News – 16 February 2020
Dates for the calendar
- Junior Semi Finals – 8th March 2020
- Junior Grand Finals – 15th March
- Junior Presentation Day – Saturday 21 March at Oakhill Drive Public School
- Senior Semi Finals – 7th & 14th March
- Senior Grand Final – 21st & 22nd March.
Woolworths Bus at Junior Blasters – 22nd February
A great opportunity for the Woolworths Promotional Bus seen at the SCG during the Test Match and Big Bash games is coming to our Junior Blasters.
This offers fun activities such as smoothie making bikes, beanbags and other activations.
Only 10 Junior Blaster sites are given this opportunity across NSW so it is a great opportunity so…come on down to Edward Bennett Oval next Saturday from 9.00 am.
Women’s T20 World Cup – starts Friday 21st February
The Women’s T20 World Cup starts this coming Friday. This will be an amazing opportunity with big crowds and great cricket. Also there is no Competition from the Men’s side as they have disappeared, somewhere, for the summer.
Tickets for the World Cup are $5 for kids (2-16yrs) and start from $20 for Adults.
The opening match on Friday 21st Feb (AUS v IND) at Sydney Showground Stadium has adult category C tickets at $20, category B tickets at $30 and category A tickets at $40, with kids $5 for all categories.
Key dates for Australia;
- Fri 21st Feb – Opening ceremony and opening match (Aus v India) at Sydney Showgrounds Stadium, Homebush. Here is a seating map – here
- Thurs 5th March – Semi-final (double header) at the SCG. The best 4 teams in the world playing off.
Tickets are $5 for kids (2-16yrs) in all categories, while Adults tickets are $20 for category C (Pink), $35 for category B (yellow) and $50 for category A (white). The first semi-final will begin at approx. 3:00pm and the 2nd semi-final approx. 7:00pm.
Seating map is here; here
- Sun 8th March – World Cup Final at the MCG on International Women’s Day (IWD).
The seating map is here; here
Tickets are $5 for kids (2-16yrs) in all categories, while Adults tickets are $20 for category C (Pink), $40 for category B (yellow) and $60 for category A (white). The match will begin approx. 6:00pm. This includes the pre and post-match entertainment by Katy Perry!
Women’s Super Cricket day – 26th February
The opportunities just keep coming through some great collaboration between CNSW, our Association and Northern District CC. In another first note Wednesday 26th February in your diaries.
On this day the NSW Women’s Breakers will be training centre wicket at Mark Taylor Oval from 12.00 pm to 3.00 pm Vs Northern District Women’s 1st Grade. The players will then stay until 8.00 pm to support the Junior Girls
After this session will be a Girls Come & Try session where our Girls will be participating between 6.00 pm & 6.45 pm. This session would be open to all current female players in the Association, as well as any new participants or friends that would like to come along. There would then be time for players, parents and fans to have some photos and get some autographs with the players.
We then have the Women’s Social Cricket initiative following the Master Blasters. So to have the Women’s 1st Class team followed by a ‘Come & Try’ day followed by the Women’s Social program will be an amazing celebration of Women’s cricket at the one venue will be amazing.
Women’s Social Cricket is underway
Women’s Social Cricket kicked off with a ‘Come & Try’ Day at Mark Taylor Oval (Waitara) on Wednesday 5 February. Wow! What a success. We had over 70 Mum’s, daughters and friends come along. Supporting them were husbands, partners and family who were noisy supporters on the sidelines.
The Program runs for 6 weeks, uses a soft ball and importantly no playing experience is necessary. There is no Elyse Perry or Alyssa Healy and even if they did they would be equally welcomed. The Norther District Grade Club and CNSW also had lots of Coaches on hand to help and give guidance,
The environment is one of support and encouragement so there is no downside. To cap it off, everyone is welcome to drinks (soft drinks, wine and champagne) and nibbles in the Club Rooms at Mark Taylor Oval.
