Saturday 30th October
- Blowfly cricket – Friday 5th November
- Junior Girls – Saturday 6th November
- Junior Basters – Saturday 6th November
Seniors Season launch
The Seniors season launch is on next weekend. Details are:
- When – Saturday 23rd Oct.
- Where: Greenway Park Community Centre, Greenway Park
- Time – 1:00pm to say 7:00pm
- Food – yes. At this stage a BBQ minimum
- Drinks – soft drinks and a bar will be open
- Cost – only for food and drinks
Everyone is invited; cricketers, family and friends.
Seniors Orders will be ready for collection from 4.00 pm
Seniors Premiership caps
Will be presented. We will confirm the time later this week.
Registrations are filling up fast. You can register at: here .
- Blowfly Cricket – OPEN (all season)
- Junior Blasters – OPEN (Junior Blasters remains open all season)
- Juniors (mixed):
- Master Blasters – OPEN (will remain open all season)
- U10 – OPEN
- U11 – OPEN
- U12 – CLOSED
- U13 – CLOSED
- U14 – OPEN
- U15 – OPEN
- U16/17 – CLOSED
- Seniors – OPEN
Gatherings of up to 30 fully vaccinated people aged 16 can train outdoors in a CovidSafe way.
For Seniors, Club training started on Saturday 16th October. Restrictions require:
- A maximum of 30 players training at any one time
- Use of a QR Code
- Players 16 years of age and over need to be fully vaccinated
- A maximum of 5 players in each net at any one time.
If you ordered Club clothing it will be available for collection at the new Greenway Park Community Centre after training on Sunday 24th October – between 2.00 pm & 4.00 pm.
Kingsgrove Sports (Nth Parramatta) will again be offering a Special Discount day with a 15% discount on playing gear including bats. More on this shortly. Kingsgrove Sports has the biggest range of cricket gear and at the best prices anywhere in Sydney. Stay tuned.
What the season will look like
- Everyone involved as a player, match day official or spectator will need to be fully vaccinated
- Club Training can start effective from Monday 11/10
- Playing conditions will be very similar to last season:
Players are advised to use a hand sanitiser prior to taking the field at the start of a match and prior to resumption of play following a break. Players should:
- OBEY Physical Distancing, both on and off the field.
- NOT use saliva or sweat to polish the ball.
- NOT lick your fingers.
- NOT high five or shake hands in the celebration process.
- AVOID spitting.
- NOT share towels.
- NOT share drink bottles.
- Neither saliva nor sweat shall be purposefully applied to the ball.
- The ball shall be cleaned with an alcohol-based disinfectant wipe at every scheduled break in play including drinks breaks, tea breaks and lunch breaks.
- In the instance that saliva has been applied to the ball, it shall be immediately wiped with an alcohol-based disinfectant wipe.
- At the fall of a wicket or a break in play, the ball shall be rolled near or placed next to stumps at the non-striker’s end.2 • Umpires shall not be required to handle or otherwise touch the ball.
- A fielder may:
- Polish the ball on their clothing provided that no artificial substance or saliva or sweat is used.
- Remove mud from the ball under supervision of the umpire
- Dry a wet ball on a cloth that has been approved by the umpire.
Keep a look out
Keep a lookout for CBA sponsor cricket ads as the Season starts to ramp-up.
Because of our reputation as an inclusive Club and recognition as Community Club of the Year multiple times, we have been approached to ask our Women high achievers to participate in the ad. Specifically, they have sought:
“….inspiring stories of girls, women, and non-binary people within the Sydney region cricket community.
We are planning to film a range of stories from ages 7 to 50 – stories about pioneers in the game, highlighting and promoting inclusivity, people both on and off the field who have an incredible story to share, who are elevating or changing the game with their contribution. This could be players, coaches, other people behind the scenes.”
Keep a look out later this year to see our high achieving Women, both on and off the field in action.
The highly successful Academy will be run again this season. This is run exclusively for WQPHC players and no other Club offers professional coaching to this standard.
The Program is run for 10 weeks and offers structured skills based training skills from some of the best coaches in the District – Premier 1st Grade players, WBBL players and own Academy coaches.
What you get
- 10 weeks of professional coaching batting, bowling, w/k and fielding, game sense, innovation (batting, bowling and captaincy)
- Separate Boys (Wednesday) & Girls (Thursday) Academy sessions that run for 90 minutes
Between 7th November to 15th December and then we finish up with the final 3 sessions between 2nd and 16th February.
Among the best in the area – Premier 1st Grade players, Premier Women’s 1st Grade players, WBBL and our own experienced Coaches led by our Club Head Coach (Hazza).
$225 for a 10 week, high quality program. That is just $25 / session – try getting coaching of this standard at this cost anywhere!
Cap on numbers
We have a cap at a maximum of 18 people per session with a Coach to player ratio of 1:6. After only a few days after being opened we have 21 boys and girls registered so please don’t delay.
We have lots of great feedback with 100% of respondents from last season rating the program as being wither Excellent (83%) or very good (17%). A testimonial it all:
“Fantastic idea executed well…..great coaches that the kids relate to. A huge plus for the Club.”
“Very well-structured program, covering many aspects of the game. Really enjoyed!”
“Very well-structured program, with focus on all aspects of the game”
“All coaches and special guests made the atmosphere one of fun and confidence building.”
How do I register?
Contact Tovin Honeysett on here or 0435 711 442 with any questions.