News – 2nd December 2023
Sports Club Christmas Tree Decorating competition
With just 3 weeks until Christmas and the Sports Club is currently gearing up for a big silly season.
As you walk in the front door of the Sports Club you can’t miss the 4 x Christmas trees. The 4 main Sporting clubs each have a decorated tree – West Penno cricket, Demons (AFL), Lions Football & Giants (Baseball).
The Sports Club is running a competition between 1st December & 31st December 2023 with the most popular tree, as voted on by the Club members, gets a $1,000 donation.
It works this way. Every time someone makes a $5 purchase or more at the Bar or Restaurant they get a paper voucher and patrons are invited to choose the best decorated tree. The winning entry gets the $1,000 donation – simple as that.
We might be biased but our tree is a beauty. There are 200 red baubles with hand-painted seams to look like a cricket ball, hand-made decorated cricket bats by our Girls players, a Warnie angel on top of the tree and much more.
For the benefit on Michael Banner the voting process is easy:
- For every purchase of $5 you get a paper receipt for each $5 spent – a $20 purchase gets 4 x paper vouchers
- Go to the Christmas tree at the front of the Club
- Find our tree and put the paper voucher in the Perspex in front of the tree – simple as that.
So if you needed any incentive to come on down to the Club, get something at the bar or restaurant and then use the token this is a pretty good one.
Women’s Twilight Cricket League – a new playing option
Due to the success of the HK&HDCA Women’s Social Cricket, CNSW is now setting up a Twilight Women’s Social League for Sydney West – Caterson Reserve.
The aim is to provide a further social, fun playing opportunity to women (16+) from West Pennant Hills / Cherrybrook / Castle Hill to Parramatta & Blacktown. Details are below.
- When: February to March 2024 – start date to be confirmed
- Where: Caterson Reserve (Castle Hill)
- Time: 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm
- How long: 8 weeks
- Cost: TBA
How do I register?
You can register via the following link – Twilight Women’s Cricket.
The Association Coaches’ Association is calling for registrations for their January 2024 School Holidays Clinics.
The Coaches’ Association is a not-for-profit body that has built an outstanding reputation for excellence. It is also is highly recommended by our Club.
Details of the Clinics are:
- Where & When:
- Mark Taylor Oval (Waitara) – Wednesday 10th & Thursday 11th January 2024
- Greenway Park – Monday 15th & Tuesday 16th January 2024
- Mark Taylor Oval (Waitara) – Tuesday 23rd & Wednesday 24th January 2024
- 8.30 am to 2.00 pm each day
- Details – check out the following flyer for full details on Clinics: HK&HDCA Coaches Clinic
How do I register?
Online Registrations are via the following link: Register here
Key collection roster – 1st December & 2nd December 2023
|game date||game time||grade||Ground||Key Collection Responsibility||home team||Oval Key
|01-Dec-23||6:00:00 PM||Friday Stage 1 All Girls||John Purchase PS||WPHC||WPHC||N||Y|
|02-Dec-23||8:00 AM||Saturday U9 Mixed||Cherrybrook PS||WPHC Red||Beecroft/Pennant Hills||N||Y|
|Saturday U8 Mixed||WPH PS||WPHC Blue||WPHC Blue||Y||Y|
|Saturday U11 (South) Mixed||Holland Reserve||WPHC Yellow||WPHC Yellow||N||Y|
|8:30 AM||Saturday U17 Mixed||Greenway Oval||WPHC||WPHC||N||Y|
|Saturday U15 Mixed||Dural Park||WPHC Orange||WPHC Orange||Y||Y|
|Caddies Creek||WPHC Gold||WPHC Gold||N||Y|
|Saturday U14 Mixed||Campbell Pk||WPHC Blue||WPHC Blue||N||Y|
|Saturday U13 (Starc) Mixed||John Purchase PS||WPHC Red||WPHC Red||N||Y|
|Northholm Grammar||WPHC White||WPHC White||Y||Y|
|Saturday U12 Mixed||James Henty||WPHC Red||WPHC Red||N||Y|
|9:00 AM||Saturday U11 (South) Mixed||Thomas Thompson||WPHC Blue||WPHC Blue||N||N|
|10:30 AM||Saturday U10 Mixed||Cherrybrook PS||WPHC Green||Beecroft/Pennant Hills Red||N||Y|
|WPH PS||WPHC White||WPHC White||Y||Y|
|Northholm Grammar||WPHC Red||WPHC Red||Y||Y|
|Campbell Pk||WPHC Red||Beecroft Blue||N||Y|
|Greenway Oval||WPHC Blue||WPHC Blue||N||Y|
|Dural Park||WPHC Red||WPHC Red||Y||Y|
Cricket Australia updates
Player statistics in the PlayCricket app
When viewing statistics in the PlayCricket app, some users are noticing error messages or incomplete statistics.