- When: Wednesday nights and end 18/3/20
- Where: Mark Taylor Oval, Waitara
- Time: 7pm – 8:30pm. 8pm onwards up in the club house for BYO drinks and food.
- Equipment/ Rules
- Soft Ball ‘Master Blaster’ style cricket – meaning no protective equipment needed (All bats and balls provided)
- Teams of 6-8 players
- Everyone bowls and bats
Registration is via here as an individual, small group (2-5 people) or as a full team (6+ players)
Our bi-annual Club Survey across, Junior Blasters, Girls and Juniors is about to start. We run these Surveys every 2 years with Seniors being held last season. This is an anonymous Survey that is a catalyst for change.
Already it has resulted in a rewrite of our ‘Participation over Results’ for Juniors, our successful efforts to introduce Pathways cricket to the U8s with the introduction of Master Blasters, ramped up communication, and the move towards greater diversity across the Club. So…..this is important and please keep a lookout for it in early February.
Girl’s-only Master Blaster (7 to 10 years)
Is underway at Thornleigh Oval and runs until Friday 20th March 2020.
To play, all you need to do is to Register via our website Registration portal – here and register via the Girls-only section. The rest is easy.
After a washout last weekend results from our 1st match back are:
WPHC (Annetts) 5/63 lost to Vs WPHC (Sthalekar) 5/90
- WPHC Sthalekar – 2nd (53 points)
- WPHC Annetts – 5th (29 points)
WPHC Healy 5/103 defeated WPHC Perry 8/101
WPHC (Healy) – 1st (63 points)
WPHC (Perry) – 2nd (49 points)
All matches were played this week after rain washed out all play last weekend. Highlights are:
- 72* by Luke Fullerton (U16 Orange) Vs Hornsby @ Montview Oval
- 4/6 – Samuel Cutler (U14 Purple) Vs Oakhill College @ Campbell Park
- 3/2 – Samuel Baker (U13 Red) Vs ARL @ Mills Park
- 3/4 – Evan David (U11 Red) Vs Berowra @ Mimosa Oval
- 3/5 – Rashintha Walawage (U13 Green) vs Castle Hill Green @ Greenup
- 120* (3rd wicket) by Deeptanshu Rawat (53 retired) & Akith Ekanayake (23 retired Vs Castle Hill Green @ Greenup ParkGreenway Park.
After the latest Round (14 – 15 Feb), our Team standings are:
- U15 /U16s – Orange 2nd, Blue 7th; White 8th; Red 9th
- U14s – Red 1st; Purple =4th (5th on quotient), Blue 6th, Orange 8th, Green 10th
- U13s – Red 6th, Green 8th, Blue 9th, White 11th
- U12s – Blue 5th, Green 8th; Orange 16th; Gold 17th; Red 19th.
- U11s – Blue 2nd; Orange 6th; Gold 8th; Red 12th; Green 15th
- U8s to U10s – no competition points allocated.
Seniors (All Age)
Round 13 (Day 2) was washed out across all Grades. The highlights from last weekend are summarised:
- 62 by Zac Morris (A2) Vs Kenthurst Upper Hills @ Dural Park
- 62* by Steve Quanborough Vs St Ives Blue @ Greenway Park
- Nil outstanding individual performances
Personal Achievements / Milestones
The Home page of the website has an update of personal Milestones – who has an approaching milestone and who achieved one. The system is now working and each week we will have the latest updates on performances.
Match Reports of every game are on the Match Report section of the website.
Seniors Train at the WPH Sports Club nets on Wednesday and Fridays between 5.00 pm and dusk.
After 12 Rounds, Team standings are:
- A1 – 5th
- Red (Andy) – 4th
- Blue (Gunny) – 3rd
- B1 – 6th
- B2 – 7th
- Red (Phill) = 1st
- Blue (Fieds) – 8th
- C2 – 6th
- C3 – 1st
- Red (Diggers) – 6th
- Blue (Rob) – 4th
- D2 – – 3rd