What can I do if my statistics are missing or not displaying correctly in the PlayCricket app? – Play Cricket Support explains the issues users might be facing, and any steps they can take to rectify them.
The article will be updated as the issues are resolved, so please share this freely with anyone who would like to stay informed.
Answers to common e-scoring questions, all in one place
With several weeks of matches now complete, we have fielded e-scoring questions around a few common themes. We’ve pulled these together in a handy eScoring FAQs – Play Cricket Support, which is a great supplement to the Full eScoring Guide – Play Cricket Support for your scorers.
Registrations for 2023/24
Registration status is OPEN for:
- Cricket Blast (5 & 6 year old) – OPEN
- Juniors (Mixed):
- U8 – OPEN
- U9 – OPEN
All other Age Divisions are Closed.
How do I Register?
Registrations can be made via the following link – Register here
Blowfly Cricket is now finished for the season. To find out more about Blowfy cricket for next season checkout the website – https://wphccc.com.au/blowfly/
What if I need more information?
Please contact Bill Peterkin at here
How do Register?
You can register and pay online through the following link – Register | PlayHQ
Channel 10 – The Project story
Check out the News report on Channel’s 10 ‘The Project’ –Blowfly TV item from about 1:43 secs.
The Pathway for Girls this season is:
- All-Girls Blaster Hub (5 to 7 years + new to cricket / soft ball program) – Friday Twilight hub at Thornleigh Oval
- Stage 1 (7 to 11 years of age – new / a bit of experience) – Friday twilight Girls-only cricket (played in the Hornsby district)
- Cricket Blast (5 to 7 year olds for boys & girls);
- Stage 1 (a) – 7 to 11 years of age – new / a bit of experience. Saturday (played at local grounds and in the North Shore area
- Stage 1(b) – 10 to 11 years. Saturday afternoon home & away hardball
- Stage 2 & Stage 3 (ages 12 to 17 years of age) – Saturday afternoon Girls-only competitive cricket.
To learn more then checkout – Girls Playing information
After 9 Rounds (2nd December 2023) the competition table is:
Stage 1 (morning)
- WPHC Jonassen: 4th
Stage 1 (afternoon)
- WPHC Schutt =8th
- WPHC Sutherland 5th
- WPHC Litchfield 11th
- WPHC McGrath 5th
- WPHC King: 5th
The only registrations open are for:
- U8 – OPEN and remain open all season as this is a non-competitive age group
- U9 – OPEN – as above
All other Divisions are CLOSED.
If anyone is still interested in playing in these ages please contact our Juniors (Mixed) Director, Steve Burrows on Juniors (Mixed) email
Competition table after 13 Rounds (2nd December 2023)
- WPHC Purple =1st; Blue 3rd; Green =4th; Gold =4th , Yellow =6th; Red =9th
- WPHC Gold =4th; Green =4th
- WPHC Red 1st; White 9th; Blue 10th
- WPHC Purple 1st; Gold 10th; Blue =12th
- WPHC Red 1st; Orange =4th; Gold =6th
- WPHC 1st
Note: there is no competition for U8 to U11’s.
Competition table after 6 Rounds.
A1 Grade (Cameron): 20 points (4th)
A2 (Campbell): 23 point (3rd)
- Red (Shomik): 26 points (3rd)
- Blue (Todd): 18 points (5th )
B2 (Warren): 28 points (=1st)
C1 (Indranil): 21 points (5th)
- Red (Arun): 19 points (7th )
- Blue (Mat): 11 points (9th) Note: points adjustment pending
- Red (Fieds): 19 points (=5th)
- Blue (Rob): 30 points (1st) Note: points adjustment pending
- Red (Ross S) 28 points (2nd )
- Blue (Hiresh): 13 points (10th )
- Red (Diggers) 23 points (=4th )
- Blue (Agniva): 28 points (=1st)
D2 (Roger): 18 points (5th)